This is why I play Thievery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why I play Thievery

Well tonight, I was going over the list of servers, and ShadowThorns, house of waffles server intriqued me. I was hungry at the time, so I joined. :grin: He was helping a friend of his, a n00b, learn the game. We were on Gerome, and it was great, giving him tips, on how to play. T Man would ask questions, and the game continued. I wish it was like this more often. Just the ease of helping others, it should be like this more often.

Then eventually spider came around. It was Salvage, Poe, T Man and myself as Thieves. Slappy, ShadowThorn, Kewlazme, and Apache as guards. Slowly the guards and thieves dewindled downward. Sal almost had the loot and the grail a couple of times. I was the last thief left. Tonight I kept watching, would stay and watch the activity, sure sometimes I was gonna die. At one point, I was in the vents, and was able to moss the trops by the vents. But went back out, and down the vent. I waited, and waited. I spotted Slappy running around, and ST came running out the apartment doors. I stayed back, and watched. As soon as slappy went on the opposite side of the apartments, I made my move, the doors were open, and I ran in. Snagged what loot I needed, met the objective. I went back to the vent I had mossed, and I *THOUGHT* I drank an invisi when I ran in. I was in the room hiding with 4 guards. I won't say where. Ha. I noticed I still had the invisi left, which I found BTW. :wink: I sat there again for a minute, thinking, OK MOVE, drank the invisi, jumped down, snagged the grail, got it, and went out the vent, dropped down, and out I went. Hands shaking like you wouldn't believe. Climbing the ladder, on the other side, in full light, Slappy, I believe tagged me. COME ON, COME ON!! I ran down the ramp, jumped off the ledge, and into the exit. Thieves win. I have never done that against 4 guards, it was awesome. Games like that, hands shaking like crazy, LOVE IT. But the thing, I like the most, it was a group of friendly, laid back people, just wanting to have a good time, and we did. We all played great. Thanks for the fun guys.

it was a pleasure to watch BA! and a great game

Comment

it was great, giving him tips, on how to play. T Man would ask questions, and the game continued. I wish it was like this more often. Just the ease of helping others, it should be like this more often.
      I think this is why we have guilds-we help each other out, you can share map tips and tricks etc etc etc . So come join [E.D.G] and......... :grin:
      [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

NOOOOOOOoooooooooo BA....

Yer supposed to BJ whore everything in sight and then tell them they are a bunch of worthless noobies!

OMG, YER PLAYING IT WRONG.
        "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

BrokenArts is already in CTG, foo!

Yeah, BA, the games I prefer are the ones where I'm the only thief left with plenty of time, plenty of guards left, and no objectives completed. My hands are sooo shaking, my heart is pumping hard... lol. The best moment I had was in Folly. OOoohhh yeah...

To increase the stress in those situations, try ghosting.
          JM

Comment

Yer supposed to BJ whore everything in sight and then tell them they are a bunch of worthless noobies!
            yup especially if it's a gerbil
            [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Great playing BA!

I just love those kind of games.

Comment

those games are the best, except for waiting for the thief to make a move. i love chasing thieves to the exit with my crossbow :lol:
                This is my cool sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox

To increase the stress in those situations, try ghosting.
                  I only had 4 KO's. At the end, more than a few times, guards ran right past me. I just stayed put. :wink: I didn't feel like confronting them. And it worked. No use of any weapons either, had a crack and 15 broadheads left, and was down to less than half health, So, I did ghost at the end.

OH MY GOD! I am doing it wrong? Oh Sheeeeiit. Would someone teach me to do it the wrong way, er I mean the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by poe
                    it was a pleasure to watch BA! and a great game
                    Em-hu, really?

Comment

Map = Spiders
                      Location = Apartment w/ Grail
                      What happens where Guards get bored of camping an objective.
                      I was taking the pics of the others goofing around and none of us even noticed BA steal the Grail until it was to late. I didn't even notice I had gotten her in the screen shot until after I had exited the game and sent them to her to see.

Comment

That blue spider is confused about its sexuality. At first its interested in the guard orgy, and then its not.
                        (AKA Dresden)
                        Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Some sweet rat romantics in the background as well

Rat1: Ohhh, your eyes are like lakes by nightfall...
                          Rat2: Really? That's sooo sweet
                          Rat1: Yess, they're cold, murky... and they smell like dead fishies.
                          Rat2:
                          >:[

Comment

Ay, the n00b helping games are fun.
                            I remember...*screen ripples*
                            I don't remember who it was, but his name clearly indicated he was a newbie. Anyway, it was him and me on flats. He thief, me guard. At this point I figured I had two choises.
                            1. Own his ass! or
                            2. Help him.
                            Since owning a n00b is pretty boring in the long run I decided to go with 2. I showed him around the map, told him where he could get loot, positioned AI's so he could BJ them so we don't get interupted, etc...

Wait a min... Acctually, I entered a while before that on the server. He was the lone thief on Korman. (No guards) He was rather lost, so as a rat I showed him around and explained the ruby spawns and so on... Then came flats!

Comment

Actually that screenie of me running, was running *INTO* the room, you guys never noticed! Well.....I never....oh wait. To my advantage. Damn too bad I didn't get in on the fun, oh well. I ran out the other way, into the vent to win. Well I guess truth comes out, they were too busy doing something else, didn't care about the lonely thief in there with them, *sniff* *sniff*. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X