any news on voicechat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any news on voicechat?

Is anyone still setting up a voice chatroom for us all?
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

its easy to make such a room if you have yahoo messenger...
    "What'll we do tonight, RaughingLat?"
    "Same thing we do every night, Granky, try to take over the world."

Comment

TUT community is getting its own voice program? Cool!

I recently setup TeamSpeak for members and affiliates of "Team ORJ" (not TUT specific playing group). It does work very well for us (using ver 1.x of the program, not ver 2.x).
      Team ORJ

Comment

I thought Darkproject was setting up a teamspeak/roger wilco chatroom for us all...
        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Three words: Spectator cheat !
          Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

That's two words. (Or do you count the exclamation mark as a word?)

Comment

No news, voicechat STILL sucks!

Comment

What are you talking about? Being able to properly communicate would be amazing in thievery. Simply being able to tell fellow guards where to go to cut the thief off would be good. However if it was possible to make a piece of code for a fourthcoming patch that enabled 'real' talking i think thievery would take a new level. I mean linking up the volume of the voice with the distance you are to the player speaking. This effectively gives you real life communication and would suit thievery really well.

Comment

Hey, perhaps we could have the voices digitally speeded up for when player-rats are talking

Comment

Ingame vocal communication that can be only heard so close =

Could be cool if thieves could listen in on what the guards are planning if he gets close enough without being detected. Now that would be cool.
                    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                    "Dream is Destiny"
                    Waking Life

Comment

But then again, it would only work for people that have the voicechat thingy installed. Ok if you want to use it privatly, on guild matches whatever, but don't put it in TEH game!

IMO!

Comment

For there twas no Voice Chat in thy Medievil ages, so there twon't be any voice chat inst thine ThieveryUT.

(Note: nothing is mispelled in this post, read it like it reads to get full effect)

Also.... This is the reason we can't call AI from across the map like you can in UT, there is no voice piece. which means no voice chat.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                          For there twas no Voice Chat in thy Medievil ages, so there twon't be any voice chat inst thine ThieveryUT.
                          Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                            Go play Thief 2. Karras had a PA system in the last level, and using this combined with the technique that allows the scouting orb, you could make voice chat. And if that doesn't convince ya, then I have one word: "magic".

Regardless of that, since people can whisper (teamsay) already, adding voicechat won't change much except making it a lot easier to communicate what can already be communicated.

If voicechat were added in-game, that would be great. Until then, I'll use RogerWilco.

Comment

WAIT!!! HOLD IT!

You are all arguing about in game voice chat. Thats not what im talking about. Someone should set up a voicechat server out of game so we can just talk about thievery and stuff. You know, like what a genious Dalai is or wonder how depressed Omega looks.

I thought DP mentioned making something like this but I haven't heard about it lately.
                              www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Working...
                              X