Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when is using the blackjack considered DM'ing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • when is using the blackjack considered DM'ing?

    I was playing thievery this morning, v12, mad gerbil a few others
    ok, I was thief playing grange i come up the eerie starwell
    to the west wing i believe it is. I enter the door caltrops all over the place. am paralyzed but manage to find a shdow area in the
    hallway. 2 guards swords out looking for me but am still not able
    to move much. Here comes gerbil and he puts his back to me.
    Now at this point I KO him, figuring one less guard to deal with.
    Then he comes back and says I'm dm'ing.
    I was under the impression that the blackjack was put in the
    game for a reason. Also anyone who's ever played with me knows
    i rarely ever have more than 3 KO's in a game, and i didn't this
    time.
    Is it DM'ing to use the blackjack or is it DM'ing whenever you
    happen to KO mad gerbil?
    He feels free to firebolt the floor to set himself on fire then
    wander around looking for thieves.
    which happened earlier, i was in the shadows,He did not see
    me but firespams then wanders into my area setting me aflame.
    Is this fair? seems to me thats no better than the BJ whore thieves he complains about. I have no problems with guards
    using firebolts if they see a thief. NOTE if they see him.

    your thoughts?

  • #2
    Ghostly,

    You are free to play the game anyway you wish. You are hardly what I'd call a BJ whore. You seem to use limited BJ's which is fine by me. (I think you have a nice balance between ghosting and KO's, imho)

    However, it is my policy when I get BJ'd to switch from my default loadout (which has no firebolts) to an all firebolt loadout. It typically only takes one KO for me to make that switch.

    For me, a DM'd game is one KO of da Mad_Gerbil. After that I'll rain down hellfire and brimstone on every freakin' shadow until all the shadow dwelling bastards are dead.

    Whether or not I firespam is entirely up to the thieves.

    8)
    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

    Comment


    • #3
      DM (dee emm) v. DM-ed, DM-ing, DM-er, DMs
      1. To win by elimination of the entire guard team instead of by objectives. The thieves won that round by DM 2. To get an excesive number of KOs and/or kills in a single round. Yenzaril is a DMer, he never goes for objectives 3. To KO or kill Mad_Gerbil. Mad_Gerbil was knocked out by Thief <Mad_Gerbil> DM THIEF!

      (Note that this is an attempt at humor)
      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
        Ghostly

        However, it is my policy when I get BJ'd to switch from my default loadout (which has no firebolts) to an all firebolt loadout. It typically only takes one KO for me to make that switch.

        For me, a DM'd game is one KO of da Mad_Gerbil. After that I'll rain down hellfire and brimstone on every freakin' shadow until all the shadow dwelling bastards are dead.

        Whether or not I firespam is entirely up to the thieves.

        8)
        Fair enough I've been known to switch to all firebolts when
        a thief gets to me.
        I was just taking exception to your leaving saying you had
        enough of the DM'ing. I rarely DM. In most cases am just
        not as good as some other thieves with the BJ.
        in other words when i try to DM it, I usually get the sharp
        edge of a guards sword.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DarkBill
          DM (dee emm) v. DM-ed, DM-ing, DM-er, DMs
          1. To win by elimination of the entire guard team instead of by objectives. The thieves won that round by DM 2. To get an excesive number of KOs and/or kills in a single round. Yenzaril is a DMer, he never goes for objectives 3. To KO or kill Mad_Gerbil. Mad_Gerbil was knocked out by Thief <Mad_Gerbil> DM THIEF!

          (Note that this is an attempt at humor)
          Actually i think that is the actual definition of DM thieveing
          it should be put in the thievery dictionary.

          Comment


          • #6
            Ghostly:

            I ended up leaving today NOT because of you and the games we had but because of [PL]Kris and [PL]Bandit who are about two of the biggest unrepentent BJ whores in the game. After I saw what they were doing after they joined I decided to leave. Although you were the last to BJ me when I left it wasn't you at all, we had serveral good games before the real life whores showed up.

            Nothing to do with you, mate.

            We had some good games today and I like to see you in there. I hope to have more games with you in the future when [PL] sludge isn't around.

            "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

            Comment


            • #7
              In short, if Gerbil gets KO'd even once, it's DM'ing, and he gets pissed about it. Thieves shouldn't be allowed to take out a guard at all in Gerb's book, particularly if it's him.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LaughingRat
                In short, if Gerbil gets KO'd even once, it's DM'ing, and he gets pissed about it. Thieves shouldn't be allowed to take out a guard at all in Gerb's book, particularly if it's him.
                LaughingRat got it right.
                "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                  Originally posted by LaughingRat
                  In short, if Gerbil gets KO'd even once, it's DM'ing, and he gets pissed about it. Thieves shouldn't be allowed to take out a guard at all in Gerb's book, particularly if it's him.
                  LaughingRat got it right.
                  I always assumed that was the rule somehow.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                    Ghostly:

                    I ended up leaving today NOT because of you and the games we had but because of [PL]Kris and [PL]Bandit who are about two of the biggest unrepentent BJ whores in the game. After I saw what they were doing after they joined I decided to leave. Although you were the last to BJ me when I left it wasn't you at all, we had serveral good games before the real life whores showed up.

                    Nothing to do with you, mate.

                    We had some good games today and I like to see you in there. I hope to have more games with you in the future when [PL] sludge isn't around.

                    Fair enough, i'm glad it wasn't me you were pissed at
                    as i always have fun games with you. unless like you said
                    the bj whores show up. as a thief i always want to win by obj
                    not by killing or Ko'ing all the guards. It cheapens the win in my
                    book.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ghostly apparition
                      when is using the blackjack considered DM'ing?
                      When you press the number 2... :roll:
                      CTG

                      Rhymin & Stealin

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MrEricSir
                        I always assumed that was the rule somehow.
                        It's less a matter of always being right than of not saying anything when you're wrong.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          wrong or right, in this instance it was a bit of miscommunication
                          between gerbil and I. What I percieved was his reason
                          and what was truly the reason he left

                          it can happen when the only communication you have ingame
                          is a small chatbox.

                          by the way LR , do you do any work while you're at work
                          seems you do a whole lotta posting on the forums during work
                          hours. Maybe like me you're self employed.
                          Also know its none of my business.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ghostly apparition
                            wrong or right, in this instance it was a bit of miscommunication
                            between gerbil and I. What I percieved was his reason
                            and what was truly the reason he left

                            it can happen when the only communication you have ingame
                            is a small chatbox.
                            Misunderstanding is the bugaboo of online communication.

                            Originally posted by Ghostly apparition
                            by the way LR , do you do any work while you're at work
                            seems you do a whole lotta posting on the forums during work
                            hours. Maybe like me you're self employed.
                            Also know its none of my business.
                            No, I'm not skilled enough at anything to be self-employed. Instead, I work for the government.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LaughingRat
                              No, I'm not skilled enough at anything to be self-employed. Instead, I work for the government.
                              Hence where all the free time comes from....


                              Funny, how that works the same in Canada, as the US..
                              CTG

                              Rhymin & Stealin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X