How do you get this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get this?

Ok, now playing Souls Harbour, I found a small little white line in the window sill tihng running outside the room with the secret HP and the jewel in the locked box. At first I thought it was a crack, but on closer inspection, it is actually a coin.

Here's a close view, taken through a scouting orb:

Here's the view from further away, taken through a telescope, just incase you are not sure which area I am talking about:

So, I decided to try and get this coin. You cannot simply walk along the sill, as you get pushed off into the water by the window shutters and trying to use rope arrows to bypass them doesn't seem to work either. Does anyone know how to get this - there must be some easy way?

(Also many people don't seem to like souls harbour, dunno why, it's a great map)
    These days I find that I can't be bothered,
    To argue with them - well what's the point?
    Better to take you shots and drop down dead.

Jeebus that's what I call an easter egg. Good job on finding that! No idea how to get it except to cheat and type ghost =P.

Comment

Man, I wish you hadn't brought this up, but since you already guessed it, you can reliably use a rope arrow to get on top of the shutters and drop down to the ledge below the window. In fact, I've never fallen into the water doing that, either.

I've never noticed that coin there, though, and I usually get in the building that way whenever I play.
      Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

I saw that coin just the other day, and with the shutter there, it makes it hard to get to. I was going to try getting it from around the other way, not sure yet.

Comment

Here, have a demo.

Put it in your UnrealTournament\System folder, open Thievery, open the console and type demoplay soulsharbor.dem
          Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Muahahaha! I've known about that coin for ages!

Although the five loot isn't really worth the trouble. :p

Comment

Well, I found it quite a while ago but never got round to taking the screenies, and then after that never got round to posting anything.

Yer, salvage, that is pretty obvious - It's just a shame that when I did it, I rope arrowed into the front of the window and then shot another rope arrow can tried to do some crazy rope arrow jumps between them (that doesn't work to well). For some reason I didn't think of just rope arrowing up the side O_o

Comment

omg so much trouble for NOTHING......well ok 5 loot .

Comment

If you're just gonna moan then why bother posting

Comment

I am not moaning ,it's just absolutly useless talking about a coin......

Comment

Not neccessarily so Skull, some people that play Co-op like to max out loot. The only map that has ever given us trouble in maxing out loot, is Breandor, finding that last 20 loot.

Comment

what about Theatre? :p
                        This is my cool sig.

Comment

theater does give trouble, but not as much.

That was one bog easter egg. I'll have to do some more lookling in tha level.

Rope swining not easy? I htought it was one of the easiest things to do!
                          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Grrr, why did you post it? Thats an old trick for me, but now everyone knows about it.
                            I know how concrete is made... Squirrels!

Comment

Working...
                            X