New members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New members

Did you notice that the members of this forum are now 2 times more than before Alien Swarm came out? (1100 instead of 600)

I just did. And I'm cool.
    Deftones

Aye.
    T'is the Builder's will.
    When thy life is cleft and scorched,
    When death and despair leap at thee,
    Beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate,
    But thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHammer
      Aye.
      T'is the Builder's will.
      That it is.

Comment

Most likely because Alien Swarm is a game with a rather larger interest base. Doesn't look like the type of game with a high learning curve.

Comment

Too many hammers and hammerites and builders here!! ack!

(BTW, Hammeriteguard!?!?! Dude, I've missed seeing you around...were you gone for a long time, or was I just oblivious?)
          Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

dude... yeah...

Well, Alien Swarm is more interesting to people. it seems that most like to see blood and guts, and do not appreciate the finer arts of thievery.
            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by HammeriteGuard
              Doesn't look like the type of game with a high learning curve.
              Looks are quite decieving...
              It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                Too many hammers and hammerites and builders here!! ack!
                When thy life is cleft and scorched,
                When death and despair leap at thee,
                Beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate,
                But thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Comment

After AS was released, I looked at the member count every time I checked the forums. It rose about 30 members every check.
                  <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                    (BTW, Hammeriteguard!?!?! Dude, I've missed seeing you around...were you gone for a long time, or was I just oblivious?)
                    I just was too busy with school and stuff for a long time, I kinda just didn't come around too often. But now with more free time I'm once again around.

Comment

Yeah, the forums have grown a lot since AS were announced and released. We have around 12,000 pageviews a day now, not counting with the website stats.

Comment

It's a good thing, Personally I'm not to keen on alien swarm, I tested it and did enjoy it, but it doesn't 'hold' me, it's a very well made game just not my bag. But the point being that alien swarm players may see "Thievery" and notice it's made by Black Cat and decide to play that too, the same goes for nightblade.
                        ~TuF~

Comment

Well, ist perfectly natural since UT 2004 is still fresh and AS got a major advertising thanks to the contest. But IMO its still a bit early to say if the flood is here to stay although AS is much more mainstream than TUT. (why? why do people want all online games to be simple?).
                          Havent played AS online yet but from what I read its pretty much becoming a l33t vs noob war. Some people want to turn the game more into a Alien FPS killer game and others want to keep the high level of dificulty and tweak just some of the equipment. The fact that I read that some people are already using anti-tk tools isnt very good news to me.
                          Feel the power of the

Comment

Originally posted by HammeriteGuard
                            Doesn't look like the type of game with a high learning curve.
                            Ahem... it's a difficult game, I'd say that gives it a high learning curve.

Originally posted by TheMachine
                            But the point being that alien swarm players may see "Thievery" and notice it's made by Black Cat and decide to play that too, the same goes for nightblade.
                            Yes, I dowloaded Alien Swarm, loved it, found the forums/website, saw the other games and am now eagerly anticipating the release of Nightblade.

Comment

Originally posted by Carth
                              Ahem... it's a difficult game, I'd say that gives it a high learning curve.
                              Yeah, it is a difficult game, but if you can visualise Alien Swarm as a uphill stuggle, then Thievery is like trying to scale a waterfall, The standard of play sometimes on servers, specially when theres a group of guildies on there is extremely high, you should try it one time.

I'm glad you'll be part of nightblade.
                              ~TuF~

Comment

Working...
                              X