Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the poor ones : Thief 3 Demo released.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the poor ones : Thief 3 Demo released.

http://www.gamershell.com/news_Demof...dlyShado.shtml

Check it out

Hm played it and im alot more confident right now. Koing is trickier, loot glint decently used (id say necessary coz valuable stuff looks alot more like junk often), it runs smooth and looks nice. The loading zones didnt bother me, just looked goofy and there was even an old school animated movie between the missions. The missions itself were decent, but i guess thats just the warmup anyway. Movement was fine imo and after a while i got used to the head-bob. Lockpicking is piece of cake.

Btw funny bug. In the training mission when ya supposed to shoot a noise arrow to lure a guard away from a door ya need to enter, open the door from the side and throw something into there. When the guard goes in follow and as soon as you reach the checkpoint he gets non-hostile and invulnerable. He went back to stay at the door and i could backstab him with the dagger as much as i liked...had to throw something at him to be able to get back out though
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Comment

Am I right that Thief 3 does not work with windows ME?

If it does, do you think it will work on my comp:

866mhz
      256Ram
      64Meg G4 vid card

Something makes me think I shouldn't bother DLing that 400 some megs ...

Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

I dunno about Windows ME.

They don't support laptops, still I got the demo to run pretty ok on my laptop. I haven't played through the mission yet, but so far so good. Menu sucks tho, looks like something ripped out of a early 90's game.

Comment

From what i've heard it's XP/2k only

Comment

Originally posted by Skull
            From what i've heard it's XP/2k only
            Nope, it works even on Windows 98, although it isn't as optimal as on XP/Win2K.

Comment

System specs off the box:

Windows 2000/XP
              (98/95/ME/NT Not supported)
              Intel Pentium IV 1.5 Ghz (or AMD ATHLON XP equivalent)
              256 mb of ram
              DirectX9 compatible sound card
              3gb of hard drive space

Supported graphics cards:
              ATI RADEON 8500
              ATI RADEON 9 SERIES (9000, 9200, 9600, 9800)
              NVIDIA GEFORCE 3TI SERIES
              NVIDIA GEFORCE 4TI SERIES
              NVIDIA GEFORCE FX SERIES
              NVIDIA GEFORCE 6 SERIES

Comment

Is the GeForce 4 MX or Ti, Jester? The difference is important; one hax pixel shader, allowing you to run Thief3, the other doesn't. (You want the Ti).
                Nightmaster,
                .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Is there any server that'll let me download faster than 54 mbps? I got one to work at 365 for a few minutes, but dropped to three at about 5%.
                  "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                    Is there any server that'll let me download faster than 54 mbps? I got one to work at 365 for a few minutes, but dropped to three at about 5%.
                    http://gamesweb.com/pc/downloads/dem...?item_id=42814

click on the one that says "Download starten @gamesweb.com"
                    i am getting 270kbps so it's gonna take 25 min
                    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

If only I could still get 900kbps...
                      It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

I don't know what the hell is going on, but after I set the game resolution to 1600x1200, hoping that the graphics would look better then at 640x480, the demo crashed. And it keeps crashing as soon as I start it up.

I haven't seen that problem adressed in bug fix threads yet...

And I'm using Windows 2000, to boot. Four re-installs didn't help.

Comment

Skull, the demo was mentioned in the T3 sticky thread as well.

Comment

Yes indeed BA they mentioned that it was planned on releasing a demo but they didn't mention the actuall release .

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                              I don't know what the hell is going on, but after I set the game resolution to 1600x1200, hoping that the graphics would look better then at 640x480, the demo crashed. And it keeps crashing as soon as I start it up.
                              You need to edit your "options.ini" located in My Documents\Thief Deadly Shadows Demo\Savegames\User Options folder. Change the line "Resolution=4" to "Resolution=X" where X=

0 (640x480)
                              1 (800x600)
                              2 (1024x768)
                              3 (1280x1024)
                              4 (1600x1200)

Save the file and restart the game. You will be able to readjust the resolution in-game afterwards if needed (just avoid 1600x1200 for now ).
                              No Linux, No Choice.
                              Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X