X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What mode do you play in?

Hey guys..what mode do you play in?
    i use direct3d which works great!
    i tried opengl but a lot of the actors looked bad, skys in some maps look horrid, and th fps droped by 75%...

those are all i tried..maybe i'll try software rendering sometime.
    Direct 3D Support
    100.00%
    OpenGL Support
    0.00%
    3dfx Glide for windows
    0.00%
    Software Rendering
    0.00%
    S3 MeTaL for windows
    0.00%
    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

I'm using Direct3D.
    Isn't Opengl just for Voodoo cards?

I've thought of using Software Rendering instead though.

Comment

Hey mode, don't you run in mode-two?

I run my game in Direct 3D, 1152x864, 32-bit.

I have an nVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 graphic card.

Check here for extensive specs about my GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by Ř·mega
        Hey mode, don't you run in mode-two?
        Nah, Thievery didn't support it.

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
          Isn't Opengl just for Voodoo cards?
          *cringe* No. Glide -- 3dfx's proprietary API -- was only for Voodoo cards. OpenGL is an open API (hence the name) that is supported by essentially every video cards. D3D is Microsoft's poor attempt at creating another proprietary API and forcing people to use it, so they would then have some control over the graphics card industry. Sadly, they've succeeded.

I both run and code in OpenGL.
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Software Rendering > You!
            I Need Training!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
              D3D is Microsoft's poor attempt at creating another proprietary API and forcing people to use it, so they would then have some control over the graphics card industry. Sadly, they've succeeded.
              I didn't know that. Explains why it's so poor and under-funtional, though.

Comment

OpenGL. It didn't work until I reinstalled TUT and fucked around with it for a while. It was worth it though, because TUT looks much sharper with OpenGL on my GeForce 2 MX.

Comment

OpenGL seems to be the nicest looking API in most games if they support it...

Comment

If that is true Darkbill, then why the hell doesn't my GeForce Ti4200 support OpenGl? It looks like shit, and crashes Thievery if I change the mode. :?

Comment

If that is true Darkbill, then why the hell doesn't my GeForce Ti4200 support OpenGl? It looks like shit, and crashes Thievery if I change the mode. :?
                      Works on my G4 Ti4200. Crashes Thievery when I change the mode, too, but when I start it back up, it's in the new mode.

Comment

OpenGL doesn't work for me. This topic inspired me to try. It runs in 16-bit but looks terrible. Changing to 32-bit crashes. :?

Back to Direct3D.

Comment

Hey Omega, I have a 1.6ghz, G4 ti4200 and 256 memory too!

You computer thief!
                          The only constant is change.
                          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Because UT doesn't officially support OpenGL. It was coded back in the day when the competition was between 3dfx Glide and ATI RAVE. UT went with Glide, and also D3D for those without Voodoo cards (Fate only knows why) -- OpenGL and Metal and other renders have been unofficially added into the codebase since, are unsupported and work only about half the time.

That's why it will crash Thievery.
                            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

I play it on my ATARI.

Nah, I use D3D.
                              (AKA Dresden)
                              Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Working...
                              X