Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which class typically communicates more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad_Gerbil
    replied
    Hoya!

Leave a comment:

• DarkBill
    replied
    I think that the result of this is fairly conclusive. Gerbil, I think you can consider your point made. Naysayers, take a quick look at the numbers in that poll.

Leave a comment:

• [RLF]Kore (V)acLoed
    replied
    Depends on the people. If you are talking general people on a public server it's guards.

However there are several people that play as a thief and use very good communication and teamwork. And I'm not talking about teamwork to KO. One person that surprised me in this aspect is CrouchingDork. From a guard's prospective I always thought he was a DMer/Rusher, like me. But if you play on the thief team with him you will quickly see what a team player he is. At the started of every map he lets the team know where he is heading. And through out the game he communicates what is needed, and when to finish looting.

Leave a comment:

• Mad_Gerbil
    replied
    Originally posted by Tisfulakistakagela
    both sides
    Sorry, wrong answer.
    I'm gonna have yer big bro beat up on ya now.

Leave a comment:

• Tisfulakistakagela
    replied
    both sides

Leave a comment:

• Stakhanov
    replied
    Which class typically communicates more ?
    Isn't it obvious ? The rats... :|

Leave a comment:

• Mad_Gerbil
    replied
    Originally posted by Entropy
    Hmm, could it be because there is more competition between thieves, and more cooperation between guards? Thieves want to get more loot, objectives, etc, than the other thieves, but guards just want to stop the thieves from winning - most kills etc coming second?
    Interesting theory.

I know that we have some "unusual" guards in the RLF. What I mean is people like Judge who will often go an entire game without a single kill because of some insane desire to spend 40 minutes camping a single spot.

Although a team player like this doesn't often get credit, they are the very reason why people like Kore can run around the map flare scanning every corner.

When these various interests and personal goals mesh, it makes for some awesome teamwork.

Leave a comment:

• Mog
    replied
    Class=ThieveryMod.ThieveryPPawn

[ I voted for Guards ]

Leave a comment:

• Mr.K.
    replied
    Mhh, i don't feel any more competitive as a thief. Actually, given that thieves win less often, i really feel more a part of the team. Silent team, but i really seek to help out in any way i can if possible, and don't really care about final stats. Anyways, feeling competitive about personal score in a team game is IMO lame and sad. This doesn't go just to thievery, goes too to any kind of computer or real life game. The team is what matters. The team wins or the team loses. You are nothing without the team! BUT TOGHETHER WE ARE GONNA BEAT THEIR BABY ARSES AND TEACH 'EM WHO'S THE BOSS IN THIS PLAYFIELD!

WHAT ARE WE???

"A team"

WHAT ARE WE???

"A team!!!"

WHAT ARE WE???

"A TEAM, SIR!!!!"

NOW GO OUT THERE AND KICK SOME BUTT!!!

Oh, got carried away.

Leave a comment:

• Entropy
    replied
    Hmm, could it be because there is more competition between thieves, and more cooperation between guards? Thieves want to get more loot, objectives, etc, than the other thieves, but guards just want to stop the thieves from winning - most kills etc coming second?

Leave a comment:

• Mr.K.
    replied
    Originally posted by Ghostly apparition
    how about some communication on maps like spiders where its
    better to let other thieves know which obj you're goign for.
    example: I've got the switches, or I'm going for the apts.
    It would help then if thieves would let others know.

Or Korman. who's going for which ruby? who's getting the gate key etc.
    I feel this is basic communication and a must in maps with objectives, and i do it as well (and others usually do too, in the times i play, which is mostly regulars from here). But besides this, the typical "i'm in!" in Spiders and the cases i mentioned above, there's not much chatter between thieves. ("Got the key" is also quite popular :grin. It is quite different from guards, where you have to set up the AI's, traps, chest, check who's defending what and if they are actually there... It's just different.

SNAFU: Never said thieves don't need to communicate at all. I said that usually single guard encounters are irrelevant compared to what single thief encounters mean to guards, which is probably 70% of the talk between guards. The situation you talked about is quite unsual, and of course very profitable for being reported . Happens the same when for example, you make a mistake and all the human guards are chasing or looking for you. If you can manage to warn your comrades, they know they only have AI's to deal with, which despite being wonderfully programmed, can't compare to human guards. Or when you get the lyre in Nostalgia (or check a spawn and it's not there). You just report 'cause that's big and phat. But there aren't many big and phat thing to report as a thief, besides initial set-up (and many times, not even that).

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    replied
    Originally posted by LaughingRat
    Originally posted by SNAFU
    Read this little thread. I think you might like it...

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=50827
    Ah, see, I was referring to this post of yours.
    Doesn't matter. Both of them are examples of how... SNAFU'ed I can be.

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied

Ah, see, I was referring to this post of yours.

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    replied
    Originally posted by LaughingRat
    I have noted that thieves that communicate, even just a little bit, tend to win MUCH more often.
    Does shouting "BANZAI" qualify as communication for thieves?

Leave a comment:

• MrEricSir
    replied
    Neither side seems to listen. It really pisses me off when someone says they need help, and nobody comes.

I do understand that there is a language barrier for some of the players, and I try to respect that but it can really drive a person nuts sometimes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X