• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [E.D.G]Chief
    replied
    yeah no respect for linux 8)

most people I know call it a wussy man's linux
    I prefer to know it as Newbie's Linux tho admittedly my first ever linux OS i used was RedHat 5.2 :lol:

Leave a comment:

• DarkBill
    replied
    Man, desecrating a linux thread. Go away, foo.

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous
    replied
    I AM IMMORTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Leave a comment:

• [E.D.G]Chief
    replied
    ok now im awake (posted my thread at 1:30am :wink: ) I got the gfx drivers to run - games look gr8 (ut2k3,tuxracer,tut,ut etc) weird thing is in WINE tut and ut will only run in software mode and D3D (no more see though walls) but will not run in OGL-and thief 2 doesnt like the graphics drivers ) oh well under wine I get a brilliant 10FPS in Thievery :lol: and that "demo" looks more like someone fiddling with the paint brush in ms paint :roll:

Thanks LeatherMan- now then anyone using Linux who has managed to get Freeserve Anytime to work...... 8)

Leave a comment:

• LeatherMan
    replied
    Originally posted by [E.D.G
    Chief]:lol: it was the configuring of XFree that led to the downfall of Linux I rpinted off the read me file to make sure I did it right- but I think i kinda did something bad cos I lost start level 5 and then XServer went down for good-oh well-thx for the advice- are you sure that's ALL I have to change? (since 4 installs I ask again to make sure :wink: )
    No, that is not all. The README should help. One other note though: after you install the drivers, enter modprobe nvidia or insmod nvidia at the command prompt.

I must say, that screenshot looks pretty good compared to my Linux comp. I recorded a demo a while back and had Salvage edit it for me. I was playing with RicknMel (Mel is Rick's wife). Have a look: Demo (converted to GIF) <<<< Exactly what I see when I play Thievery on Linux ....

Leave a comment:

• [E.D.G]Chief
    replied
    :lol: it was the configuring of XFree that led to the downfall of Linux I rpinted off the read me file to make sure I did it right- but I think i kinda did something bad cos I lost start level 5 and then XServer went down for good-oh well-thx for the advice- are you sure that's ALL I have to change? (since 4 installs I ask again to make sure :wink: )

Leave a comment:

• LeatherMan
    replied
    Chief]yup DB-now all I need to do is figure out how to install the NVIDIA drivers without them corrupting Mandrake 8.2 (4 linux installs in 2 days thx to them :roll: ) 8)
    Oh man, please, read the README NVIDIA provides. They have all the help you should need. :wink:

(One note, after installing, if you use the Mandrake Control Center to change your Graphics settings, your XF86Config-4 file will revert to the original nv driver. Re-edit the new one with the line Driver "nvidia" and all will be fine.)

Leave a comment:

• BrokenArts
    replied
    Leatherman can fill you in on his adventures with Linux, and Mandrake. He's been dealing with all this.

Leave a comment:

• DarkBill
    replied
    Chief]yup DB-now all I need to do is figure out how to install the NVIDIA drivers without them corrupting Mandrake 8.2 (4 linux installs in 2 days thx to them :roll: ) 8)
    I've never tried Mandrake, although most people I know call it a wussy man's linux. I'm more a BSD person myself, although I've had a couple 'nix installs over the years. (And I'm running MacOS X on my real machine ^_^)

Leave a comment:

• [E.D.G]Chief
    replied
    yup DB-now all I need to do is figure out how to install the NVIDIA drivers without them corrupting Mandrake 8.2 (4 linux installs in 2 days thx to them :roll: ) 8)

Leave a comment:

• DarkBill
    replied
    WINE is quite a nice little project. Yay for open source, eh?

Leave a comment:

• [E.D.G]Chief
    started a topic Linux & Thievery.

Linux & Thievery.

no this isn't one of those threads where someone asks the dev team to make a linux version of TuT. This is just to show all the linux people that TuT runs very well in the latest Codeweavers WINE (not winex)

ok so here's a screenie of thievery running on KDE (thats a gui for any windows only person reading this) ......

btw my image host closes my account in 2 days so hurry up and look

just for those who are interested 8)
    and dont complain cos i didnt bother compressing it
Working...
X