Running away from home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running away from home.

Anyone here ever ran away from home for even a few days or a night or so? How did it turn out and what were your reasons? I am asking mostly because i am seriously thinking of just running away for a few days, being totally fed up with my parents and the way they act and treat me.
    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Ok, apply the same situation, but with suicide instead.

That MY question, you can answer with his...thanks.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

dee pee you can live with me!! we'll have so much fun together, rubbing eachohter shoulder, going to the beach and rubbing lotion all over eachohters body. what do you say, are you in?
      I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Originally posted by HomeSkillet
        dee pee you can live with me!! we'll have so much fun together, rubbing eachohter shoulder, going to the beach and rubbing lotion all over eachohters body. what do you say, are you in?
        You might be better off staying home.... :roll:

Comment

DP...I don't know how old you are or what your parents are doing but if they are merely trying to make sure you act responsibly then just tough it out and appreciate attentive parents. I am living with an 18 year old and he thinks that he knows everything. It is a tough time for everyone involved. You know your boundaries or you should and so you need to respect that. If you feel that the rules set by your parents are unrealistic, then discuss it with them and see if a compromise can be agreed upon. Just don't get into a yelling match and stomp off angry. Let us know how you are doing but DON"T take off. It is a dangerous world out there.
          formerly littlek

Comment

Deeps, I rather suspect that your parents are beginning to treat you like crap because:
            a) you spend too much time on the computer in their eyes
            b) you aren't doing so well at school (are you? I don't know for sure)
            c) you don't really seem to have it together in terms of a job but you seem to be able to scrape together money for going to see the same band live twice, and such. No doubt that isn't scoring the points in their view either.

Basically you need to prove to them that you do have things under control - pretty rough for some 16, 17 year olds but the rewards will be well worth it. You'll have to start putting more effort into assessment and such - something that I never did in 12 years of school and am only just now starting to try in 2nd year of uni. More work? Bugger that - but in the end, the leisure that you get will be that much more pleasant cos you aren't going to have your parents on your back all the time.
            Your parents' perceptions will not change overnight. You're going to have to do a little groundwork, THEN lay it on the table and present the rest of your evidence and plans.
            Nightmaster,
            .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
            - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Don't run away from home.

Punch holes in walls and give them death threats instead.
              Then demand higher allowence
              deserve victory

Comment

thanks for the help but i talked a little and worked some stuff through.
                i am turning 18 in 4 months so i really don't care...i can wait that long once i'm 18 i'll let them know whats going on but i will make sure they realize i'm not a kid anymore. shug, my grades at school aren't bad at all, last year i got a 4.33 gpa, my job situation does suck right now since i did quit but i'm going in for a 2nd interview at a place tomorrow morning. i guess the problem arises from them being over protective, which is understandable, but i personally can't deal with it and the crap they put me through. i need a break but i can get one on my own time without getting to cops involved and search parties strolling the streets with torches. it's just the way they act that bothers me. they contradict themselves and can't put any logical reasons behind any of their decisions. whatever i can deal it out. hopefully i'll get a job soon enough to pass the time faster and save up some cash for an apartment, maybe split the rent with some friends (haha i can picture the place already- chaos).
                http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

DP, if you think it is tough living with people who love you (and there is such thing as "tough love"), how do you think it will be living with people that don't? Your parents have a lot more experience in life than you do and I highly doubt that their goal is for you to be miserable.

Originally posted by Garlisk
                  Ok, apply the same situation, but with suicide instead.

That MY question, you can answer with his...thanks.
                  Ok, now what prompted that? Nothing is worth taking your own life. If you really need to talk about something, PM me.
                  No Linux, No Choice.
                  Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Perhaps it's different over there but here the older somebody is, generally the wiser they are thought of. At the age of 18 you think you know everything, it's not till later in life that you realise you knew nothing...

..Unless your pereants are seriously derranged, I.E they molest you or something really screwy like that it's doubtful they are intentionally making you unhappy, Like LM says. They probably want the best for you, and your best bet is just to perhaps sit down and talk with them, ask thier advice (They LOVE THIS!) about stuff like work, make a bit of an effort to do what they ask (Obviously you need some time to do what YOU want, but you may have to compramise with the amount of time you spend doing it).

Garlisk, I think the thought of sucide has come into every teenagers head at some point to some degree, only a few carry it through, at at that time in life there is massive pressure to succeed and achieve.. sadly only after that point do you realise that it what you achieve is not related to how happy you can be.

As with LM, I have an anti-sucide chip and can talk you out of it via PM :-p
                    Last edited by Machine; 7 Jul 2004, 04:29 AM. Reason: I'm a dumbass
                    ~TuF~

Comment

I've never run away from home, no matter how many fights I've had with my parents. And now I'm a little too old to run away, doubt it would have any effect, hehe.

Can't you instead move out to your own apartment? Go into college? How old are you again?

Comment

Ok, now what prompted that? Nothing is worth taking your own life. If you really need to talk about something, PM me.
                        I've been a bit depressed lately, but nothing that serious. It was mainly a paradox joke, which I guess is a bit twisted and not at all obvious. DP was asking for help from people that had already run away. So the same question, with suicide...
                        Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Oh! i see! you mean it as a joke, because if any of us had committed suicide, we wouldn't be able to tell you anyway. I see.

DP, i've run away from home for about 18 hours. REally, i was in a tree in the backyard watching as my parents workedtogether to find me. My situation was entirely diferent from yours: my parents were treating each other like crap, not us kids.

Well, it worked. They didn't yell at each other for a week (which is somethign amazing). Besides. The looks on their faces when i waltzed right in and grabbed some pop tarts was priceless!
                          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                            It was mainly a paradox joke, which I guess is a bit twisted and not at all obvious.
                            No Linux, No Choice.
                            Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

If you think your gonna be better running away from home, then think again! Just look at the people you see living on the streets, is it really gonna be better there than at home?
                              All americans suck donkey balls except for you!

Comment

Working...
                              X