Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rykander
    replied
    My friends are hardcore starcraft fans, even now. They still play it multi. For me, the best RTS is Total Annihilation! Because you really could have good defense there, and dammit it was fun to amass an army inside your wall of cannons. Nukes were to be feared tho. Kingdoms wasn't all that bad either.

Leave a comment:

• Stakhanov
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
    Originally posted by NeoPendragon
    I think it was that they made Spawning Pools 200 minerals. So they can't zergling rush (which had a counter tactic!! :x ). But now they can't get enough units to even protect themselves at the beginning of a game. So I quit playing since they were my favorite race.

A fine example of over nerfing. Well done, Blizzard.
    UGH...yea that sucks. It doesn't seem like it, but that precious minute can mean the game.

Also, I loved most of the new units in the game, really stirred everything up, but was it just me or did those 'air to air' flyers stink? I never really invested much time in them, althought the Protoss Crosiar had a cool power...finally something to deal with Terran defense.

Kiech
    Any decent terran player used the "wall'in" tactic building the 1rst depot at the top of a slope , then closing the access with the barracks (acting like a door) to make a very strong rush shield. By the time the opponent had ranged units , the terrans had bunches of marines and medics.

Zergling were never that powerfull (compared to the zealots) and needed tons of upgrades to be effective. That change mutilates the game.

BTW Kiech , air to air are so specialized you use them in massive attacks generally. However , the corsairs are a must to counter mutalisk rushes. Devourers are usefull in defense against carriers/cruisers/corsairs/wraiths.

The lurker was probably the coolest (and ugliest) unit in the game. Indirect fire but massive damage on packs , some sort of ground valkyrie.

Leave a comment:

• NeoPendragon
    replied
    The Brood War air units ruled! You could easily rule the skys if had enough of them. The Corsair was like a machine gun, The Terran one had a huge area of effect and the Devourer had about 25 damage and could slow down enemy ships' rate of fire.

Leave a comment:

• Kiech Bepho
    replied
    I think it was that they made Spawning Pools 200 minerals. So they can't zergling rush (which had a counter tactic!! :x ). But now they can't get enough units to even protect themselves at the beginning of a game. So I quit playing since they were my favorite race.

UGH...yea that sucks. It doesn't seem like it, but that precious minute can mean the game.

Also, I loved most of the new units in the game, really stirred everything up, but was it just me or did those 'air to air' flyers stink? I never really invested much time in them, althought the Protoss Crosiar had a cool power...finally something to deal with Terran defense.

Kiech

Leave a comment:

• NeoPendragon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kiech Bepho
    replied
    lol! Ahhh the memories. Too bad they fucked the Zerg with the last patch.
    AWESOME game! Since the expansion, my fav team has been Protoss. Stealing an SCV then teleporting it with the Arbiter so I can build Terran defence in my lands is just sweet...followed by battlecrusiers, of course. 8)

Haven't played in a while though. What did they do to the Zerg in the last patch?

Kiech

Leave a comment:

• Bloody-Reaper
    replied
    Oh... Hey! That pic didn't show up last time i was in here1

Leave a comment:

• NeoPendragon
    replied
    lol! Ahhh the memories. Too bad they fucked the Zerg with the last patch.

Leave a comment:

• Bloody-Reaper
    replied
    So erh... What is the best RTS evar? :?

Leave a comment:

• Dalai
    started a topic Best RTS evar

Best RTS evar

Anyone who disagrees gets banned, especially MrEricSir. :twisted:

Working...
X