Leave a comment:

• MrEricSir
    replied
    Originally posted by Dalai
    Anyone who disagrees gets banned, especially MrEricSir. :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• Tankazz
    replied
    Starcraft sucks my left ass-cheek. Ban away!

Leave a comment:

• Kiech Bepho
    replied
    Originally posted by -=V12US=-
    Warcraft 2's map editor was a laugh compared to the Starcraft map editor. Haven't seen the Warcraft3 one, but people say it is too complex.
    Obviously, since Warcraft 2 came out years before Starcraft. But still, it was easy to learn, friendly, and YOU NEVER HAD TO WORRY ABOUT LAGGY ZONES! LOL.

Leave a comment:

• -=V12US=-
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
    Anyone play the original Warcraft? That game was a lot of fun. Warcraft 2 brought a lot more spice to the whole thing, and good stuff for map-makers. Not the only game on the block, but revolutionary stuff to say the least.

Kiech
    Warcraft 2's map editor was a laugh compared to the Starcraft map editor. Haven't seen the Warcraft3 one, but people say it is too complex.

Leave a comment:

• -=V12US=-
    replied
    Only destroyed by land units? Didn't realise that. Still, if the air takes out all the defences, then you only need a couple of ground units to finish the job.

The GLA lack any decent big ground tanks too..
    Hmm, last time I checked their poison tractors did a fair amount of damage... and they thrive off of suicide unit's offcourse. Nothing's more satisfying to see an army of infantry with explosives strapped to their bodies march into an enemy base and detonate themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Kiech Bepho
    replied
    Anyone play the original Warcraft? That game was a lot of fun. Warcraft 2 brought a lot more spice to the whole thing, and good stuff for map-makers. Not the only game on the block, but revolutionary stuff to say the least.

Kiech

Leave a comment:

• Dalai
    replied
    Originally posted by LaughingRat
    Blizzard seems to have made a practice of over-reacting when they release patches.
    I still think Blizzard games remain some of the best balanced games there are.

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied
    Originally posted by NeoPendragon
    A fine example of over nerfing. Well done, Blizzard.
    Blizzard seems to have made a practice of over-reacting when they release patches.

Leave a comment:

• Dalai
    replied
    Only destroyed by land units? Didn't realise that. Still, if the air takes out all the defences, then you only need a couple of ground units to finish the job.

The GLA lack any decent big ground tanks too..

Leave a comment:

• Mordengaard
    replied
    You guys should check out Moonbase Commander for a really fun game. I prefer it to all these RTS games mainly because I have a low capacity for dealing with multiple units - I enjoy the building of the base more than the combat, which means I'm very vulnerable to rushes, or even just multi-directional attacks.

Leave a comment:

• -=V12US=-
    replied
    TA wins the prize for the most explosive RTS. All those infinite money sources and factories that pump out units so quickly they all jam up around the factory exit, new units shoving their way out. Nukes that destroy your entire base and units that can shoot across the whole map. Fun stuff, though.

Btw, I would recommend checking out C&C Generals! It suffers in the late game with silly infinite money buildings, no unit limit and lots of spammy nuke weapons, but the early game is great fun. So cool to watch the jeeps driving about, men setting up inside the urban areas, shooting rocket launchers from building windows, rocket buggies doing mad wheelies and jumps off of ridges.
    The terrorists are gonna own, because their buildings will 'grow' back when you fail to destroy the tunnel system below. This actually has to be done with landbased weapons, and not super guns or aircraft.
    "Fight on the ground! You coward American pigs!"

Leave a comment:

• Dalai
    replied
    TA wins the prize for the most explosive RTS. All those infinite money sources and factories that pump out units so quickly they all jam up around the factory exit, new units shoving their way out. Nukes that destroy your entire base and units that can shoot across the whole map. Fun stuff, though.

Btw, I would recommend checking out C&C Generals! It suffers in the late game with silly infinite money buildings, no unit limit and lots of spammy nuke weapons, but the early game is great fun. So cool to watch the jeeps driving about, men setting up inside the urban areas, shooting rocket launchers from building windows, rocket buggies doing mad wheelies and jumps off of ridges.

Leave a comment:

• -=V12US=-
    replied
    Originally posted by Rykander
    My friends are hardcore starcraft fans, even now. They still play it multi. For me, the best RTS is Total Annihilation! Because you really could have good defense there, and dammit it was fun to amass an army inside your wall of cannons. Nukes were to be feared tho. Kingdoms wasn't all that bad either.
    Aircraft were way to overpowered in Total Anihilation, and nukes were easily countered by missile defense. Most defences could be pummeled in seconds by plasma cannons or Big Bertha's anyway, and your base was allways way to spread out because of the iron distribution.

It was still a great game though... the water battles rocked!

Leave a comment:

• Dalai
    replied
    Yay, Starcraft fans!

That wall-in tactic is clever. Anyone watched any replays of the big tournaments in Korea? Mad skillz right there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X