Hello all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all

My PC's motherboard is broken. It crashes every 5 minutes and it's only getting worse.
    Yes
    28.57%
    No
    9.52%
    I'm Megadude
    38.10%
    Remember to keep the poll options short and to the point
    23.81%

I think it's a virus ( sorry :p ) spreading in the netherlands ... breaking all the computers there.
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

hmm weird poll :

How are you doing gentlemen:

answer : Yes ?

Bit weird oh hell i am fine btw

Comment

sorry virus, you got a virus or a worm or any other nasty bug in there?

I'm also fine b the way.
        ------

------"

Comment

Check the temp of your CPU and Mobo, also run your computer in dos and see if you still get the crashes. Could be windows? Dunno
          ~TuF~

Comment

It's not a software problem and we've pretty much rules out anything else. I'll probably be better off getting a new PC, since this one is rather dated.

Comment

Have you tried the failsafe or formatting and re-installing windows?
              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

don't reinstall windows uless you have to. Try sticking you HD in another computer, and trying to boot from that. If it doesn't work, then it's a virus/software problem. If it does work, then you really do have a dead motherboard.

If it boots, it's not the BIOS (which gives me all my problems) so try checking hte system memory and CPU heat. Normal things.

I'm doing juust peachy today, and you? apparently 3 people are named Megadude, though.
                "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

We used the method of elimination to figure out what the problem was. Basically we replaced just about everything in the PC, but the problem persists. I couldn't say how we exactly figured it out, because I'm a computerhardware noob (omg liek rofl), but it's the last possibility left (much like when you lose your keys and they turn up at the last place where you could look).

It sure as hell isn't a software problem. You don't want to know how many times we've had to reinstall windows this week. Allmost twice a day.

Comment

Ach, i know what that's like.

well, www.newegg.com is where i buy all my stuff from. good prices, good service. If you want somehting new, go there.
                    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

According to the votes there are other MegaDudes out there. Spooky.

Comment

Originally posted by !MegaDude!
                        LOL, I saw that.

Comment

Originally posted by !MegaDude!
                          When I grow up, I want to be just like Megadude!

Comment

I'm curious, V12US, is your machine CRASHING every few minutes, or is it spontaneously REBOOTING every few minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                              I'm curious, V12US, is your machine CRASHING every few minutes, or is it spontaneously REBOOTING every few minutes?
                              Crashing... well, windows isn't really crashing, but rather the applications. Like any games, internet explorer and all things like that. The only way to get them to work again is to reboot.

Every so often windows itselfs hangs too, because drivers are getting corrupted.

Comment

Working...
                              X