Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief 3 - Obsessed much?

Well,
    I bought T: DS about 2 days ago now, man, am I obsessed.

I havn't been able to stop playing.
    Well... I have...
    I havn't played anything else, though.

Sitting in your room, all lights off, all LED lights blue tacked, 3 in the morning, no-one home.

I get so sucked into this game it really is beyond funny.

Man, I end up freaking myself out so much I won't even get up to get a drink because I forgot to leave the light on in the kitchen.

Sad?

Great game though.
    Totally has an orgasim over the demo.

With the patches and tweaks it's very playable, too.

'tis a shame there is no multiplayer though,
    that kinda bites, but hey, the thief series never really has been meant for multiplay anyway.

Thank god for thievery

Speaking of,
    nightblade...c'mon!

MMmmm...

So yeah,
    is anyone else getting sucked into to thief 3 to the point of leaving a knife by your bed *just in case*.

Well... I am.

Great game.

I've just stolen the compendium from the dead captain for the keepers, that mission was very awesum. Mansions are so cool to loot. The hammerites are also way too cool, damn them pagans though. Stupid nature.
    deserve victory

I'm on the last mission, I've been either bored or too drunk to play for the last week. It is a very exciting game, love it. I usually spend one hour a night playing the game. However, ladle, spadle, padle, zadle, yadle..... F*ck my engwish suxxs!?

Comment

Yeah its a great game, I was absorbed straight away, certainly not a forgettable experiance.

Single player games like this are hard to come by, at the moment I'm playing "The Suffering" a fantastic single player game, it's terrorfying but thats what I look for in a game.. the loss of control.

Wait till you get to the Cradle... and wait till you meet an old friend ;-)
      ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
        Yeah its a great game, I was absorbed straight away, certainly not a forgettable experiance.

Single player games like this are hard to come by, at the moment I'm playing "The Suffering" a fantastic single player game, it's terrorfying but thats what I look for in a game.. the loss of control.

OOoooo, I've heard alot of good things about cradle.
        I hope it is as good as I have hyped it up to be
        Too bad I accidently read that the first half or something involves no enemys or things to avoid. I really hope that I somehow forget that, when the time comes.
        deserve victory

Comment

The Shalebridge Cradle is my favorite mission. Really creepy, dark, and you don't know what's waiting for you.
          Quack .

Comment

beast, you miss read something, there are enemies in the cradle.

Comment

I love you BrokenArts.
              deserve victory

Comment

I've had 2 weeks of constant playing ,after that I haven't played it anymore.

Comment

yeah same here. was it me or when you hit the last boss with a water arrow she disappears?
                  I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine

The Suffering wasn't really terrifying except for the first hour or so, before you get to realize what your character really is. The storyline also sucked, IMO.
                    JM

Comment

Yeah the game has kinda descended into an action - blow everything to bits - kinda game at the moment. I'm approaching the asylum now, I'm hoping it will revert back to how the game plays at the start, Undying did that, it went crap then toward the end became excellent again.
                      ~TuF~

Comment

I'm now at the keeper librarys, trying to prove myself innocent about killing Casonda(or...whatever her name is). I am waiting until after dark before I start playing this mission though, it looks too cool

TheMachine,
                        seriously, you can play the entire game running around with the dagger, killing everything you see, looting everything once everyone is dead in the map, and the end.
                        I belive this game is player orientated, play the way you want to play.
                        Me, I prefer playing the part. Sneaking around, being violent to those I dislike, ko'ing any civilian and/or gaurd that saw me or caused me trouble, and the occasional backstab to people I really don't like. Including any pagans.

Woo, I love this game.
                        deserve victory

Comment

Hmm, beast, I tried to avoid killing people in Thief: DS, usually I just blackjacked them. Except the Pagans, who usually got cold steel in their back. Hmm, I don't know why but somehow they annoyed me. Must be something from the first Thief game...

I was kinda wishing that there would be more repercussions (is that the word I'm looking for?) for killing. For instance, there are these posters that display what crimes were committed in the area last night. I was hoping that, for example, more murders would result in more guards patrolling that area. Or tougher guards.
                          My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

That would be good too, Bucchus.
                            It's the little things.
                            deserve victory

Comment

The Cradle :

Oh my god,
                              I have not been scared in a long long time, it's nice to know that I am still capable of that emotion.
                              I could write an entire essay on this mission (hmm...) but I think I'll just highlight some moments.

1) The door in the attic. I seriously, stood there, unable to blink, staring at the door, shock still, listening to the "bang bang bang bang" on the door. I just couldn't move. When it stopped, I opened the door, nothing, I wasn't even going to go in the attic. "Surely there must be more loot downstairs!"

2) The girls shadow, there is something very disturbing about that.

3) The girl talking. Is it just me, or did anyone else freeze, and reach for the reset button whenever she talked. Holy crap.

4) Seeing one of the patients for the first time, that was scarey.

5) Killing one of the zombie patients with a knife, only to find out several seconds later that stepping near them resulted in them SCREAMING AND CHASING YOU IN THE MOST FUCKING FREAKIEST ANIMATION I HAVE EVER SEEN. I woke up my dad with my "HOLY SHIT!!!!!!! *pant pant pant*"

6) Hitting esc and loading the last save whenever one of the zombies started chasing me. Did it by instinct, EVERY TIME.

7) and finnaly, going back in time. Those guys are freaky man. Whenever they saw me, esc, load game.

In my opinion, the community didn't hype this mission up enough!

I still havn't finnished it yet.
                              2 in the morning, surround headphones, volume up way too loud.
                              I just couldn't make myself want to continue playing, too scared, I'll play again tonight, with the lights out, the volume up, the old man asleep.

I'd just like to compliment the level designer for this one. IMO probably the most atmospheric, creepy and mentally disturbing mission ever. It's a work of genius, so hats off to whoever made this one up

In conclusion.
                              The Cradle is something I'm not going to forget.
                              I havn't been so scared (by a game) since undying.
                              I want to conitnue playing now, in daylight, so I wont have to change my underware every 20 minutes. But, since this type of game isn't going to come along again very soon, I'll wait untill at least midnight.

I'm used to the dark... but this feels like a house with bad dreams.
                              Last edited by beast; 1 Jul 2004, 10:38 PM.
                              deserve victory

Comment

Working...
                              X