Euro 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro 2004

Ok, we nearly the quarter finals today. Italy is out (lol). I like the English team, they are quite good and especially Rooney rocks.
    We Germans have to win tonight and then we have to play against Svenska.

Some other people watching the Euro?
    Deftones

Originally posted by SeEManN
    Ok, we nearly the quarter finals today. Italy is out (lol). I like the English team, they are quite good and especially Rooney rocks.
    We Germans have to win tonight and then we have to play against Svenska.

Some other people watching the Euro?
    No offense, but the German team doesn't deserve to win. they've played crappy the entire tournament so far. If it weren't for the fact that the referees in the match Netherlands - Cech(?) Republic were biased against the Netherlands in every possible way (two withheld penalties, at least 3 cases of false 'out of bound' flagging, screwing up brilliant attacks, and a red card for a phantom fault (he never even touched him damnit, watch the replay)), the Dutch would've won the match with at least 4 goals on their part, instead of losing 2 to 3.

And seeing as we lost, Germany gets another shot at the quarters. Against the Cech Republic who, since they unfairly won against the Dutch, allready placed themselves for the quarters and will thus be playing this unneccesary match (for them) with the equivalent of a team made of crash test dummies, letting their good players have a well-deserved rest.

Unfair.

Comment

Iآ´m watching the Euro games live here in Costa Rica on local tv for free. Gotta love it. Anyway I do not like Germany because the play dirty.

As for the Refs. There are so many penalties that they missed or where looking the other way. One game two dirty Germans held the Letonian player in the area of penalty and the referee did nothing.

Anyway I was rooting for Italy and Spain but theyآ´re now out. Italy atleast won the damn game and that is what I wanted so Iآ´m happy.(Vs Bulgaria)

Iآ´m going for England because they are cool and I might visit England someday. Oh yeah and Beckham is overrated. Heآ´s good though but there are alot better players than him. Anyway I totally agree on the refs being bad here they showed replays of plays they screwed up on that cost games.

Oh and Rooney absolutely rocks. I heard theyآ´re gonna pay him 100 million dollars to play in a team. Thatآ´s more than any other player even Ronaldo. Can anyone confirm this? Anyway I got to go so take care all and have fun. Oh and go England!

Comment

I've only really seen the loutish side of football, so largely have no time for it unless I'm playing (I find I really don't enjoy watching things I take part in, and do quite enjoy watching things I can't do, such as tennis).

A friend who also doesn't like football invited me out to talk and meet some of his other friends during the first England match. We sat at the back and talked psychology through the whole match, then caught the end.

I found myself in a pub full of agitated, swarthy, burly England fans, and was thinking "Musn't laugh. MUST NOT LAUGH". Anywho, I'm still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by SeEManN
          I like the English team, they are quite good and especially Rooney rocks.
          Of course he does :p

Comment

BOOYASHKA!

Netherlands - Latvia : 3-0
            Germany - Czech Republic: 1-2

Standings- Poule D
            Czech Republic: 9 points - Advances
            Netherlands: 4 points - Advances
            Germany: 2 Points
            Latvia: 1 Point

There is justice in this tournament. germany loses from Czech's B team and The Orange team obliterates Latvia (who had an outstanding keeper by the way ) with a 3-0

Oh God, what a night.

Comment

!&&/%/"($آ°!&$!/!"*****''''##أ¤أ¶#أ¤أ¶2304أ?21!!!

Justice?? #1أ?90123429أ?0101 !!!!!!! F*cksh*tp*ss

Some of those shots were held so goddarn disgusting lucky by that '?#=

Ah screw it - some good games but in the end its not enough - always the same old arse story
              My leet Thievery Map
              My leet UT3 Map
              My leet AS Map

Comment

Originally posted by Schleicher
                !&&/%/"($آ°!&$!/!"*****''''##أ¤أ¶#أ¤أ¶2304أ?21!!!

Justice?? #1أ?90123429أ?0101 !!!!!!! F*cksh*tp*ss

Ah screw it - some good games but in the end its not enough - always the same old arse story
                Seeing as the Netherlands vs. Latvia game was pretty boring (little resistance), the channel sometimes switched to Germany - Czech, which was playing at the very same time, 200 miles to the south. The Germans fought hard, but that last Czech goal was a classic. Bad defense on Germany's part.

Comment

Davids bloody dived and got a penalty. The Bulgarians were play acting and fouling yesterday :-/

Shame Italy is out, they are a good side - the same cannot be said for Germany, they cannot score However that Sweinstieger or whatever his name is, looked good when he came on against Holland.

I hope Holland don't win as they have a lot of cheating, play acting players (eg Van Nistelrooy) and also they don't play as a team and only play for their individual fame. They show apathy in the way that they play and I really don't think they deserve it.

Rooney is good, although he appears to be getting rather overated now - آ£40 million, no way is he worth that. People are forgetting the other players performances. David James has played well for England consitently in this tournament for about the first time ever. Lampards goals were good, but he is forgotten by the public I think Owen is doing OK, he cannot score atm, but is doing a good job of setting up and build up play. He just needs a goal to set him off again. Why is Phil Neville in the squad? Can't he just die or something? He was so crap when he came on, fouling etc - same as usual then.

The only dissapointing thingg about the English game / team is that it is the players that get the most hype get into the team and are played in favour of others. IMHO Scholes is rather crap and Butt is worse. However, years ago they were put in place of McManaman, but now he will not be able to play really, as he is quite old now and his international career is rather over. Shame really, as hee was never really given a chance - had a few games but that's all. He was/(is? dunno how good he is now - he may be past it a bit) a really talented player, and one of our most gifted.

Anyway, it's going pretty well so far.

Just a bit crap how it's all dominated by money these days.
                  We lost our best striker cos we can' afford to pay him آ£5000 a month :-/ appararently, even though he was on آ£12000 last year. I personally think we can afford him but we wanted rid of him cos the board appear to just be trying to make money when they are forced to sell - that's why the sacked the manager for no reason :-/ .Wages are rediculous, but that's the nature of the game.

At this rate we will have no players left, as they all appear to be leaving thick and fast. When we get players, if they become good for us then big clubs poach them off of us - usually for a free transfer or small price. It is getting rediculous.
                  These days I find that I can't be bothered,
                  To argue with them - well what's the point?
                  Better to take you shots and drop down dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Erased
                    I think Owen is doing OK, he cannot score atm, but is doing a good job of setting up and build up play. He just needs a goal to set him off again.
                    I think Owen is doing terribly. Does it seem like he is shorter, slower, and suddenly can't do anything? Maybe that's just me, but he is definitely not doing well. I always feel safer when Vassel comes on instead.

Comment

lol german lost lol

I hate football

Comment

Originally posted by Schleicher
                        I was watching some of those shots, and I'm almost certain some of those players are aimbotting....

Comment

Sweden is doing great so far. I'm actually quite excited about euro 2004. I'm not in to sport usually, but these things tend to be almost everyones concern. At least over here, and I enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by [nt]Leo
                            Sweden is doing great so far. I'm actually quite excited about euro 2004. I'm not in to sport usually, but these things tend to be almost everyones concern. At least over here, and I enjoy it
                            Hehe, we're up against Sweden in the quarter finals.

S'gonna be a great match.

Comment

I love college football (Roll Tide!), but as far as soccer goes...

pffft...
                              Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                              "Dream is Destiny"
                              Waking Life

Comment

Working...
                              X