No announcement yet.

Best RTS evar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Yenz you are wrong. If you want to use real strategy you choose The Conquerors. :grin: StarCraft is one of the best EVER though.
    I Need Training!

Comment

My favourite strategy game ever.

X-com: Enemy Unknown
      X-com 2: Terror from the deep

I haven't played any of the other parts since I couldn't get my hands on those. Anyone ever played those?

Comment

Originally posted by طmega

I haven't played any of the other parts since I couldn't get my hands on those. Anyone ever played those?
        Yeah, those ruled. X-Com: Enemy Unknown felt like a cross between some 50's sci-fi horror flick and the X-Files. It was creepy reading those alien autopsy reports your scientists sent to you, and researching new weapons was always fun. X-Com: Apacolypse was disipointing. It had to much micromanagement. I thought it was so-so.
        (AKA Dresden)
        Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Hmm...anyone ever play Lords of the Realm? Not all that great of a game until you got the battles...but oh boy how fun could those battles be! Taking castles and skirmishes in different terrains, loads of fun! Archers and macemen were always my main force, they simply rocked.

Kiech
          Kiech

Comment

My brothers played x-com alot. They liked Apocalypse the best, because of gameplay, not because of graphics that were caused by the little money they had left. I didn't play it much.

Comment

Originally posted by طmega

I still play that alot, and I also used to play Laser Squad on my old C64

Too bad XCOM doesn't have multiplayer though... that was the one thing that rocked about Laser Squad.

Comment

Starcraft owns, and I love playing with friends. Protos all the way baby! I'm a defense monster, and usually consentrate early game on that, then hit you hard and fast using at least 2 main battle groups and 1 secondary smaller group for taking out the builders and Main base.

Warcraft 3 is pretty cool, IMO. The map editor is alot harder to use though, but that's alright, since we don't really need bad maps for a game like that. Everyone should try it, cause once you play that, you'll itch to see a starcraft II with similar looks.
                - | BlackErtai | -

Comment

No one heard about Battle Realms ? That game ownz. (not as much as StarCraft heh , still interesting gameplay)

Comment

Lord of the realms 2 is a fucking good game, but pretty hard.
                    JM

Comment

I used to love RTS games, ever since Command and Conquer (me and my bro used to play it all the time), but IMO ever since Starcarft, they've just become a little..... "samey".

I bought Age of Mythology... played it about 4 times Don't get me wrong it's a good game and I admire the obvious hard work that has gone into it but it was all a game of tactics -> counter tactics -> counter, counter Tactics etc.....

I guess thats just me! Your right tho, Starcraft was a great game, extremely well balanced also.
                      ~TuF~

Comment

Starcraft rocks, Warcraft 1 and 2 rocked, and Age of Empires II rocks. I love RTS games.

And yes, Protoss owns all others!

Comment

I agree, Starcraft is the best RTS of all time.

Protoss rule all.

PH33r the mass of dragoons!! :twisted:

Comment

I hate to disappoint you all but the Myth series are the BEST rts ever made. The 3 one was lacking but 1 and 2 are simply the best. Those of you who haven't played them (prolly all of you) please do. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. They were made by Bungie (R.I.P.). Anyone notice how the best gaming companies never seem to stay in existence (except Blizzard). TLG went under, and Bungie was bought out by Microsucks. Its a shame.

*edit* just a side note. Halo originally was a bungie project. Its the reason Microsoft bought them out, because Halo looked so good and microsoft wanted to gain from the money it would bring in. Those of you who know how awesome Halo is(woulda been better if microsoft had left Bungie alone I promise, it also would have been released on the computer, not console) should have an idea of how kewl Myth is.
                            "They say we cleaned out the royal treasury, and took the kings wedding ring off his finger as he slept!" "That must have taken an entire team of our best sneaks." "I heard it was lieutenant Jarvis." "Impossible!"
                            -Two unknown CTG probies

Comment

Originally posted by Majarisan
                              I hate to disappoint you all but the Myth series are the BEST rts ever made. The 3 one was lacking but 1 and 2 are simply the best. Those of you who haven't played them (prolly all of you) please do. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. They were made by Bungie (R.I.P.). Anyone notice how the best gaming companies never seem to stay in existence (except Blizzard). TLG went under, and Bungie was bought out by Microsucks. Its a shame.

*edit* just a side note. Halo originally was a bungie project. Its the reason Microsoft bought them out, because Halo looked so good and microsoft wanted to gain from the money it would bring in. Those of you who know how awesome Halo is(woulda been better if microsoft had left Bungie alone I promise, it also would have been released on the computer, not console) should have an idea of how kewl Myth is.
                              Myth II... definately. Bungie, and Looking Glass have to be the 2 best developers ever...

And I think you Marjarisan, might be interested in this thread.
                              TCO – Retired
                              Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Let us all observe a moment of silence in respect for Bungie.

That said, I was at the MacWorld when they demonstrated Halo. It was impressive, to say the least. Incidently, it is coming to mac later this year, I'm unsure if there is also a PC port in the works, but I'd expect there is. I've also heard from developers they're undoing much of the bastardization Microsoft forced on the game to make it work on a console.
                                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Working...
                                X