Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unofficial Thief 3 Impressions Thread

The day we all waited for is near
    Unless the world is taken by aliens Thief 3 will reach the hands of hungry taffers all over the world (although the US gets it 1st ).
    Rather than spreading all your impressions in several individual threads lets us group our l33t reviews here.
    Use spoiler tags (thx mode2 for the tip) so that the taffers who dont want to know the story but want to know your views stay happy.
    Be as honest as possible but keep the flame and hype at low levels so that this thing doesnt turn into a gamespy forum.

And since that today I feel brave , I would like to ask a mod to sticky this thread unless they think that Thief 3 will hurt Alien Swarm (which IMO it is unlikely).
    Last edited by BrokenArts; 23 May 2004, 10:47 PM.
    Feel the power of the

I read the suggestion, good idea for this thread. Don't worry, you know what will happen if the flames start, they shall be doused. We are all entitled to opinions, instead of saying "THIS GAMES SUCKS" Give a reason why, if we love it, let the gushing begin.
    Sticky, no problem. :-)

Comment

All of the reviews i've read are the same: Excellent game, sucky graphics. I'm one of those people who can look past the flaws in a game and find much enjoyment, so i'm still not worried.
      I know how concrete is made... Squirrels!

Comment

There has been one review with it being stated the graphics suck, I don't know why. I think the graphics will be great, for the PC version, you bet. All the other reviews that I have read have given the graphics thumbs up.

Comment

I haven't read ANY reviews that say the graphics suck, instead they say that they're on par with UT2K4 and Far Cry.
          Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

I agree with you Sal, it is one view after all. Find it here what was said.
            http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...threadid=38215

Comment

I've been avoiding the Gamespy review as I don't want any more spoilers with it almost being in my hands.

Comment

Not the Gamespy review Salvage is trying to avoid.
                "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Comment

Check down in middle of the page:

http://www.ign.com/?fromint=1

They have "stolen" screenshots from the final xbox version dated 5/24/04. I wish someone would take some quality screenshots from the PC version and stop wasting time with lo-res TV graphics. Ah well, just hours away till I see for myself

Comment

High res screen shots here: http://mavra.perilith.com/~faceless/.sux/shots.shtml (spoilers in this one) and here: http://forums.ionstorm.com/index.php?showtopic=210030

Comment

Okay, I just read the IGN Review and it's cool and all, but one little paragraph struck me as odd:

A stellar and mood-defining sound environment, excellent voice work, gorgeous lighting, and a slow-to-build but page-turning story fuel Deadly Shadows to great effect, and it's also fairly long and involved, although there is no multiplayer or modding tools to extend the life of the product. And I know multiplayer could work, as a Thief-styled Unreal 2003 mod proved, where one side was the thieves and the others played the guards, like the MP in Pandora Tomorrow. However, concessions will be made to both get the game out the door in polished form, and to do so for the PC and Xbox.
                      What F*cking Thief-styled multiplayer mod for Unreal 2003 is he talking about? Maybe Thievery?? Not Unreal 2003! Nightblade? For Unreal 2004, and it's not even out yet! But he plainly states, "And I know multiplayer could work, as a Thief-styled Unreal 2003 mod proved

I don't know, that part just erked me. He wrote a three page review and he sounded like a "reliable source." But than he makes that guffaw.

Comment

I was under the impression nightblade would work on UT2003. Although I'm guessing his use of past tense indicates that he was in fact talking about thievery.

Anyway. Back on topic.

I think, no matter how "poor" the graphics in Thief 3 are, if they are better than Thief 2 and the gameplay is at least half as good, then the game is still a winner. It would have to be a rather profound downfall in comparison to Thief 2 for Thief 3 to be a failure.

Besides, what else is there to play these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill
                          Besides, what else is there to play these days?
                          ALIEN SWARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchtica
                            ALIEN SWARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Red Orchestra

Comment

Stay on topic. This is about T3, you can talk about Alien Swarm in another forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X