internet in the sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet in the sticks

Littlek is moving to the land of no cable and so she is losing her precious high speed internet in about a month. So what do you all suggest other than 56K dial up? I was told satellite was lousy for gaming. What about Verizon DSL or SBC/Yahoo? I am not sure if I can even get those out where the gene pool is ankle deep. Seriously, the people out there are very.....interesting.
    formerly littlek

Originally posted by littlek
    Seriously, the people out there are very.....interesting.
    Look out for banjo players
    Yenz: "It's only murder if they say stop"
    Mono's wife: "What if they are mute?"
    Yenz: "There are internationally recognized hand signals for 'stop killing me you bastard!'"

Comment

May I ask where you're headed?

I lived in some way-out places, but that was before I was on the internet at all, so I can't help ya there.
      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Garlisk, we bought a home in the middle of 100 acres of woods. We own only 10 acres of it though. I live in a rural part of N Indiana.
        formerly littlek

Comment

Oh dear.
          Got any paper cups?
          deserve victory

Comment

Check out BroadbandReports. They have a handy search function to find broadband internet availability for your zip code. You may be SOL...
            No Linux, No Choice.
            Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Originally posted by LeatherMan
              Check out BroadbandReports. They have a handy search function to find broadband internet availability for your zip code. You may be SOL...
              Dang, I just told her about that in the server. Good job LM.

Comment

North indianna? I love that area! so nice, so peaceful...

Well, it seems your best bet is to look through Broadband Reports. You jsut might get lucky.

Too bad no cable, T1, or optical lines...
                "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by littlek
                  Garlisk, we bought a home in the middle of 100 acres of woods.
                  I think the real question isn't WHERE you're moving, but WHY? Why to someplace so... unconnected, both to the net, and to reality?

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    I think the real question isn't WHERE you're moving, but WHY? Why to someplace so... unconnected, both to the net, and to reality?
                    Because the daily bore of working, going home, earn money, spend money, etc etc isn't the ideal dream for some people? If I could choose i'd go somewhere without many people too. And yes, i'm young ... so what?

Anyways LittleK, good luck is all I can say. I know nothing about cable / 56k / whatever in the usa
                    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

But that's because you'd move to the Land Of No People Only Iguanas (TM).

Comment

Thanks for the info LM and GA.

As to why I am moving to the land of isolation....Well, I spent my early childhood on a farm but finished it in Columbus Ohio. I just never liked the city life even with all its advantages. This place is very serene, lots of wildlife and the house is gorgeous. Cape cod with a wrap around porch and deck. I can sit in our future hot tub nude and not worry about gossipy neighbors plus I have access to all 100 acres of woods to ride my horses through. The new place has a barn and fenced paddock but I will be keeping my horses at the other farm I own. No plans of selling that since it is nearly paid for and earns me money. So perfection will be attained when I figure out how to keep playing Thievery. I am not letting you taffers have all the fun.
                        formerly littlek

Comment

Oh god, next thing you know, you'll be riding your horses nude.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenArts
                            Do you have problems with that?
                            On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenArts
                              LOL! hmmm....littlek considers.....naw. Horse sweat and horse hair in private places would not be pleasant.
                              formerly littlek

Comment

Working...
                              X