Definitions:OWNZ,PWNZ,w00t,sUx0rs,Your Base are belong to us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitions:OWNZ,PWNZ,w00t,sUx0rs,Your Base are belong to us

I don't play many online games... this is my second.. (first was midtown madness.. that game rocks)

So i see a lot of sayings in the online community that I dont speak.

I figured out what OWNZ means... basically the same as I RULE

but what about PWNZ? I assume someone meant to put OWNZ, but hit the 'P' so many times that it just became funny.

And what the hell is w00t? I take is as some cry of jubilation.. but Im not positive... people seem to use it when they are confused, happy, excited, baffled.

Suxors = sucks.. i get that.. but where did saying it like that come from?

and "All your Base are belong to us" What the hell does that mean?!!!! It is not gramatically correct sense in the English language and it drives me maaaaad.

"All your base..." comes from a mistranslation in a video game. You can read about it here:
    http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,42009,00.html

ownz, pnz, pwnz, etc. all just mean "owns" as in "I'm so good I own this!" or whatever.

w00t: We Own the Other Team. (Or as the RLF say, Wining by Outsmarting and Outmanuvering Thieves.)

SuXors: "Sucks" + "XOR." XOR means "exclusive or" (it's an assembly language construct that means OR but not AND.)

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
      Suxors = sucks.. i get that.. but where did saying it like that come from?
      and "All your Base are belong to us" What the hell does that mean?!!!! It is not gramatically correct sense in the English language and it drives me maaaaad.
      I am not that jiggy wit it when it comes to all these sayings, but:

I thought 'Suxors' meant suckers, as in, "you fool"

And the 'All your Base belong to us" is a bad translation from some old Japaneese game. But enough people thought it was funny to use it a lot.

Kiech
      Kiech

Comment

DAMN you for posting before me, MrEricSir!

LOL
        Kiech

Comment

you have no chance to survive make your time.
          hahahaha
          =======================
          anybody want a yatta!? :lol:
          http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
          -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
          -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
          -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Someone set us up the bomb!
            Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
            "Dream is Destiny"
            Waking Life

Comment

That "Yatta" song is hilarious. The video is even better.
              Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
              "Dream is Destiny"
              Waking Life

Comment

SuXors: "Sucks" + "XOR." XOR means "exclusive or" (it's an assembly language construct that means OR but not AND.)
                Lol eric.. since I went to a technical college and took electronics classes.. I can see that you really are a dork ..... referencing Assembly Language. you could have said boolean... its not just ass lang

Comment

I thought that "pwnz", "pwned", "ownz", "j00 suxors" all meant "I am an idiot". well, that's what I always take them to mean :lol:

w00t doesn't really carry this meaning but. :grin:

Comment

Someone set up us the bomb! What you say!! (note two exclamation marks, and no question mark). Dammit that video was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill
                      I thought that "pwnz", "pwned", "ownz", "j00 suxors" all meant "I am an idiot".
                      What he said. I look back shame-facedly on the couple of times I have ever said "w00t" in a moment of weakness.

"1337" means "leet", and it came from "31337". That came from hackers.. but progressed onto coming from 12 year old boys who think using netbus and back orifice makes them the dogs bollocks. I'm not sure if the meme then passed from there to gamers, or whether H4X0R-wannabes and gamers are two parallel branches from hacker-speak.

Comment

31337=elite. hmmm...
                        I Need Training!

Comment

"All your Base are belong to us"

Comment

For great justice!

Comment

All your base... DA link
                              Da official Zero Wing site
                              "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Working...
                              X