X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High resolution textures for Thief:DS

http://www.graphics-by-john-p.com/te...DS/index.shtml

Screenshot: http://www.graphics-by-john-p.com/te...n-19.06.04.jpg

Really cool stuff ,i've allready downloaded it.
    Last edited by modetwo; 23 Jun 2004, 04:47 AM. Reason: Removed inposted image, to save John P's bandwidth (image was 610 kB)

More importantly is that it replaces the UGLY default frob texture.

Comment

I can't believe the blood spatters look like that...Thats what they look like in the original!
      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

That looks amazing!

Makes you wonder why they weren't there in the first place. Maybe the X-BOX couldn't handle it?

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
          That looks amazing!

Makes you wonder why they weren't there in the first place. Maybe the X-BOX couldn't handle it?
          And people stil try to call it a better gaming machine.

I'm getting these. Right now.

Comment

lovely. I'm getting the PC game today. I'll install, then download the textures.
            GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

I have a better frob texture I made but I am still trying to tweak it, as DirectX corrupts the textures you import :-/ Also the scale of opacity and lightness they use is dodgy - probably about 1/8 out of the 255 lightness possible (30 or abouts is full lightness). Also, because of the corruption, this slightly tints the textures. However, it is not too bad. Some loot textures have a subtle blue highlight still (this is the same in his) because they must use some kind of effect on them, or yet another texture that no one has bothered to track down yet. However, this frob highlight bug is not really annoying at all.

The best way would simply be to take out all the textures and program it so that instead of applying overlay textures, it simply lights up the pixels in the texture to a certain lighness/default lightness or something, like in Thief.

Anyway, mine is an improvement
              These days I find that I can't be bothered,
              To argue with them - well what's the point?
              Better to take you shots and drop down dead.

Comment

Oh yes, and nice to see he's made a blue eyed, non scar version, after I kept annopying him to do so

The new blood splatter looks... worrying though. It looks kind of more like sick but in the colour of blood. Why is it all lumpy? O_o
                These days I find that I can't be bothered,
                To argue with them - well what's the point?
                Better to take you shots and drop down dead.

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                  More importantly is that it replaces the UGLY default frob texture.
                  What, you didn't like all the doors turning blue when you look at them from 10 feet away? :roll:

EDIT: We need the rolleyes smilie back...
                  It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
                    EDIT: We need the rolleyes smilie back...

Comment

Yes, yes, but does it pop in when I say :roll:? I didn't think so...
                      I guess I'll just have to remember to edit every post I try to use it in.
                      It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Not to mention that the current rolleyes smiley makes it appear to be somebody being happy. Nowhere near the same effect as the old roll-eyes.

Comment

Wow! I installed his high-res stuff two weeks ago. Damn, he's still working! Gotta get the latest now!
                          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Working...
                          X