Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thievin' Guards

Please look at this screen shot and tell me what is wrong:

In case you didn't notice, I did 687 points of damage in that game but only got 1 kill. How you ask? Simple. Kill stealing BASTARD GUARDS WHO SHOULD ROT IN THIEF HELL!

"A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Or you were having fun with Miss spider.... :roll:
    "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

What's wrong? Oh, it must be that bug that multiplies guards' damage dealt by 10 occasionally.

Comment

I would appreciate some serious feedback about the proper etiquette of kill stealing.

The dilemna:

(a) When I attack a thief, the thief often gets away. I appreciate help. I assume even people less newbie-ish than myself feel the same way because when spectating I often see several guards clumping around one thief.

(b) I do not want to "kill steal" and offend anyone. Usually this is not a problem, since I have lame skills so chances are the guard I am helping is hitting the thief more often and with more blows connecting has a vastly greater chance for owning the final blow. But twice this week I have done a "kill steal".

The answer:

(a) Pleae tell me if there is there any generally accepted etiquette for when to help a teammate pummel a foe...

(b) For version 1.3 could we change "kills" to "Marios" and solve the problem? Does anyone really care who gets the final blow, when damage dealt is both more fair and more impressive?

Comment

If you can kill a thief, kill it, don't worry about it being "someone else's kill". The purpose is for the team to win, not individuals to have high scores.
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

LameHamster:

In the view of the [RLF] there is no kill stealing.
            Just kill the bloody bastards as quickly and efficiently as possible
            and you'll be doing the right thing every single time.

MG
            "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

^What these last two guys said^

It's a TEAM game, after all.

Comment

this message is directed at Mad_Gerbil (this message posted to avoid confusion)
                Sometimes the points rate on how much damage is done over thief kills. Sometimes not. But it should rate on that... problem is that when u kill innocents like Gerome and Kevel.. u would get the lead in that cheap way. So they need to fix that and need you to stop crying

Comment

Whoa Kewl, back off. He isn't crying at all. He just wanted to know if he was doing anything wrong. It's good that he came here to post that. He is new, he admits that. Evidently, someone bitched at him for stealing their kill.

There is no "stealing kills." Sometimes people will joke (I do), saying, "Hey, that's my kill!" But most of us are only picking, and not meant to be taken seriously.

The reason guards gang bang a thief is to kill him. It doesn't matter who kills him, as long as he dies. It's a team guy, and requires teamwork.

BTW, I'm somewhat new here... and this is some of the best advice I can give you, Take what most everyone says with a grain of salt. Don't let anyone tick you off or have a bad game. Just play man. Have fun!
                  Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                  "Dream is Destiny"
                  Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                    In case you didn't notice, I did 687 points of damage in that game but only got 1 kill.
                    I wonder how much of that was "fire damage"
                    CTG

Rhymin & Stealin

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock
                      Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                      In case you didn't notice, I did 687 points of damage in that game but only got 1 kill.
                      I wonder how much of that was "fire damage"
                      I was BJ'd once by the last thief.
                      He took about 30 pts. of damage before 3 guards jumped him and stole my kill.

My default loudout has no firebolts.

Comment

I see another error:

None of the thieves had any loot. Omg.

Comment

Stupid DM Thieves!

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                            I see another error:

None of the thieves had any loot. Omg.
                            Maybe the map was Asylum?

Comment

(Missing the joke LR? Or are you just pretending?)

Comment

Working...
                              X