Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggamemnon
    replied
    Dune on the mega cd was a brilliant game.... you had the chance to make arrakis green slowly and surely

Leave a comment:

• MrEricSir
    replied
    Originally posted by Antero90
    It's interesting how Westwood keeps coming back to the Dune theme once in a while. They have what? 3 games already?
    On the PC, I believe there are 3 Dune games from Westwood. I think they have long-term PC/video game rights for the Dune series.

Leave a comment:

• Antero90
    replied
    Originally posted by MrEricSir
    Originally posted by طmega
    The dune series are cool too. I remember playing part 2.... First real time strategy system I believe.
    "Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty" was for the PC and Amiga, and I believe it was the first RTS. Westwood later came out with "Dune: The Battle for Arrakis" which was for the Genesis only. Why did they go from "2" to "1"? Fuck if I know.
    At the time Dune was published by Virgin Games. Virgin had already released a Dune game so they went for Dune 2 on PC and Amiga. As for the Genesis they didnt bother putting the "2" although they did release the Dune 1 for the Sega-Cd.

Dune 2 was very good. I played the normal version and the hacked version and they all rocked!
    It's interesting how Westwood keeps coming back to the Dune theme once in a while. They have what? 3 games already?

Leave a comment:

• MrEricSir
    replied
    Originally posted by طmega
    The dune series are cool too. I remember playing part 2.... First real time strategy system I believe.
    "Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty" was for the PC and Amiga, and I believe it was the first RTS. Westwood later came out with "Dune: The Battle for Arrakis" which was for the Genesis only. Why did they go from "2" to "1"? Fuck if I know.

Leave a comment:

• Omega
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrEricSir
    replied
    We all know that Catacomb 3D was the best FPS evar, but I know know about RTS... probably Dune 2 though.

Leave a comment:

• NeoPendragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Aggamemnon
    <<<---- owns all the x-com (not the enforcer thing YUK) and all the myth games your right tho... number three was lacking compared to the 1st two... i especially like the map editor though and the undead from the water is always great to see.... even if you do just blow em to shit hehehe. My bro knows everything there is to know about x-com and while im here is there anyone who knows how to stop a modern pc from making the real time parts of it go back to normal time since our newer PCs make it go shitfast...
    What operating system? For Windows 95/98/ME there's programs like Mo-Slow that slow down older games so they run at normal speed. I thought there was an option in the properties of shortcuts in XP that limited framerates, but I'm probobly mistaken.

Leave a comment:

• Aggamemnon
    replied
    <<<---- owns all the x-com (not the enforcer thing YUK) and all the myth games your right tho... number three was lacking compared to the 1st two... i especially like the map editor though and the undead from the water is always great to see.... even if you do just blow em to shit hehehe. My bro knows everything there is to know about x-com and while im here is there anyone who knows how to stop a modern pc from making the real time parts of it go back to normal time since our newer PCs make it go shitfast...

Leave a comment:

• Majarisan
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkBill
    Let us all observe a moment of silence in respect for Bungie.

That said, I was at the MacWorld when they demonstrated Halo. It was impressive, to say the least. Incidently, it is coming to mac later this year, I'm unsure if there is also a PC port in the works, but I'd expect there is. I've also heard from developers they're undoing much of the bastardization Microsoft forced on the game to make it work on a console.
    I'm very much looking foward to that is thats true. I can't express enough how happy I am to know other people have the same respect for bungie and the myth series that I have. It is IMO such a revolutionary game. Nothing had ever been done like that and when I 1st saw the trailer in Macaddict I shit a brick and bought the game the second it was released. I played it and then Myth2 for years after that. It is by far my absolute favorite online game. TUT has potential to match it though. If I'm still playing this in a couple years then kudos to the devs, you'll have done almost as well as bungie in my eyes. I love this game.

Leave a comment:

• Majarisan
    replied
    Originally posted by SNAFU
    Originally posted by Majarisan
    I hate to disappoint you all but the Myth series are the BEST rts ever made. The 3 one was lacking but 1 and 2 are simply the best. Those of you who haven't played them (prolly all of you) please do. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. They were made by Bungie (R.I.P.). Anyone notice how the best gaming companies never seem to stay in existence (except Blizzard). TLG went under, and Bungie was bought out by Microsucks. Its a shame.

*edit* just a side note. Halo originally was a bungie project. Its the reason Microsoft bought them out, because Halo looked so good and microsoft wanted to gain from the money it would bring in. Those of you who know how awesome Halo is(woulda been better if microsoft had left Bungie alone I promise, it also would have been released on the computer, not console) should have an idea of how kewl Myth is.
    Myth II... definately. Bungie, and Looking Glass have to be the 2 best developers ever...

And I think you Marjarisan, might be interested in this thread.
    YES! Marathon is old but it kicks so much ass. SNAFU goes up in coolness in my book.

Leave a comment:

• DarkBill
    replied
    Let us all observe a moment of silence in respect for Bungie.

That said, I was at the MacWorld when they demonstrated Halo. It was impressive, to say the least. Incidently, it is coming to mac later this year, I'm unsure if there is also a PC port in the works, but I'd expect there is. I've also heard from developers they're undoing much of the bastardization Microsoft forced on the game to make it work on a console.

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    replied
    Originally posted by Majarisan
    I hate to disappoint you all but the Myth series are the BEST rts ever made. The 3 one was lacking but 1 and 2 are simply the best. Those of you who haven't played them (prolly all of you) please do. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. They were made by Bungie (R.I.P.). Anyone notice how the best gaming companies never seem to stay in existence (except Blizzard). TLG went under, and Bungie was bought out by Microsucks. Its a shame.

*edit* just a side note. Halo originally was a bungie project. Its the reason Microsoft bought them out, because Halo looked so good and microsoft wanted to gain from the money it would bring in. Those of you who know how awesome Halo is(woulda been better if microsoft had left Bungie alone I promise, it also would have been released on the computer, not console) should have an idea of how kewl Myth is.
    Myth II... definately. Bungie, and Looking Glass have to be the 2 best developers ever...

And I think you Marjarisan, might be interested in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Majarisan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• HammeriteGuard
    replied
    I agree, Starcraft is the best RTS of all time.

Protoss rule all.

PH33r the mass of dragoons!! :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• The Dragon
    replied
    Starcraft rocks, Warcraft 1 and 2 rocked, and Age of Empires II rocks. I love RTS games.

And yes, Protoss owns all others!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X