No announcement yet.

Best RTS evar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only destroyed by land units? Didn't realise that. Still, if the air takes out all the defences, then you only need a couple of ground units to finish the job.

The GLA lack any decent big ground tanks too..

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPendragon
      A fine example of over nerfing. Well done, Blizzard.
      Blizzard seems to have made a practice of over-reacting when they release patches.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
        Blizzard seems to have made a practice of over-reacting when they release patches.
        I still think Blizzard games remain some of the best balanced games there are.

Comment

Anyone play the original Warcraft? That game was a lot of fun. Warcraft 2 brought a lot more spice to the whole thing, and good stuff for map-makers. Not the only game on the block, but revolutionary stuff to say the least.

Kiech
          Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
            Only destroyed by land units? Didn't realise that. Still, if the air takes out all the defences, then you only need a couple of ground units to finish the job.

The GLA lack any decent big ground tanks too..
            Hmm, last time I checked their poison tractors did a fair amount of damage... and they thrive off of suicide unit's offcourse. Nothing's more satisfying to see an army of infantry with explosives strapped to their bodies march into an enemy base and detonate themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
              Anyone play the original Warcraft? That game was a lot of fun. Warcraft 2 brought a lot more spice to the whole thing, and good stuff for map-makers. Not the only game on the block, but revolutionary stuff to say the least.

Kiech
              Warcraft 2's map editor was a laugh compared to the Starcraft map editor. Haven't seen the Warcraft3 one, but people say it is too complex.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                Warcraft 2's map editor was a laugh compared to the Starcraft map editor. Haven't seen the Warcraft3 one, but people say it is too complex.
                Obviously, since Warcraft 2 came out years before Starcraft. But still, it was easy to learn, friendly, and YOU NEVER HAD TO WORRY ABOUT LAGGY ZONES! LOL.
                Kiech

Comment

Starcraft sucks my left ass-cheek. Ban away!
                  *Leader of the 56k rebellion*
                  *Slowing down cable and DSL users, everywhere*

LikitaRenn:"I wanna be added to as many people's sigs as will add me to... their.. sigs.. um.. something..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
                    Anyone who disagrees gets banned, especially MrEricSir. :twisted:

Comment

uhh...i play age of empires
                      This is my cool sig.

Comment

Hmm rts..... anyone play Warlords Battlecry... the rpg/rtc mix.... like generals it too lacks in the upper regions of play since most people get an "uber" hero leader and win with just that....... but hey upto level 20 its great... especially if you play like a tournement with fresh leaders....

TA was great but never lasted. Starcraft, im a Protoss man (alien/species) myself but like morden i prefer the base building to unit management (btw moonbase is a good little game)...... just a shame stronghold was so limited. :x

Hmmmcant think of more....
                        How TuF are you?
                        League of Legends
                        Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Okay, I call Earth 2150. What other RTS allows you to paint your tanks the enemy's color, then stage an ambush with spotlights turned off under the cover of night and heavy rainfall? Or dig an underground tunnel into the enemy base? Or have lightning storms where lightning, true to life, hits not randomly but at the highest points of elevations?

Comment

Starcraft was a great game. Protoss owns all. I had a partner who also played Protoss (after I consistently beat his weak Terrans) and we beat almost everyone we played. Zerg rush? Ha! 1 or 2 zealots can defeat any zergling rush.

I liked Stronghold a lot - base building was quite important, and what other game lets you turn the ground into an inferno, burning hundreds of guys?

Another game with massive carnage was Cossacks. It was basically Age of Empires with no unit limitations - you'd build up armies of several thousand guys and watch them slaughter your opponent's army of several thousand..

Too bad RTS' got totally stale. There hasn't been anything really new to the genre since Starcraft. At this point I don't even bother with them anymore (probably a result of WAY too much Warcraft 2 and then Starcraft). I borrowed my friend's Warcraft 3, and after about 5 missions I uninstalled it and gave it back. It was just MOTS - no fun at all.

Comment

Empire Earth Pwnz j00 4ll

kthx

EDIT : And, yes, Warcraft 3 sucked hard.
                              JM

Comment

Starcraft is truly the best ever.

All the others are balls.

Comment

Working...
                                X