• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KewlAzMe's Appology to the TUT Community

(taken from This Thread)

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
    Originally posted by CrouchingDork
    Kewlazme = Kewlameazz.

I'm not gonna laugh at anything a cheater says.
    Eek, I must have been too grumpy.

An explanation of what you did or apology is something I have yet to seen though.
    Actually I had quite the appology and admitted to the entire thing and explained my actions fully. Moderators deleted the message because i may have posted it in a Server Admin only area.. but ok.. i can go run my own server and call myself an admin.. and post it? whats the point. Topics such as cheating need to have their own thread made for them in General discussion to be responded to. So I will repost my appology here:

(read Grank's post first here (scroll to bottom), then read my response)

There are 30 caltrops in that picture.. 24 were mine.. I was looking thru some UT and Thievery files and came across something and was trying out some things. I wont mention how i did it, since we don't want this to become mainstreamed... but Im sure the smart admins can figure it out. So I upped the amount of Caltrops i could buy because I never really saw a purpose of limiting them to only 6. So I tried it out for a about a week and didn't see any real benefit to having that many since they cause such little damage. A few of you wondered how i got so many caltrops but never seemed to make a big deal out of it, so I figured it was not that critical, and it was just fun to see that many on the ground... So without thinking it was that big of a deal (obviously), I threw them down in front of Grank. He promptly corrected me in a strong way.

I do admit that I did make a game modification, I won't deny it but I want to appologize to all of you that may have suffered do to the changes during that week. I can't take it back and I won't appeal it as I was caught and must deal with my punishment. So I will not be on the crackaz server for the a little while... But I want you all to know that I have removed the modification as it didn't change much as far as giving guards a better chance, and I don't want to abuse the relationship I have with any other members of the TUT community. Once again I do appologize to all of you, and give thanks to Grank for setting me straight.
    (LR, you need NOT re-post your previous response to this message.)

I don't expect you all to just get over this or think that it's all ok now that I've said this, but I just want to get my appology out to all of you and let you know that I have corrected my mistake.

-KewlAzMe-

Too late, my friend.
    JM

Comment

Too late? lol you've already seen the appology Lurox.

Comment

THANK YOU.

Sorry I said that again, must've been 4:30 a.m. lol.
        The only constant is change.
        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

See? I told you it was cheating, and I know very well how to do it. But I thought you said that you didn't edit any files? I guess that threw me off. Maybe I just "heard" you wrong, so to speak.

Comment

I've "tried some things out", too, that would be considered cheating. I've always done it for the purpose of testing, though, and NEVER on a public server, in an actual game. Extremely poor judgement there.

Comment

I'm supprised, call me stupid but I had no idea that u could edit the game!! LoL shows u how much I know! Its cool of u to apologize kewl, ure still total kewlness in my book, but seriously I wish everyone wouldn't "edit" the game at all. Whats so harda bout leaving the game alone and playing it how it is so that everyone can have fun and no one have an advantage? Now I'm kinda wondering who else out there is "editing" the game so they can have an advantage.... :?
              !i>A High IQ Doesn't Make Up For A Lack Of Common Sence<i!

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
                Too late, my friend.
                Right... I would feel SO MUCH BETTER if he didn't tell us this and just kept on doing it behind our backs... :roll: At least then, he accepts who he is, right? Yeah... but for the love of Pete, don't tell us you've cheated, 'cause then we'll KNOW you're a cheater, and will always hate you... :roll:

Give the man a break... he even ADMITTED it, cleanly, and PUBLICLY. Don't hang honest men; they don't admit things because they want to be tarred and feathered.
                TCO – Retired
                Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

The crackaz server offers permanent bans to cheaters.

That's why I said that. It's too late already.
                  JM

Comment

MrEricSir - yea.. i know u know how, i remember that convo ingame.

LaughingRat - Yes I will agree...bad judgement call, however you can't really test against AI since there are no AI thieves. But I could have asked some people to partake in the testing with me, but it would have been biased as soon as any caltrop was stepped on, even if it was not mine. (much more beneficial than your previous post btw)

Snafu - I didn't come out and say i was cheating.. Grank confronted me with it and made the post for all to read. I am appologizing for my actions.

Lurox - in this world of technology, we all know nothing is permanent.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                      Snafu - I didn't come out and say i was cheating.. Grank confronted me with it and made the post for all to read. I am appologizing for my actions.
                      ...And you could have instead ardently denied any accusations he made and gotten off the hook, based on lack of hard evidence, and nobody would want to press the issue futhur.

I just don't think it's fair to hang yourself on a hook, and let the rest of the world rain down on you for something you could have gotten away with, if you hadn't been so damn well honest when confronted about it. That's all.
                      TCO – Retired
                      Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Kewl:

It's refreshing to have a cheater apologize intead of denying he did anything wrong and then subsequently tearing the community and his guild to pieces.

Although you may never be allowed on the Crackaz server again you are certainly on the right track.

"A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Originally posted by SNAFU
                          Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                          ...And you could have instead ardently denied any accusations he made and gotten off the hook, based on lack of hard evidence, and nobody would want to press the issue futhur.

I just don't think it's fair to hang yourself on a hook, and let the rest of the world rain down on you for something you could have gotten away with, if you hadn't been so damn well honest when confronted about it. That's all.
                          LoL snafu.. it wasn't just somebody who caught me... it was Grank! He admins the server. He has picture of trops.. Now there is no hard proof that they are my trops since They dont have my name on them.. but under the circumstances he has more credibility in TUT than I do, especially being a server admin. The ban is real, and unless Grank has a habit of falsely accusing people of cheating. And in this case I did do it, whether or not you like it, I admit to it.

Comment

Kewl, your a great player and I hope crackaz reconsiders after a month or two. Anyways I know what you did was all in good fun, not ment to be a hardcore cheater

Even if you cant get into Crackaz, your welcome in ShadowThorns Den of Waffles anytime

Comment

I think he did the right thing. He may be banned permenantly fron our server however when I see him on another server I won't consider him a lying cheating bastard worth avoiding. He still has what respect he had with me.
                              "They say we cleaned out the royal treasury, and took the kings wedding ring off his finger as he slept!" "That must have taken an entire team of our best sneaks." "I heard it was lieutenant Jarvis." "Impossible!"
                              -Two unknown CTG probies

Comment

Working...
                              X