Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why this project is doomed... DOOMED I say!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why this project is doomed... DOOMED I say!

Ok, maybe "doomed" is a little melodramatic. The problem I'm discussing here is not isolated to one clan or one server. It happens on all of them. Let me start with an example:

I just started playing this game a few weeks ago. Well I learned a neat little trick where I could use barrels to block a door. Now I was on the CTG server and I didn't block all the doors, just one. Well, some weenie, we'll call him CrouchingPussy cause he was no tiger, didn't like my strategy. So he immediately starts mouthing off and then kickbans me when I mouthed back. I've seen that little dork hide goal objects under bodies before.

Another time, someone else called a vote to kick me for using my blackjack on two guards. Kicking me for blackjacking? I realize some of you purest do the "ghosting" thing but come on!

This game has become the worst of the self-imposed "high road" morality games I've ever seen on the net. Here, there's barrels you can move... but don't use them to block. Here's a firearrow, but don't shoot thieves with it. Here's a blackjack, but if you're a thief, you'd better not hit a guard with it. Oh yeah, and if you're a guard don't camp near the stuff you're guarding.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?

The game is called THIEVERY! Not PRIESTLY. Not SAINTLY. Not GHOSTY. Thieves steal. Thieves kill. Guards...... GUARD!

Like I said before, maybe the game will go on for a little while but with only a few servers out there, if every newbie connecting gets bombarded with a crap sack of morality the retension rate is going to be very low. Maybe that sounds cool to some of you nerds that develop "special" bonds in small groups called clans (A.K.A. clicks) but a movement doesn't live long if it can't sustain its base of users. Overall I like the game and hate to see such a dumbass culture developing around it.

SO... to you CrouchingPussies out there.... enjoy you're ADMIN power. Its the only power you'll ever have in your pathetic and small life. I'd probably enjoy the well crafted comeback replies this will surely get but I think I'm going to try a new game. One that I can commit horrid acts of evil without little boys telling their mommies on me. Or maybe I'll just startup my own server where there are no rules except the ones put in by the developers.

:twisted:
    TwistedZed

Maybe that sounds cool to some of you nerds that develop "special" bonds in small groups called clans (A.K.A. clicks)
    click ( P ) Pronunciation Key (klk)
    n.
    A brief, sharp sound: the click of a door latch.
    A mechanical device, such as a pawl, that snaps into position.
    Computer Science. An instance of pressing down and releasing a button on a pointing device, such as a mouse.
    Linguistics. Any of various implosive stops, such as that of English tsk, produced by raising the back of the tongue to make contact with the palate and simultaneously closing the lips or touching the teeth or alveolar ridge with the tip and sides of the tongue, and found as phonemic consonants especially in the Khoisan and some Bantu languages. Also called suction stop.

clique ( P ) Pronunciation Key (klk, klk)
    n.
    A small exclusive group of friends or associates.

Comment

I kinda doubt you would get kicked for using a BJ on a guard...unless you were on a server that has a "don't BJ the guards" rule.

Did you cross the line when you "mouthed back" to the CTG member? You know what that line is, and simple whining isn't it. If so, that deserves a kick as per the rules.

I don't have a problem with crate/whatever stacking, but it is rather annoying to run into as a thief. Again, its annoying but not against the rules.

Lots of different play styles came together when TUT was formed. There are gonna be a LOT of whiners. Big deal. Most of them do it just to blow off some steam because they realise that their playing habits are flawed.

I have been playing this game for about as long as you have, and I have only seen ONE banning (no kicks) while I have been online for cheating. I find that following the simple rules on the servers goes a long way to keep me from getting banned.

Kiech
      Kiech

Comment

Not all of the rules are written in the TUT manual. Like any game , thievery has abuses. Theses abuses can ruin this fantastic game so they're banworthy reasons sometimes.

People whine when they don't like a specific tactic and think it's unfair. It's always debatable , unless it falls under the bug exploiting section , meaning kick or ban.

Comment

First off, it was me. Second off, tell the story RIGHT.

We have logs you know, and once Grank gets at them we'll give proof.

(this was breakout)

First off, you used 2 barrels to COMPLETELY block a door, making it impossible to get through there. I'm not sure if you blocked the only other entrance, but if you did, even worse. There was no way of breaking/moving the barrels, so ya, I get mad when you pretty much make it impossible for me to get in, since the other door was locked and the keys were gone.

