X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GREAT Babel fish experiment

Using the online translater Babel Fish

ORIGINAL TEXT

The cat's name is Bill. He likes to hump rocks. He eats cheese and fish. His friend is a dog. The dog's name is Lester the Molester. Alien space monkeys named Frenobulon like to play chess with Lester the Molester.

FIRST ITERATION- Original Text to Spanish and back to English

Spanish:

El nombre del gato es cuenta. ةl tiene gusto a la roca de la chepa. ةl come el queso y pescados. Su amigo es un perro. El nombre del perro es Lester el Molester. Los monos extranjeros del espacio nombraron a Frenobulon tienen gusto de jugar a ajedrez con Lester el Molester.

English:

The name of the cat is account. It has taste to the rock of chepa. It eats the cheese and fish. His friend is a dog. The name of the dog is Lester the Molester. The foreign monkeys of the space named to Frenobulon have taste to play chess with Lester the Molester.

SECOND ITERATION: Retranslated text to German and back to English

German:

Der Name der Katze ist Konto. Er hat Geschmack zum Felsen von chepa. Er iكt den Kنse und die Fische. Sein Freund ist ein Hund. Der Name des Hundes ist Lester das Molester. Die fremden Fallhammer des Platzes, der zu Frenobulon benannt wird, haben den Geschmack zum Spielen des Schachs mit Lester das Molester.

English:

The name of the cat is account. It has taste to rock of chepa. He eats the cheese and the fish. Its friend is a dog. The name of the dog is Lester mole molester. The other drop hammer of the workstation, which is designated to Frenobulon, to have the taste for playing chess with Lester mole molester.

THIRD ITERATION: English to Italian and Back

Italian:

Il nome del gatto è cliente. Ha gusto alla roccia del chepa. Mangia il formaggio ed i pesci. Il relativo amico è un cane. Il nome del cane è molester della talpa di Lester. L' altro maglio a caduta libera della stazione di lavoro, che è indicata a Frenobulon, per avere il gusto per il gioco degli scacchi con il molester della talpa di Lester.

English:

The name of the cat is customer. It has taste to the cliff of the chepa. It eats the cheese and the fish. The relative friend is a dog. The name of the dog is molester of the mole of Lester. The other mallet to free fall of the station of job, that it is indicated to Frenobulon, for having the taste for the game of chess with the molester of the mole of Lester.

FOURTH ITERATION: English to French and Back

French:

Le nom du chat est client. Il a le goût à la falaise du chepa. Il mange le fromage et les poissons. L'ami relatif est un chien. Le nom du chien est molester de la taupe de Lester. L'autre maillet pour libérer la chute de la station du travail, celui on l'indique à Frenobulon, pour avoir le goût pour le jeu des échecs avec le molester de la taupe de Lester.

English:

The name of the cat is customer. It has the taste with cliff of the chepa. It eats cheese and fish. The relative friend is a dog. The name of the dog is molester mole To ballast. The other mallet to release the fall of the station of work, that one indicates it to Frenobulon, to have the taste for the play of the failures with the molester of the mole To ballast.

FINAL ITERATION: English to Portugese and Back

Portugese:

O nome do gato é cliente. Tem o gosto com o penhasco do chepa. Come o queijo e os peixes. O amigo relativo é um cمo. O nome do cمo é toupeira do molester ao reator. O outro malho para liberar a queda da estaçمo do trabalho, esse indica-o a Frenobulon, para ter o gosto para o jogo das falhas com o molester da toupeira ao reator.

English:

The name of the cat is customer. It has the taste with the cliff of chepa. It eats the cheese and the fish. The relative friend is a dog. The name of the dog is mole of molester to the reactor. The other rammer to liberate the fall of the station of the work, this indicates it it Frenobulon, to have the taste for the game of the feeds with molester of the mole to the reactor.

Exactly the same starting text, using Lost in Translation

First:
    known of the cat it is calculation. It appreciates with the cliff of the effect. It eats the cheese and the fish. His friend is a dog. The name of the dog is of extrangeiro of Lester mol. The monkeys of Disowned of the losses called of the Frenobulon tin of the zone with mol of the game of extrangeiro of Lester.

Including Japanese, Chinese, and Korean:
    It is east exceptional calculation of the cat. This extends on this rock, coh the OH he, he has taken. It eats the cheese and the fish. This friend is two things. Two names are energy to the valve of the butterfly of the bud. The monkey disowned of the zone of the nation loaded to this company inside ignited, the Frenobulon, that indicates the energy of the losses to the valve to the butterfly of the bud, he must appreciate obtained.

===

(Now, I guess if you feed an average forum debate on war, politics or religion through it, it'll be a mite more entertaining and perhaps make more sense).

Comment

No wonder you humans fight so damn much! You misunderstand each other all the time!

NOW! if you talked in binary like me and my buddies do... you'd have much less to worry about :grin:
      ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
        No wonder you humans fight so damn much! You misunderstand each other all the time!

NOW! if you talked in binary like me and my buddies do... you'd have much less to worry about :grin:
        I suggest you shut up before I go all nimda on your ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Nachimir
          Cool!

Starting text:
          Which website will allow me to Ask Peeves a question?

Ended up with this:
          That website releases affinchè I them possible increases in Peeves a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-

Would you care to step outside Virus?

*Rolls up sleves*

*Flexes Muscles*

C'mon! me and you...RIGHT NOW BITCH!

*Starts throwing objects everywhere*

BRING IT ON FATBOY!

:x :x
            ~TuF~

Comment

I always wanted to know how to say "cheese" in 15 different languages... :grin:
              TCO – Retired
              Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

HA HA HA! I snotted on my monitor when I read that!

Thought for the day: Beware of Gods who do not laugh

http://bobthemad.8m.com/

Comment

Original:
                  I like to thief. But being a guard is alright too, it just depends on the map.

Afterwards:
                  Esteem with me I scrape it. But, a protection to be is on the other hand, he depends probably straight-line the sketch.

Comment

Working...
                  X