UnRealED Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UnRealED Question.

Hear me out - this doesn't need to be moved as it's a general Q, not a TUT or NB specific one.

I just want to know how different Thievery UnRealED (which I got with Thievery) and the UT2004 Ed are.

I've been messing with Thievery UnRealEd and was wondering if it is a good way to learn in preaparation for NB and vanilla UnRealEd(2k4) mapping. I plan to get UT2004 soon - would it be better for me to with that editor?

I have found that at the very least, the basic features of UED to be similar to that of UED2 (UT2003) and UED3(UT2004).

Comment

acatually Thieveryed is a version of UED2, and UED 3 is for 2k3, UED 4 is for 2k4

yes, it's useful to learn UED2, but not necessary. You'll find it harder to adapt to your new environment than if you learned the same basics there.
      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Yes, quite similar. Although there are some new concepts and changes you'll need to learn.

And UED2 is for UT classic, UED3 is for both 2k3 and 2k4
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

But considering how buggy UnrealEd 1 was I guess it basically counts for nothing.
          Feel the power of the

Comment

Nobody had mentioned Unreal yet, so I left it out of the list...

Comment

Great. I will continue the exploration then. Shame I haven't played Thief 3 yet, as I have some ideas for Thievery maps but do not want ot end up aping T3. Just experimentation for now then. . .

Comment

Yes, the interface is very similar. There is quite a big difference in how you approach detail though. In UT99 UEd, you do most of your architecture with brushes. In UT2k3/4 you basically just carve our big cubes and then apply the detail with static meshes. Making static meshes is the tricky part, you'll need to learn Max/Maya/Lightwave/Milkshape.

Comment

And they decided that Key0 for a mover is "Open," which I still don't understand...

Comment

Working...
                  X