WANTED : Horror Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED : Horror Games

OK, I need suggestions for scary PC games, I've got undying and silent hill 2, but I want more! I've done a search but cannot find anything which really catches my eye

So, any of you people played a game which has really terrorfied you? if so what is it?
    ~TuF~

Yeah!

Mach and I want horror games! We were discussing this, and not much out there. Nothing scares me anymore, I still like playing them though.

Anyone know of any good horror games, let us know. Thanks.

Comment

I've yet to find a scary pc game...

AvP can make some people freak out tho.

Other then that... Thief.

Comment

Monster Party for NES

It's not a PC game, but I think you can manage.

Comment

K, heres what I've tried.

Theif 1 - Yes, very scary and tense in places.

Theif 2 - Again, the same.

Theif 3 - Made me jump many a time, and the Cradle needs no justification.

Silent hill 2 - Just got it now, not really hooking me in at the moment, seems to consoley and the camera angles stop me enjoying it.

AvP - Didn't scare me at all :-(

System SHock 2 - Awsome game, scarey too.

Clive Barkers Undying - Probably the best one I played, BUT it does drift off near the end into a doom like kill everything. Until then, fantastic.

-------------------------------------------------

I just want more! it's definatly a genre thats only been lightly touched, so as far as I know there aren't many horror games out there, just kinda intreasted to know if anybody else has seen them!
          ~TuF~

Comment

Sanitarium was supposed to be a VERY strange and scary game.

However, it is getting on in years now...

And it was partly puzzle game too, which kind of turned me off.

Comment

The first Alone in the Dark game was kind of freaky, but when I play it nowadays the graphics look terrible, and it's not nearly as scary. Still, it set the standards for adventure/horror games.

Comment

I know they're old but the resident evil games gave me a few scares....though I played them on the console and a night
                All americans suck donkey balls except for you!

Comment

Alone In The Dark 4 was released a few years ago, so its gfx are still up to par.

Comment

Pokemon these creatures just scare me,just look at pikachu ....... wouldn't want to play that game at night with headphones.....

Comment

Scariest games(after the Thief series) are:

Aliens Vs Predator series-this game just gives me the craps,especially if when playing as Marine an alien lands on your head.

The Undying-great atmospheric start and the mansion is excellent to explore and I love the Unreal Graphics,just a shame about the cruddy Easter Island ending.

Wheel Of Time-now this is what The Undying was ripped off from and I personally consider the BEST game released on the Unreal engine(apart from ThieveryUT ofcourse),has loads of creepy bits and is very atmospheric and some of the mapping reminds me a lot of ThieveryUT(but then again it could just be some of the texture sets)

Comment

If ya wanna go old skool and can really get into your games, you could try something ecentric like Pathways Into Darkness.

Alternatively, get Marathon and have someone whip ya up a map with nothing but Invisible Compilers... scary as shit, lemme tell ya...
                        TCO – Retired
                        Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Blood 2 mebbe...its not scary that is, but its definitely very weird >=D

Other than that definitely System Shock 2, on Console Silent Hill 1 and 3, RE 1 and 2 and Parasite Eve 2
                          My leet Thievery Map
                          My leet UT3 Map
                          My leet AS Map

Comment

silent hill 3, resident evil for ps console. thief, damn zombies.
                            I have sex with my hand!

Comment

There was a short discussion over at eidos about this:
                              http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...threadid=38161

Another one I can think of is The Thing.
                              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Working...
                              X