20.00%
    ok
    35.00%
    a moron
    25.00%
    Who?
    20.00%
    Deftones

He's not a genius and he's not a moron, so I didn't have much choice.

Comment

he's not a moron
      Oh.

I should've read that fact first before voting I guess
      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Carth
        He's not a genius and he's not a moron, so I didn't have much choice.
        On the contrary, I'd say he's both.

Comment

I want an "He's got a good cause but lacks good taste in bringing that point out" or some option like that.

By good taste I don't mean that it's a bad thing to touch taboo stuff, but that "Bowling for Columbine" could've been even better without the "obligatory tear-eyed people" and other over-emotional stuff. That makes the document somewhat fall down to the level of the stuff he's fighting against. The facts do not necessarily need the drama to get the points said (unless it's specifically aimed towards people who can't concentrate hard enough to watch documentaries).
          My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucchus
            The facts do not necessarily need the drama to get the points said (unless it's specifically aimed towards people who can't concentrate hard enough to watch documentaries).
            Unfortunately, that seems to be the majority of human beings.

Comment

Moore is being extremely clever at the moment.

For example, the guy who runs moorewatch.com posted a link to a site which had a bootlegged version of Fahrenheit 9/11 for download. The idea behind this was to deprive Moore of revenue by allowing people to watch it without paying (following MPAA ideology, perversely) and to show Moore up as a hypocritical greedy capitalist because at Cannes he had said that he was ok with non-commercial copying and sharing of art, including his own, but now that this right-wing site was stealing his money, he'd get angry and reveal his true colours! You know, because he's Moore and lives in NY in a nice apartment, he's a hypocrite and just manipulating the public for his own good. As well as being a nasty liberal progandist in the service of bin Laden.

A couple of days later:

Michael Moore:
              “I don’t agree with the copyright laws and I don’t have a problem with people downloading the movie and sharing it with people as long as they’re not trying to make a profit off my labour. I would oppose that,â€‌

“I do well enough already and I made this film because I want the world, to change. The more people who see it the better, so I’m happy this is happening.â€‌
              Needless to say, Hollywood moguls were not pleased and the "steal f911 for great justice" movement is quietly forgotten.

In case you're wondering, my position on copyright and other intellectual property (what a notion!) can be best summarised here:

http://www.wumingfoundation.com/engl...digest11b.html

Ciao!
              Red Guard
              Thievery UT

Comment

lol I didnt know him....
                "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

OMFG!

I almost got busted for breaking copyright laws.

fortunately, i was legally using the "intellectual property". I owned the game i was pirating.

But NOOO, they couldn't ask if i had it first. I owned UT, but the CD got cracked. that's all! I even stillhave the pieces to prove it.
                  "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Anyone who is making an effort to show up the idiocy of the current US Administration is OK in my books, but maybe not really a genius. He is just good at what he does
                    Yenz: "It's only murder if they say stop"
                    Mono's wife: "What if they are mute?"
                    Yenz: "There are internationally recognized hand signals for 'stop killing me you bastard!'"

Comment

*struggles not to get involved*

*still struggling*

*leaves thread for the last time*
                      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                        *struggles not to get involved*
                        No join the Dark Side Luuuuke.....
                        Yenz: "There are internationally recognized hand signals for 'stop killing me you bastard!'"

Comment

Originally posted by monolithAU
                          No join the Dark Side Luuuuke.....
                          You want him to join the side of the current US administration?

Comment

I'm already on that side.

Argh, wtf am I doing here again.

You guys are all my friends and politics will just shred us to pieces...I'm NOT coming here again! This time I mean it.
                            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                              I'm already on that side.

Argh, wtf am I doing here again.

You guys are all my friends and politics will just shred us to pieces...I'm NOT coming here again! This time I mean it.
                              I wouldn't be too concerned - I have a number of good friends who have almost diametrically opposed political viewpoints to me. Doesn't mean we don't argue about it sometimes, but our other common interests and friendship is strong enough to overcome this.

Comment

Working...
                              X