Packin my bags to Paragon City..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packin my bags to Paragon City..

Remember back when I said City of Heroes was the shiznit?

Quote from Gamespot.
    "City of Heroes has had one of the most successful launches in massively-multiplayer history, with over 100,000 subscribers signing on within the first two weeks after the game hit the shelves. Its appeal isn't difficult to comprehend, as it features a world based on comic book mythology, complete with a powerful character generator and no-nonsense, all-action gameplay. It's not a stretch to call City of Heroes the MMO game for people who hate MMO games."

Gamespy.com sales ratio for the week has listed it as #1

On to my point. Anyone else going to be playing this gem? I know most of you won't because of the 15$ but there's good news. I won't be here much.
    Last edited by Un5t0pp4b1e; 27 Jul 2004, 05:21 PM.

All > MMORPG

Comment

Hmm, haven't heard of it until now.

I guess the 15$ is pèr month for playing online? Oh well. I haven't even tried Anarchy Online yet. Don't think I will either, would spend too much time playing online I guess.

Anyway, people - let's not turn this into another flaming thread. Ok?

Comment

Correct 15$ a month. First month free. Subscription includes free monthly comic book in the mail and free upgrades. First update has been finished for example.(Check it at cityofheroes.com)

Second update will have capes. Target release date is Sept/October 2004. City of villains expansion(next year), will add pvp to the game.

Here's a review:
        http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/cityofheroes/review.html

On a final note. It's a dream to anyone who ever has wanted to create their own super hero. The sky is the limit literally. You can fly, jump like hulk, or run like flash. Teleport too.

Comment

Originally posted by Un5t0pp4b1e
          I'll be gone for good.
          If I had a nickel for every time you'd said that...
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Changed it cuz you know I tend to post sometimes.

Comment

Looks like GTA-SIMS combo to me...

[EDIT] Wait a minute... it is more look like this to me... After you see the trailers, you will know why [/EDIT]
              Last edited by tank hunter; 27 Jul 2004, 05:38 PM.
              I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

I'm leaving too. Bye everyone.
                (AKA Dresden)
                Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

I'm back.
                  (AKA Dresden)
                  Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

GuildWars > City of Heroes

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
                      GuildWars > City of Heroes
                      Wrong.

GuildWars > All. Except for Night-blade. And TuT. And Alien Swarm. And *Mobbed by GW fanatics*. Okies, I think that's enough. GuildWars > Almost all.

Comment

World of Warcraft > City of Heros!!!
                        "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                          Wrong.

GuildWars > All. Except for Night-blade. And TuT. And Alien Swarm. And *Mobbed by GW fanatics*. Okies, I think that's enough. GuildWars > Almost all.
                          Okay, I can toast to that. TUT has been the only FPS game that has kept my interest, and STILL has me learning new tricks, tactics, and skillz for a year and a half. Alien Swarm doth roxxor as well (though I can't say it's kept my interest for over a year, you see ) and I expect NightBlade will roxxor too.

Everything else I've given up after a few months at most. Counter-Strike, Quake 3-Navy Seals, Natural Selection, Enemy Territory...all dropped.

Comment

City of Heroes > dirt.

what else?
                            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Un5t0pp4b1e
                              On a final note. It's a dream to anyone who ever has wanted to create their own super hero. The sky is the limit literally. You can fly, jump like hulk, or run like flash. Teleport too.
                              Well, Freedom Force did all that in 2002. Of course, it wasn't a MMORPG, rather a single player campaign light-rpg with multiplayer deathmatches. But still...
                              My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Working...
                              X