I was a Teenage Ghoster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was a Teenage Ghoster

Wow... I was in Houston last week, and thought I'd drop by my old high school to say hi to one of my friends who worked on the yearbook and is now serving a summer term for "not exactly graduating". There being nobody in the office at the time, I had just a sneak peek at the school's yearbook, the final revision heading to press.

I wasn't in it. Just like last year, only this time I'm supposed to be a graduating senior...

I didn't know whether to be proud or to puke out of disgust.

"Oh well, at least my friends care, right?" I think to myself. I remembered that most of them run weblogs such as xanga and the like, though I had never checked them before. A brief search turned up a name and I followed it from there.

I was amazed at what I saw... they had their own freakin' weblog ring. I mean, EVERYBODY I knew at my school had one. Every damned one. So I clicked each one in the ring until I found the ones belonging to my closest friends.

Zilch. That was the word that came to mind when I finished skifting through blog after blog, searching, in typical semi-narcissist, self-promoting fashion, for any mention of me.

Normally this wouldn't distress me if they didn't make mention of everybody else who was with them in the events they described...

Perhaps most gut-wrenching of all was noting that my date for Homecoming, and also my date for Prom both made no mention of me. Instead their passages for those dates go on and on about their girlfriends they talked with that night.

After giving up searching today and thus disillusioned, I start this thread...

My bitter, sarcastic side would very much like to say aloud, in the form of this thread, that I am indeed, a true, indoctrinated, and real life ghoster. As for the rest of me, all my other sides are gonna go get abso-fucking-lutely pissheaded drunk, so SNAFU is not here right now... Please try again tomorrow when I'm at least slightly sober...
    TCO – Retired
    Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

SNAFU man...

Lets look at it this way. They didn't mention you in their blog, which noone reads. I don't read it.

The next guy that posts doesn't read it.

At least when you come here, WE read what YOU say. I know more about your friends by what you said than I know about them from reading their blogs because I don't read their blogs.

I *think* that makes you the better man.

Umm. I hope that makes you feel better.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by SNAFU
      Wow... I was in Houston last week, and thought I'd drop by my old high school to say hi to one of my friends who worked on the yearbook and is now serving a summer term for "not exactly graduating". There being nobody in the office at the time, I had just a sneak peek at the school's yearbook, the final revision heading to press.

I wasn't in it. Just like last year, only this time I'm supposed to be a graduating senior...

I didn't know whether to be proud or to puke out of disgust.

"Oh well, at least my friends care, right?" I think to myself. I remembered that most of them run weblogs such as xanga and the like, though I had never checked them before. A brief search turned up a name and I followed it from there.

I was amazed at what I saw... they had their own freakin' weblog ring. I mean, EVERYBODY I knew at my school had one. Every damned one. So I clicked each one in the ring until I found the ones belonging to my closest friends.

Zilch. That was the word that came to mind when I finished skifting through blog after blog, searching, in typical semi-narcissist, self-promoting fashion, for any mention of me.

Normally this wouldn't distress me if they didn't make mention of everybody else who was with them in the events they described...

Perhaps most gut-wrenching of all was noting that my date for Homecoming, and also my date for Prom both made no mention of me. Instead their passages for those dates go on and on about their girlfriends they talked with that night.

After giving up searching today and thus disillusioned, I start this thread...

My bitter, sarcastic side would very much like to say aloud, in the form of this thread, that I am indeed, a true, indoctrinated, and real life ghoster. As for the rest of me, all my other sides are gonna go get abso-fucking-lutely pissheaded drunk, so SNAFU is not here right now... Please try again tomorrow when I'm at least slightly sober...

SNAFU honestly i don't want to be remebered at my high school. i don't want to be written about because that just makes people have opinions about oyu wheather they like you or not. honestly if i were to be remembered i would want to be remembered as the guy who gives advice. nothing more. you'll be fine, BTW my firends have web logs and all they do it talk about thier day and how "emotional" it was for them to sit home and watch tv and talk on the computer.
      I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Too bad friendship, and everything that comes with it, is not that much of a priority in today's society. I recognize myself in your friends, SNAFU... Meaning that I don't really care about mentioning my friends in my journal, or just when I'm talking to someone else about some party I had before. My explanation to this is that I assume these friends will stay that way anyway, whatever happens. That doesn't mean I ignore them...
        JM

Comment

Blog? Thank you Intarweb.

Hihihihihihiomgz
          My leet Thievery Map
          My leet UT3 Map
          My leet AS Map

Comment

Well, often bloggers do not mention specific people by name unless they have some sort of "agreement" or "permission" for it with the person(s), at least this is how I have seen it with the blogs I read. They respect other people's privacy.

Even when my friends would discuss a gaming night at my place in their blog, there would be no mention of me, not even with a vague pseudonym. I think it's quite polite, even if the egocentric me would sometimes like the recognition.
            My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Look on it instead as a victory. These are the thievery forums. You managed to complete high school with no mention of yourself. I would love to be able to do that but I got in to much trouble with the system.
              Originally posted by SNAFU
              There being nobody in the office at the time, I had just a sneak peek at the school's yearbook, the final revision heading to press.
              This quote really shows how good you are, you think nothing of looking at things you are not supposed to be near, let alone left alone with. Still it's your life. If you want to be remembered by you high school and friends that is your descision
              Conformity is the refuge of the unimaginative, the dull and the stupid
              The internet based realm of Decompiler

Comment

Fuck 'em Snafu.

Go get drunk! then IM shug and annoy him!

Lurox, awww, I wub wu.
                ~TuF~

Comment

Fuck ya, I feel better already.

To hell with 'em all. But before I start sending out "Dear Occupant–Fuck you" letters though, I intend to swipe some stuff...Or maybe some blackmail is in order...

All in good taste of course.

But, ah, therein lies the problem. Any good suggestions for a bit of "harmless" venegence? Killing them is not an option of course... they won't learn anything from that...

By "harmless", I mean of course, no KO's or kills.

Discuss.
                  TCO – Retired

Comment

uhhhh..

Are you suggesting you break into their houses and ghost around, steal all their underwear and slip out unoticed?

Excellent idea! Imagine their horror when they wake up and have to go to work with no PANTS!

MAHAHAHAHAHAA!
                    ~TuF~

Comment

You're still drunk, aren't you, SNAFU?

Comment

I think Mach has a very valid and hilarious idea.

However, I do not condone or support it.
                        Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

You take an oven tray or something flat like it and then urinate in it. Then put the whole thing into the freezer. Presto - you have nice flat slabs of frozen urine, perfect to dunk through your unsuspecting target's door mailbox. Preferably on a hot day.

I've always wanted to try this one, too bad I have no quarrels with my neighbours...

(Wait - what's that good taste thing?)
                          My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                            You're still drunk, aren't you, SNAFU?
                            Hung-over, yes.

But if you're suggesting that I might be overreacting a bit, then the answer is "probably". But I didn't really like em all that much anyway. Especially one in particular.

Which is why I think it would be *perfect* to pull a fast one on 'em. Whom would suspect lil' old me?

Besides, I've never had much regard for personal property laws...
                            TCO – Retired

Comment

Bucchus, if you hack it into smaller peices and carry them over in a cooler, it'll melt much faster

Comment

Working...
                              X