Real Life Invisibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Life Invisibility

A friend sent me this article - pretty freaky stuff.

Even freakier when you check out some additional info, including some video footage of it in action.

Originally posted by LaughingRat
    A friend sent me this article - pretty freaky stuff.

Even freakier when you check out some additional info, including some video footage of it in action.
    Ye olde hatte?

Comment

ld: oldhat.

That same inventor has been doing that for 2 years now. It was pretty cool when it first came out, but the BBC update recently was nice: the japanese inventor dude really brought it up a notch. He's apparently had some breakthroughs in the past two years.
      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

WAHT? I knew it! Invisible Japanese everywhere! TO ARMS!
        My leet Thievery Map
        My leet UT3 Map
        My leet AS Map

Comment

wish I was like Jesus...then I could be invisible
          GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

Old hat? Wasn't to me. I'd never heard of it as anything other than concept before.

Comment

I've heard of it and seen a little bit of it, but never the videos.
              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

I never really thought it was that impressive. I mean come on, it needs a projection of the image behind him onto the cloak to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha-Omega
                  I never really thought it was that impressive. I mean come on, it needs a projection of the image behind him onto the cloak to work.
                  I agree. IT looks too bulky at the moment to be used to fool people.
                  GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

When you think about it, most new technologies weren't really practical or impressive. when first developed. Most of you are too young to remember early televisions (hell, most of you don't even remember pre-cable TV days), but they were DAMNED expensive, and you got at most two channels. Same can be said of flight, radio, electricity. The earliest computers took hours to calculate the first dozen prime numbers and were the size of a large room.

Comment

Dude, that is awesome! I'm sure I can use that somewhere to impress little kids and get their money! >
                      Seriously, this stuff is awesome! Like the Predator!

Comment

lol, even *I* have seen that one before.

Pretty nice tho. I want a coat like that for Christmas.

* changes nick to invis|mOdE *

Comment

Nice, though because it depends on a projector some of the implications in that BBC report are bullshit, such as shoplifting uses - it's not exactly portable.

If a version is developed with a material that can receive and emit light, making it a self enclosed system, then I'll get excited

Comment

That's a good point LR. Like Nachimir, I'll be really impressed when they turn it into a self contained system.

Comment

That video was great.

The old hat crap can stop, too - you can all run off at the mouth if it's been posted here before (especially if recently) but otherwise, nobody cares. Don't waste your time and ours.
                              Nightmaster,
                              .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                              - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Working...
                              X