I told you not to do that, and we quarrelled a bit, but I didn't do anything wrong, nor insult you. You, on the other hand, called me a pussy. I told you not to, and that you would be kicked, you do it again. I give you a final warning, "Twisted shouts: Pussy."

Kicked.

You come back in, I tell you don't do it again or you'll be banned. I wonder what he says.

"Twisted shouts: Pussy"
          "Twisted left the game"

(he leaves by himself, not me banning him)

Funny thing is, you call me the pussy, but run away before you get your ban.

5 minutes later....

"Merkui0 enters the game"

"Hi Merk. Can you say, BUSTED? I sure can."

I'm not dumb, I remember IP's.

He left. That's what happened, logs are on the way.

*Edit*

Just because you "can" do it, can I edit my caltrop number? Or reach through a wall to grab some loot? NO.
          The only constant is change.
          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

I take CrouchingPussy's word for it! :lol:

and littletwisty, you are teh prime example of the type of noobs we WANT and LOVE to ban so our community won't become doomed...if we didn't ban asslicker like you then we would have a pretty bad community....
            http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
            -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
            -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
            -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Kudoes to CD.
              Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

CrouchingDork:

It is considered legal game play to block entrances and exits with barrels.

The LEAD DEVELOPER has said is a design feature.

Now this doesn't mean this guy mouthing off to you on the Crackaz server is okay, but maybe him being upset for a legal tactic is understandable?
                "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                  Kudoes to CD.
                  it's CP
                  get it right! :wink:

really....who should i believe.. CD who has been with us forever or a flaming noob who compliments people for cheating
                  http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                  -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                  -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                  -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Gerb, it's legal play to do that with normal barrels. These were special barrels that were impossible to break or move, unlike normal ones. With one, it would work out, but two made it impossible. I tell him not to and that I'd look into it, but nothing would be done... yet. He calls me a pussy. I give him 2 more warnings. What do you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkProject
                      really....who should i believe.. CD who has been with us forever or a flaming noob who compliments people for cheating
                      Thank you, but you can believe the logs, once we get them.

8)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                        Gerb, it's legal play to do that with normal barrels. These were special barrels that were impossible to break or move, unlike normal ones. With one, it would work out, but two made it impossible. I tell him not to and that I'd look into it, but nothing would be done... yet. He calls me a pussy. I give him 2 more warnings. What do you expect?
                        I've never seen that distinction made by anyone except you.

I could see if both exits were blocked, but blocking one of two this way isn't a problem in my book. I could see requesting a change to the map in 1.3 but it certainly isn't bannable imho.
                        "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                          CrouchingDork:

Now this doesn't mean this guy mouthing off to you on the Crackaz server is okay, but maybe him being upset for a legal tactic is understandable?
                          I'm gonna go with Dork on this one, Gerb. I don't think it's a designed in feature. One of the things Hardee documented on his previous site was that a specific ThObject, a barrel, could be moved, once. Once it was moved, it couldn't be moved again. He brought this up in his map-specific laming section, for Breakout specifically, mentioning that map's chokepoints, and that blocking them with barrels was a good way to rage other players, because it made the map unwinnable. That falls into the category of "uncounterable tactic" in my book.

Interestingly enough, our friend twisted and his friends Thugtanian and The King are from the UK. How's things over there, guys?

Comment

Heh.

Burn.

BTW, those are the barrels you're talking about, moveable once.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                              Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                              CrouchingDork:

I'm gonna go with Dork on this one, Gerb. I don't think it's a designed in feature. One of the things Hardee documented on his previous site was that a specific ThObject, a barrel, could be moved, once. Once it was moved, it couldn't be moved again. He brought this up in his map-specific laming section, for Breakout specifically, mentioning that map's chokepoints, and that blocking them with barrels was a good way to rage other players, because it made the map unwinnable. That falls into the category of "uncounterable tactic" in my book.

Interestingly enough, our friend twisted and his friends Thugtanian and The King are from the UK. How's things over there, guys?

Thank you, that bit of information is all that is required.
                              I'm not for tactics which have no counter.

BTW, King and others seem to frequent the server.
                              I'm playing with Thug and King right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X