Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inter...net?

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.p...heinternet.wmv

Wow, that looks interesting. I may have to look into this interenet.

Comment

Hehe. Its funny looking back on something like that.

Yes, where can I find this..."internet"?
      (AKA Dresden)
      Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

You can get "internet" on CD now, right?
        Immortius' Forge

Comment

They have the internet on computers now?! -Homer Simpson
          Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

"no cursing"
            give it a month, mister.

well, i htought it... nostalgic.. to hear the dial-up tone, and be able to see as people type individual letters becauseth net was so slow.
            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

The video article primarilly focused on Newsgroups, the other half of "the Internet" that, believe it or not, most people don't even know exists! Most people only know of "the web", or "http://www." Check out Newsgroups. It's huge, and full of awesome stuff (especially Binarys ).
              "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Suprisingly, when I was in 2nd grade my friends had no idea what the internet was! O_O;

Comment

"What is the internet?"
                  "Unfortuanetly no one can be told what the internet is... You'll have to see it for yourself."

Comment

I hate to say this, but for something that was supposed to be humour it rather missed the spot.

Probably could have been categorized somewhat more appropriately
                    Nightmaster,
                    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                    - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Yeah.. I got board too....
                      ~TuF~

Comment

I always find it really interesting to see old perspectives on things. Thanks Alpha-Omega.

I found the part about how mature and civilised it all was especially interesting. Maybe people who were paying $200 per year for a very slow dialup that yielded text only genuinely cared about it and didn't just treat it as another convenience.

Comment

Originally posted by Nachimir
                          I always find it really interesting to see old perspectives on things. Thanks Alpha-Omega.

I found the part about how mature and civilised it all was especially interesting. Maybe people who were paying $200 per year for a very slow dialup that yielded text only genuinely cared about it and didn't just treat it as another convenience.
                          200 a year = 16$ a month. That's Canadian dollars.

I'd say the cost hasn't changed all that much. I think that need of technical-knowhow was more prevailant in those days. Now you've got Windows, and Buck-A-Day...

Comment

I still don't get it.

Comment

At the shop I work at, heaps of people ask me if they "should bring in the screen or just the modem". It's hard to explain that the large beige box isn't just a modem...

Comment

Working...
                              X