God Damn Cds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God Damn Cds!

After finally buying a copy of UT2004 so i can give alien swarm a whirl i found to my horror that i had accidentally bought the CD version 6CDS!!!! OMG this takes the piss its like evil 20 floppy disks for games all over again! Does anyone else agree its time they made auto cd changers? or am i just being lazy?
    I apear to be badly wounded........

Yes it has 6 CD's. It's not that hard, do it. Get it done, not that bad.

Comment

But its such an annoyance i could be spending this time playing it easyly takes twice as long to install as the dvd version beacuse i start complaining on fourms instead of changing cds

Comment

There is a saving grace, there is a patch, that lets you play withOUT adding the CD all the time, it's great.

Comment

Last game I had that needed 6 CD's was Tex Murphy...actually, that was only 5 CD's.
          Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Im not bothered about that i crakc all my games its just changing cd five times during install takes the piss if all games had 6 cds my cd rom would ware out in like a week :| Also just to take the piss i accidentally downloaded the linux version of alien swarm in my drunken state
            EDIT: i've now downloaded the linux version twice..... i think the alien swarm website hates me

Comment

Don't need to crack it just d/l the latest patch and your good to go.

Hint: less time complaining about it on forums and more time spent
              changing the cd's you'd be done by now.

it really doesn't take all that long it installed fairly quick for me.

Comment

Hell, in the time spent complaining here, you probably could have exchanged it for the DVD version.

Comment

Move to europe! See the lovely moose! And get dvd version of UT2k4

Comment

The UK is in Europe, and we get the DVD version here

Comment

Let's all talk about games with way too many CDs!

Wizardry 8...3 CDs. Why?

Police Quest: SWAT...4 CDs. WHY?!

Morrowind...1 CD. ?!?

Comment

Are there any games with more than 6. I like changeing out game
                        cd's. Gives me something to do in anticipation of playing a new game.

Comment

I don't see what the problem is with the UT2004 6 cd version. I've installed it once, it's a small pain to swap the cd's once and after that, I haven't needed them out of the box. Thanks to that patch which removes the cd check. So after the installation process, it matters not which version you have.
                          My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

The X-Files had 7 CDs, and those had to be swapped whenever you changed location, e.g. moving from the crime seen back to your office, which you had to do a lot. So much CD changing You've got it easy with UT2004.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucchus
                              I don't see what the problem is with the UT2004 6 cd version. I've installed it once, it's a small pain to swap the cd's once and after that, I haven't needed them out of the box. Thanks to that patch which removes the cd check. So after the installation process, it matters not which version you have.
                              I think your missing the point ... I'm lazy

DVD version = dvd in drive... install .... Play game

CD version = CD1 in drive ... Bing Next cd.... Bing next cd.... bing next cd.... and so on

Comment

Working...
                              X