Archery and Other Contests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archery and Other Contests?

After reading through the HOF thread, I thought it might be cool if we had contests, sort of like TOD, or Turfwars, but in an every-man-for-himself type match, where things are split into various parts of the game.

Such as:

Archery Contest: Use the map archery, each person gets one shot, see where you hit the target from the bleachers, and see who is closest to the bullseye (Just an example, other stuff for moving targets and whatnot could be done as well).
    Or, See how many AI of a given map you can kill without dying, and then the next person tries...etc, etc, until one person ends up winning.

Ghosting Contest: Pick a map, ghost through it, and an AI is alert (leaves his path to search, or hunches over like they do) you're out, and the next guy tries.

DMing Contest: Grab your sword and see how many AI you can kill! After you die, the next guy tries, etc, etc, until one person (in their one life) has more kills than the rest.

Loot Grabbing Contests: Get ALL the loot from a given map in the least amount of time to win.

Just an idea for you folks out there. We could have record holders and such for any of these contests, and noone would have to meet up to do this. You'd just need (reliable) witnesses that you performed said task. That way timezones and such wouldn't matter!
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

I think the 'gold rush', awhile back, is also an idea for these sorts of contests. The problem was getting reliable proof of your accomplishment if I recall.
    .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
      After reading through the HOF thread, I thought it might be cool if we had contests, sort of like TOD, or Turfwars, but in an every-man-for-himself type match, where things are split into various parts of the game.
      Who says that things like these aren't already being done on private servers?

Comment

The problem was getting reliable proof of your accomplishment if I recall.
        I think you would need to say you were going to try to beat a certain contest, and have 2 spectators that can be trusted there when you do it.
        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

You could also just make a demo of it.
          Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

How do you make a demo?
            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

use the demorec command

i like this! i might try the ghosting and lootgrabbing. Ghosting soudns a challenge.
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Make a non advertised and non dedicated server. Type 'demorec MyDemo' in the console. Play. When the game is over, or when you want to stop the demo, type 'stopdemo' in the console. When you want to replay your demo later, type 'demoplay MyDemo'. If the Unreal Tournament HUD is in your way, then press the '-' minus sign a few times. If you want the HUD back, press the '+' plus sign.
                The HUD is useful because it you can see a players score and HP. The only problem with demoing this way is that you cannot tell how much loot you have picked up. Make a demo in single player instead if you want this option.

Comment

Single player is not the same as multi, even in a lone server

You need some type of regular server, since anyone can make a server with any settings they like, when they want to try this.
                  How TuF are you?
                  League of Legends
                  Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

another way for an archery tournament would be something like Th-Keeps' target. On it if you hit the bullseye you open up a doorway to the secret areas. (just a hidden push switch over the bullseye) if you made a target with several of these and with a bit of coding you could probably make a map where all players start with 0 points, and for each different button hit the players score increases. Best score is obviously the winner of the archery tournament. This i'd imagine would involve someone to code it
                    [E.D.G]Chief

Comment

No coding at all. You get a trophy that awards objective points to one who would pick it up. With a little well-planned architecture, i could easily make such a shooting range.

Just ask, and you'll have an archery map.
                      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

I'm askin'.
                        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Working...
                        X