New map out, playable at ctb, tob, BRODYS

New map out, dl at ctg, view and dl at tob

New map out, dl at ctg, view and dl at tob, IMPRESSINSHOW AND DL AT BRODYS

Why do u do this?
    Why does no one tell ME there is map to host, map to put on server to play.

Why do i really need to search for?
    Do u mappers not want me to host?
    Do u mappers not want me to put on server to play?

Then ok, i wont do. I am so annoyed on that. Always i need to join and search on other forums to get information. U Mappers want us to host your map on server for play, so why dont u contact the Admins?
    A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
    Vietcong Customs Center

The mappers post it on the forums here, so the admins know they can put it up a server if they wish. To me there is no problem at ALL with that. It's a small community ... the maps will get noticed on the forum.
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

no

same is on servers. when the players saw the map "new map?".

comon. this is the practice.

maybe a section with colleted hosters will help out, right in upper of boards.

host sites
      ftp for upload
      url to new maps

ah, well, just leave it as it is. i wont host anymore.

Thievery Customs Center
      Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

Originally posted by Brody
        no

same is on servers. when the players saw the map "new map?".

comon. this is the practice.

maybe a section with colleted hosters will help out, right in upper of boards.

host sites
        ftp for upload
        url to new maps

ah, well, just leave it as it is. i wont host anymore.
        Brody, you've done good things and you've provided us with good services. But you're creating a problem nobody else seems to have. I haven't seen any server complaining about this, ever. And now don't say every other server get emails except for you.

Your standard reaction always seems to be "Ok leave itnow. I'll stop doing that forever, bye!". Wether it's a server, a site or map hosting ... in the end you will go to that point if just one tiny little thing isn't going the way you want. Things aren't always the way we want it.

Just my two cents.
        On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

ur "two cents" are nothing worse.

we both should stop that, b4 its too far.

i did say i wont host anymore. i did not say i leave. would u stop always finger in directions that are not, plz?

the reaction s on the servers are (me was there) surprising. "new map?". but thats not my point.
          my point is why does no mapper come ONE step to those they want the map to host? why not? some ppl have site and dl section. why not contact them to upload?
          some ppl make impressions, pics of maps and dl link. why not contact them?

before u answer again, mr. phae. this is rhetorical. thoughts suggestion. no really answer needed.

Thievery Customs Center
          Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

.... i did not say i leave .... would u stop always finger in directions that are not, plz?
            Nor did I say you said that.

My point is why does no mapper come ONE step to those they want the map to host? why not? some ppl have site and dl section. why not contact them to upload?
            some ppl make impressions, pics of maps and dl link. why not contact them?
            As I mentioned in the other reply, the maps WILL get noticed on the forum. If thievery players are surprised there are new maps they don't often check the forum or aren't bothered to look in the threads. That's no loss ... they can download it from the server or on hosting sites for the maps. The admins however have always been on this forum, they have always seen the threads and they have always put up the maps on their own. It's not more then logical to me that the mappers will continue to post their maps on this forum and simply wait for the admins to put it up. Why shouldn't they? So far tt has always worked in the past, hasn't it?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

logical is subjective.

me i am not often on the forums, too. so if maps announced and i see it, ill look on it. BUT do i need to search for?
              did not an own section collect that more together? one click only, one section only for ALL the new around/about new/updated maps, not?
              do the mappers are not interested to get as public as possible the maps? that soon as possible the players would know about and grab?
              does the mappers not been interested to publish maps? not only create and let download, no, i mean with pics as on tob and/or impressions as on my site? no? no interest to publish? so each player would need to download it BEFORE he seen any little pic or part?

Thievery Customs Center
              Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

me i am not often on the forums, too. so if maps announced and i see it, ill look on it. BUT do i need to search for?
                did not an own section collect that more together? one click only, one section only for ALL the new around/about new/updated maps, not?
                do the mappers are not interested to get as public as possible the maps? that soon as possible the players would know about and grab?
                does the mappers not been interested to publish maps? not only create and let download, no, i mean with pics as on tob and/or impressions as on my site? no? no interest to publish? so each player would need to download it BEFORE he seen any little pic or part?
                That's their responsibility, not yours. If the system they give out their maps now will no longer work, and the maps will not have the publicity you mention, the mappers will notice this themselves. If one mapper isn't bothered to email or contact admins and/or host sites it's up to them. If this results in having no publicity it's their fault.

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

SOrry brody, i'll phone you direct at home next time.
                  ~TuF~

Comment

I gave you word back then, didnt i Brody? *hug* (^o^)
                    My leet Thievery Map
                    My leet UT3 Map
                    My leet AS Map

Comment

so that s what i mean, mr. phae.

and the rest, ok

.....!!!

Thievery Customs Center
                      Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

I love irc ..... oh this isn't?

Comment

Brody, one of those maps just released was made by a member of my team. I first heard about its public release here on the forums. And I'm not bitching about it, am I? I just downloaded the public release, upped it to the Crackaz site, and installed it on my own system. No fuss, no complaint, did it the same way every other server admin has to do it.

Comment

Mappers want to give around players their map, so they should contact that ones, that they want to host for download.
                            Mappers want to see their map on Servers for play, so they should contact that ones, they want them to put it on their Servers for play.

It cannot be the task of any Serveradmin and/or Hostadmin, to search through the Forums for possibly new maps.

There are about 400 players, potential 400 possibly Mappers. That means 400 possibilities for a new map.
                            There are about 20 Serveradmin/Hostadmins. That means ONLY up to 20 contacts needed to publish Maps.

That is my point and will it be. Me dont need to search for. Mappers should inform.

Information is a bringowe.

As i told above: .....!

Thievery Customs Center
                            Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

It's your choice, Brody. Run your server how you want. But if you don't have all the maps being played, it's because you didn't get them and put them on your server. You're quite free to do that.

On, and there's another new map out, again, by a member of my own team, and again, the first I knew of its public release was here. And again, I'm not the one whining about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X