Phuck3d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phuck3d

Well guys, I just recently found a virus on my computer that I absolutely cannot get rid of. I've run scans and everything. The file is a pic that a friend sent me of his newborn son. Now, when I got the pic, it wasn't corrupted. Now it is. It won't let me delete it, rename it, open it, view it in anything, even notepad. Unless someone has an idea, I'm gonna have to reformat, which will seriously blow, as most of the stuff on my computer will take me weeks to refind and redownload or reinstall.

Please, if anyone has any ideas or knows of anything I can do, please tell me, b/c I really don't want to have to reformat. Thanks.
    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
    "Dream is Destiny"
    Waking Life

Sorry man. Same thing happened to me about 4 months ago; I just burned everything I could on cd's. That seemed to lessen the blow. I know it's really bad, but if you can get your stuff that ou found off the net on cd's then it'll be a relief. Again, sorry about that. I know how you feel.

Comment

I had something like this before. What you have to do is make a new image file, rename it exactly the way the corrupted file is named, then move the new file in the same map as the corrupted one. Then it will replace it, or if it is another file name ( like .img ) then the old picture is unbugged.

It's wierd, but it works.

So:

1.) Make a new image file.
      2.) Rename it the way the corrupted file is named.
      3.) Move the new file in the folder where the corrupted one is in.
      4.) It's automaticly replaced or you can remove it if it is another file name.
      On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Well Phae, thanks for the help, but it didn't work. When I tried to move the "new" file into the folder, it gave me an error, saying the file name was not valid or too long???? Any other ideas? Thanks for the replies.
        "Dream is Destiny"
        Waking Life

Comment

Where is this file located?
          And is "Phuck3d" the filename? Which extension does it have?

Comment

Another thing, when I try to open it in Notepad, I get "access denied". When I try to open it with other programs, it says an "unnamed file contains an invalid path". When I try to save as a new file in the same folder to replace it, it gives me the "file name to long" crap too.
            "Dream is Destiny"
            Waking Life

Comment

It is in a file that I put all my pictures in. It is a *.jpg file. And no, the name of it isn't phuck3d, that is what I am... :?

Some how, it renamed the file. It was named "Baby Tenison.jpg" Now it some other long name that i can't read. It has a lot of spaces in it I guess. But how did it let it get renamed so long, if you can't name a file that long?
              "Dream is Destiny"
              Waking Life

Comment

The exact location please. C:\.. What?

If you don't know how to find it. Try using the windows search function.

Comment

C:\Program Files\KaZaA Lite\My Shared Folder ??????????

It use to be in

C:\Stuff\pics\photo
                  "Dream is Destiny"
                  Waking Life

Comment

What is the filename and the extension?

Ie. "picture.jpg"
                    The path should be something like this:
                    C:\Dir\picture.jpg

Find out what the file is called.

The click on start=>search, then enter the filename and search your harddrives.

Then post the path of the file here.

Comment

That's part of the problem. I can't find the exact name of the file. It won't let me view it in any way. The options, rename, properties and just about everything else does not show when I right-click. I also tried to where you can postition your pointer over the file, and it tells you some info on it, but it won't even do that, and trust me, I spent some time trying to do that .
                      "Dream is Destiny"
                      Waking Life

Comment

Give me a summary of your system.
                        I'm especially interested in which OS you are running.

Comment

WindowsXP Home Edition
                          80GB hard drive, right at about half being used
                          256MB DDR
                          GeForce4
                          SB Live!

Is there anything else you need to know? Or was that totally not what you wanted (other than the OS)??
                          "Dream is Destiny"
                          Waking Life

Comment

if you have WinXP and the settings to standard, you will get details from the file you select on the left in your window. Maby that works?

I'm off to school, goodluck
                            On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Have your virus-controller found a virus? Or could it just be a corrupt file?

Have you tried to delete it from Dos?

Comment

Working...
                              X