Doom 3 soon to be released...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom 3 soon to be released...

I guess the latest gossip is Doom 3, although not officially confirmed, is slated for release this August or fall.

is anyone excited for this game?
    GLORY TO THE MANY!

In other news.. Playstation 3 will be playable at E3 2005. Also probably the Nintendo codenamed Revolution and the Xbox 2.

Comment

I do remember playing the first doom (or a demo version of it) back in 1st grade. Heh heh, those hairy monsters with the spikes were scary and the invisible pink bulls just made me want to run forever. I'm looking foward to seeing Doom3 come out!

Comment

Doom 3. The most hyped release after Half-Life 2...
        Even if you dont like it how can you miss it?
        Feel the power of the

Comment

I'll be getting it for sure.
          ~TuF~

Comment

Im not quite sure id buy it. The old "Run and Gun" grew quite old for me - sure sometimes i say : "screw those brainiac games, i wanna shoot something brutally" ( ), but for that the old Doom and custom wads are more than enough. If its just the old Doom Keysearch/Switchpressing with new graphics then im not interested. If im supposed to lay my hands on this it better has the best action of the century
            My leet Thievery Map
            My leet UT3 Map
            My leet AS Map

Comment

lets see what doom 3 has to offer:

graphics: awesome
              the letdown: all releases have good graphics, after a while it doesn't phase you how good graphics are, many games with good graphics have crappy gameplay, uber-high system requirements much of the time

sound: Trent Reznor's doing it. 'nuff said.

story: sounds like total crap, even worse than other game plots.

game length: average the developers have said in interviews....you can beat it in a weekend very likely

multiplayer: 4 player max, DM, TDM, Last man standing....anyone else getting deja vu?
              GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

Originally posted by godofdarklaughter
                ....anyone else getting deja vu?
                Not really. I find most of the time I'm experiencing vuja de instead.

Comment

the letdown: all releases have good graphics, after a while it doesn't phase you how good graphics are, many games with good graphics have crappy gameplay, uber-high system requirements much of the time

game length: average the developers have said in interviews....you can beat it in a weekend very likely

multiplayer: 4 player max, DM, TDM, Last man standing....anyone else getting deja vu?
                  This begs me to change my signature.

Comment

yeah, I don't understand the purpose of the "gaming industry" press like gamespot and ign except to totally hype games out of proportion and to give screenshots and videos to people who aren't patient enough to wait for the game to come out. Maybe if developers weren't under such pressure from gaming press, as the press says the game will be awesome, the developer will release it ASAP in order to capitalize on the gaming press hyping it to bits. Then they release games too early, and then u have bug-laden monsters.
                    GLORY TO THE MANY!

Comment

yeah, I don't understand the purpose of the "gaming industry" press like gamespot and ign except to totally hype games out of proportion and to give screenshots and videos to people who aren't patient enough to wait for the game to come out. Maybe if developers weren't under such pressure from gaming press, as the press says the game will be awesome, the developer will release it ASAP in order to capitalize on the gaming press hyping it to bits. Then they release games too early, and then u have bug-laden monsters.
                      It's not press hype.

It's not fan hype.

It's greedy CEOs, who want their ivory backscratchers RIGHT NOW.

Comment

If I want great graphics with DM.TDM and lastman standing
                        I'll go get UT2004 with the added gametypes Onslaught and assault.
                        Plus UT2004 has good gameplay.
                        added bonus I already have it. and think I'll go play it.
                        Not gonna waste my money on Doom3 but ya'll go right on ahead.

Wanna know what game I'm looking forward too?
                        Nightblade! hint.. hint.. devs.

Comment

I'm not sure if you meant it this way, but this is how I see it:

If only the musics are by Trent, that's good. That's his area of expertise. I still listen to the Quake soundtrack as it is a good album just on it's own.

But: If the sounds are also made by him, that has the possibility of sucking ass. Remember Quake's sounds? To partially quote a classic review, while in Doom the shotgun said BOOM and the zombie said EAEAAARRGH!, in Quake the shotgun went "poof" and the zombie "splortch".
                          My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                            It's not press hype.

It's not fan hype.

It's greedy CEOs, who want their ivory backscratchers RIGHT NOW.
                            So, I take that to mean all video game CEO's have Ivory backscratchers?
                            Is there something inherent in producing video games that makes your
                            back itchy?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostly apparition
                              So, I take that to mean all video game CEO's have Ivory backscratchers?
                              Is there something inherent in producing video games that makes your
                              back itchy?
                              It's the journey man, not the destination. The fact that you have one, even though you do not use it makes it worth having.

Comment

Working...
                              X