Spiders Yea or Nea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiders Yea or Nea?

I am currently making a map for Thievery as some of you may or may not know. The plot line as changed more times an a teenage girl in a day. (I am a step-dad to a 17 yr old, so I do know).
    My lastest idea is as follows...
    There is a religious group that worships the Spider..They had even gone as far as making a solid gold statue of a spider. Of which you must steal. Now the question I have is this. How many spiders are to many for a map?
    I will be toneing down the spiders in the map. So that they don't wipe out all the Thieves and you will be able to avoid them.
    Remember they will be easier to kill than the ones we have dealt with before.
    They will also be friendly to guards, but not follow them.

Have I mentioned that I can't type worth a shit?
    4:1
    0%
    3:1
    0%
    2:1
    0%
    Any amount is to many. I HATE SPIDERS!!!!!!
    0%

I am not sure what my daily ration of spiders is. I currently eat zero spiders every day. Has the FDA approved a daily intake level of spiders yet?
    Thought for the day: Beware of Gods who do not laugh

http://bobthemad.8m.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheMad
      I am not sure what my daily ration of spiders is. I currently eat zero spiders every day. Has the FDA approved a daily intake level of spiders yet?
      Approved daily intake of spiders? No. But they do have figures on the average number eaten by people accidentally in their sleep. Apparently, most people have consumed several dozen spiders in their sleep by the time they're 75.

Comment

I'm soon renaming to Spider-Man.
        JM

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
          Originally posted by BobTheMad
          Approved daily intake of spiders? No. But they do have figures on the average number eaten by people accidentally in their sleep. Apparently, most people have consumed several dozen spiders in their sleep by the time they're 75.
          I've seen other reports where they said that wasn't true at all and that most people consume almost none.

Speaking of endles studies and counterstudies: I once asked my doctor about the "baldness is typically determined by the mother's genetics" idea that even my high school biology teacher said was true. The doctor said, "It's common knowledge but I don't think it's true."
          BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheDog
            I've seen other reports where they said that wasn't true at all and that most people consume almost none.
            No, it's true. I've been counting.

Comment

Someone call the thread police..
              My thread has been hijacked... :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Apache{NAD}
                Someone call the thread police..
                My thread has been hijacked... :roll:
                Sorry, Apache.

To be honest, I'm not sure how you're applying your ratio. ARe there a set number of large spiders, and you're wondering how many small ones there shold be per large one? Or are there a wet number of small ones, and you're trying to determine how many large ones there should be?

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                  Originally posted by BobTheDog
                  No, it's true. I've been counting.
                  Do you examine your stool?
                  BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

I was thinking along the lines of about 5 large spiders.

Comment

The way i see it, larger spiders are some sort of strange and magical beasts from fairyland, so they should be rare (4:1)

Comment

the more the merrier.

Comment

I don't mind spiders so much, but they do seem slightly balanced to favor the thieves at this point. (for good or for bad) The meanest and deadliest spiders jump all over the place and kill guards in 1 or 2 strikes whereas the pet spiders seem to die really fast.

I'd like to see spiders that find thieves and guards with equal ease in light or dark for once.
                          "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                            I don't mind spiders so much, but they do seem slightly balanced to favor the thieves at this point. (for good or for bad) The meanest and deadliest spiders jump all over the place and kill guards in 1 or 2 strikes whereas the pet spiders seem to die really fast.

I'd like to see spiders that find thieves and guards with equal ease in light or dark for once.
                            They will also be friendly to guards, but not follow them.
                            Not sure how you got that they were balanced in favor of thieves out of that.

Comment

I was thinking along the lines of about 5 large spiders.
                              So from 10 to 20 small spiders, depending on which ratio you use? That seems excessive.

Comment

Working...
                              X