TH-Monastery... Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TH-Monastery... Released!

Here it is, the Hammerite Monastery, finally ready.

TH-Monastery74.rar

Enjoy!

Please post your comments. I am still a mapping n00b, and need all the input I can get.

Thanks go to crackaz for testing!

EDIT: And speak up if the link doesn't work, supposedly it's password protected, but it doesn't seem to be.
    <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Map is also available in the Thievery Maps section of Crackaz Downloads.

Comment

LR has reminded me to mention that this map is not the final version, and will be updated if any issues are found.

Comment

Fun!

I think it's great, Firetiger! I just played through it and really enjoyed it. Lots of hiding places and good entrances/exits. I found a weird little bug on the outside of the church, but I don't think I can explain it... Maybe I can show you some time?

Comment

I'll check it out!

------

------"

Comment

W00ts0r, good map!

How long did ya work on it?

I wub the new textures. Btw i guess since its a beta the many empty books will be filled....with some Hammerite blah-blah maybe? ^^
            My leet Thievery Map
            My leet UT3 Map
            My leet AS Map

Comment

i'll check out the map later ... oh I do suggest contacting brody, otherwise he'll have to search for this map
              On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

...!

u do again "fun" with "stupid" thoughts of others that not fit with ur own minds?

is the suggestion of an own part, that collects all "new map" threads, including dl links and comments of players sooo stupid?

this community chat forum has above 2000 threads actually. so u reall want ppl and possibly new coming ppl to SEARCH and click around all for getting these "new map" threads, yes?

not everyone live in the internet mr. phae.
                if u dont want agree, thats ur point. but to make sarcastic fun on it, is ur choice to provoke others for "their stupid" thoughts and ideas

go and let all as it is. "hide" new map thread somewhere on this board. and dont wonder if others wont know, will not want to know.
                u all know for urself, how much u like it to get informations compact, included, fast and full.

maybe only pat and patachon dont mind to sit hrs around forums.
                Last edited by Brody; 10 Jun 2004, 05:15 AM.
                A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
                Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

Brody, humor isn't for everyone

Firetiger, I just ran through the map quickly and there are a few things that i'd like to say.
                  • Good things:

- Good choice on Van Gogh, he's dutch like me
                    - I like the hamerite textures and hamerite things.
                    - I like the overal architecture and use of ideas. I liked that bookcase for example

• Critical things:

- The golden books are sometimes gold, other times they're unfrobbable and again other golden books are readables with no text in them. This is really anoying, for you don't know what book is loot or not until you actualy know this by memory. Please change this.

- The exit is almost completely dark, this is a bit anoying at first sight. Playing the map online might show me wrong though.

- The objective room with the painting has only one door. IMO this is baaaaaad .... we don't want a second gerome, now do we? Could you add some windows or another door maybe in a next version?

• Suggestions:

- The guards don't have hamers as a weapon. You can't really help this, I know that ... but it would be great if the mace was replaced by a big hammer. Maybe you could arrange something with a coder, so that he replaced the mace mesh with a hammer mesh? I don't know

- About the books, some books are readables but contain no text at all. I personaly never like this at all. I suggest adding text to it, or if you really don't want to do that just make them unfrobbable. Adding text to it adds more story into the map though

That's it for now ... I hope it's useful
                  Last edited by PhaeThorn; 10 Jun 2004, 05:45 AM.
                  On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Haunts have swords too, so probably its not a real big deal
                    ... I think
                    EDIT: Phae! You taffer!
                    He cant include hamers. See the guard objectives
                    Last edited by Antero90; 10 Jun 2004, 05:56 AM.
                    Feel the power of the

Comment

Humour ends always there where others get hurt on it...

and again....!
                      A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
                      Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

The objective room with the painting has only one door. IMO this is baaaaaad ....

Yes, but there are three windows though that Thieves can use to get into the art area. I think it would look better if those windows were transparent though.

Crits/Suggestions
                        ================

- The sky box needs to have a higher resolution in my opinion.

- Add lots more lighting perhaps. At the moment I think the map is too Thief friendly - there are lots of big dark patches inside and outside the Monastery.

- I love the idea of a Hammerite Monastery, but I didn't get the feeling that I was really in one. I'd like to see LOADS of Hammerite relics! Red curtains, red carpets, red flags: add lots of those in everywhere. It would be great if all the guards were wearing red too.

-Perhaps try and make some huge statues of ancient Hammerite heroes with huge hammers in the Monastery - that would really look impressive!

(If it's possible to add your own set of Hammerite guard voices, that would be even better, but I'm not sure that's possible).

- The outside of the Monastery, I think, should have huge red flags too, so that one can truly recognize it to be a Hammerite Monastery.

- I think the Monastery deserves to look a lot more spectacular. Instead of the stone floor, maybe have a shiny marble floor? (With lavish red carpets).

Reference Pics
                        ============

I'm just searching on google for some Refs - found some good ones so far. I found this map that someone is making a cathedral of in UT:

Salisbury Cathedral; this is kind of what I mean about the splendour.

Something like this could be used as stain glass!
                        Last edited by Athelstone; 10 Jun 2004, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
                          - Good choice on Van Gogh, he's dutch like me
                          He was also insane like you. :p

Originally posted by Brody
                          Humour ends always there where others get hurt on it...

and again....!
                          All humor is born of pain. Basic truth about comedy.

But Brody, if you'd rather, you can just check the couple sites that DO have all the maps produced so far, like ToB, Crackaz, and TSG. That way, you don't have to scour the forums for them, if you're not willing to take that responsibility. You can let us do it for you, and benefit from our efforts.

Please, just quit whining about it.

Comment

Athel, that's a nice map there. If I could make map like I use to in Doom.... It's so nice to be able to make, desing any landscape/house/etc we dream of. Like this cathedral, It would be just soo nice, especially the blue of the windows. I've seen the same blue in Notre Dame de Paris cathedral. It amazed me. God it's dark inside a cathedral like this.
                            ------

------"

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
                              Critical things:

- The golden books are sometimes gold, other times they're unfrobbable and again other golden books are readables with no text in them. This is really anoying, for you don't know what book is loot or not until you actualy know this by memory. Please change this.
                              The only gold books that are loot should be on the shelf in the library. I didn't think to remove the other look-alike gold books in the map.

Originally posted by Phaethorn
                              - The exit is almost completely dark, this is a bit anoying at first sight. Playing the map online might show me wrong though.
                              Hmm, it isn't for me. It should have the same ambient light as the rest of the map.

- The objective room with the painting has only one door. IMO this is baaaaaad .... we don't want a second gerome, now do we? Could you add some windows or another door maybe in a next version?
                              One door, plus 3 windows. Two of which are pickable, the last is only opened by guards. And also note that the door is larger than normal doors.

- The guards don't have hamers as a weapon. You can't really help this, I know that ... but it would be great if the mace was replaced by a big hammer. Maybe you could arrange something with a coder, so that he replaced the mace mesh with a hammer mesh? I don't know
                              This is true, and I had already attempted this myself, but was unable. If you read the objectives, it says the city watch were hired to guard the monastery.

- About the books, some books are readables but contain no text at all. I personaly never like this at all. I suggest adding text to it, or if you really don't want to do that just make them unfrobbable. Adding text to it adds more story into the map though
                              I'll probably add the text sometime. It seems this is a wanted feature.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                              X