Interesting day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting day

Two interesting/unusual things happened today...

1) Was on sort of work experiencey thing this week at a hospital. Today I was looking at some head and neck cancer patients. One lady was brought to a joint discussion meeting and she had a BCC (about) which was about 15 cm^2 and roughly circular. The bone was gone and you could see the meninges (like membranes that cover the brain) the hole size of the cancer. The cancer covered her forehead and right eye and part of the nose. It was red and raw and pretty hardcore. The lady had had it for about 30 years and had kept working until recently. She got by by brushing her hair over it. Deadset you shouldn't have a huge hole in your forehead and almost see your own brain in the mirror every morning lol!

2) Was in gym with only a couple of other guys near closing time tonight. A dozen cops walk in! Um... Being retarded I loudly asked "Do you think we've got steroids in here?" to them. There was some lanky Lebanese guy there and they arrested him. I apologised for being a smart arse to one of the cops before I left. When I went out I saw a couple of other guys who were maybe giving statements to the police upstairs. More details to come in a few days..
    Night of the Werewolves II
    HarryPotterwars
    A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Deadset you shouldn't have a huge hole in your forehead and almost see your own brain in the mirror every morning
    Maybe I should get this checked out then...

Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Convict
      Deadset you shouldn't have a huge hole in your forehead and almost see your own brain in the mirror every morning lol!

I wish i could: then i'd know it existed...
      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
        I wish i could: then i'd know it existed...
        Don't worry Rad, the rest of us question whether you have one too.

Comment

This is a bit gross so read this if you are willing and over 16/18

The cops came for the Lebanese guy because he bashed a gay male in the gym toilets. I heard part of the story (I'm not going to post any more on it) but the 2 gay males were getting it on in the public toilets! That is so wrong but then again so is gay bashing.
          HarryPotterwars

Comment

That is so wrong
            Hmm, because they were both males or because they were having public sex? I hope you meant the latter one.

If they were sharing a toilet booth, I don't see how that could be hurting anyone... Stuff like that happens all the time during rock concerts and club nights and people hardly even notice. Anyway, if someone was offended, the way to solve that situation isn't violence.
            Last edited by Bucchus; 5 Jul 2004, 09:40 AM. Reason: typos
            My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucchus
              Hmm, because they were both males or because they were having public sex? I hope you meant the latter one.

If they were sharing a toilet booth, I don't see how that could be hurting anyone... Stuff like that happens all the time during rock concerts and club nights and people hardly even notice. Anyway, if someone was offended, the way to solve that situation isn't violence.
              Well I saw what you originally said and no I said gay bashing was wrong.

What they do in private is ok by me but public toilets - NO!
              HarryPotterwars

Comment

What they do in private is ok by me but public toilets - NO!
                But it's OK if heterosexuals do it?

Comment

I think people should be able to have sex wherever and whenever they want too...
                  Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                  "Dream is Destiny"
                  Waking Life

Comment

Mind if I bring a woman over to your place and use your bed, Curu? We'll be needing it most of the day, too.

Don't bother coming home that night, either.
                    Nightmaster,
                    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                    - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                      But it's OK if heterosexuals do it?
                      Yes I was thinking of the hypocrisy that would be. Yes I admit I am grossed out by what happened and although hypocritical I would be less so if it was hetero (yes I realise this would make me a hypocrite). Heteros shouldn't have sex in public toilets either.
                      HarryPotterwars

Comment

*pokes head in thread*

Interesting day, eh?

*leaves
                        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Go ahead Shug, but please, wash the sheets when you're done...
                          Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                          "Dream is Destiny"
                          Waking Life

Comment

They'll be too busy having sex elsewhere to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                              I think people should be able to have sex wherever and whenever they want too...
                              Wouldn't that rather destroy the fun of it, if it weren't verboten somewhere?

Comment

Working...
                              X