No announcement yet.

I really need your opinion over this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really need your opinion over this...

Tonight I was playing TUT. The map was Gerome. I spawn outside barracks (big torch area). Before I go to the library to camp the book, I run inside the barracks and wait behind the door because I know thieve love to rush that door. For my (bad as it turned out to be) luck the patroling AI was passing by so I ordered him to camp the other door facing INSIDE just in case the thief gets by me. So I go and stay behind the door. So far so good.

After awhile a thief (lets call him "X") who has (as he told me later) spawned inside one of the barracks rooms (is this true? can it be done?), flashbombs the AI and goes for the gold on the bench. I see him and kill him. Then he called me a spawn raping bastard.

Usually I don't lose my temper but I did. It's not a very nice thing to be called spawnraper and since it's a banable action, I want you to tell me: Was that spawn raping?

In my opinion:
    1) I didn't even knew he was there until he FBed the AI.
    2) He rushed at the room not me at him.
    3) He could easily go down the corridor not noticed instead of rushing like this.

Please tell me because right now I'm very upset and I really want to know. If I am wrong I will gladly apologize for what I've said. Thank you.
    Hell yes.
    0%
    Hell no.
    0%
    I Need Training!

yeah-theres a really sucky spawn spot for luckless thieves in the 2nd barrack room(next to the room where the ai is)and its virtually impossible to escape from without either using all your potions or most of your health.I really hate it when Im a thief and spawn there-it sucks.Its as bad as those stupid spawn spots in Asylum(in the light next to 3 AI)or that really stupid one in the APO in Aquatone.

Stupid to say its a spawn-rape cos its not the main place that thieves spawn-but its mainly a stupid place for thieves to spawn in the first place.

I hope those spawn spots are changed in the next patch-cos they are a nuisance and I can understand the thief getting annoyed about it all the same...

Comment

There is a really bad spawn point in one of the barracks rooms there. I've accidentally killed a thief there myself, thinking I'd just caught him making a dash for a key. In my case, he understood that it was an accident, so there were no hard feelings.

Technically, what you did WAS spawnkilling, but it was the result of a misunderstanding. I'd hope that person wouldn't hold it against you, once the situation was clear.

Comment

I've spawned there before too.

Him grabbing the loot wasn't too smart.

BTW, I was there, and "X" did freak out a little too much over it.
        The only constant is change.
        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Actually, Judge, after reading your story more carefully, I'd have to say that it wasn't even technically spawnkilling. He was moving and had taken action against an AI already, according to your story, so assuming you've accurately portrayed the events (and I don't doubt you have), my opinion is "no, that wasn't spawnkilling".

Comment

Don't worry judge. I dont think you can be blamed, if it was spawnraping or not.

I, personally, wouldn't even think he was spawning if he atacked the ai in that room. I din't even know thieves can spawn there

But technicaly it kinda was spawnraping, since the ai allready spawn raped him ... and then you too. I can understand why he was mad. But ah well
            On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I didn't read all of your story but you're a member of the RLF so it has to be spawnkilling.

Comment

I've been 'spawnraped' there loads of times but that's beacuse I do the stupid thing and go for the loot instead of just leaving. It's not a crap spawn point, it's just that we all get too greedy when we spawn there even though it's the first place a guard will turn up to catch out those rushing thieves like you were trying Judge. I wouldn't worry about it because it isn't difficulty to get out of that building to safety if you make a run for it straight away, which X should have done. He was probably just pissed off at getting killed so soon (I know I've had a go at people before over it when really I should have taken the chance to flee).
                One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                -
                The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Also, I think you should receive an award for being the first person in 3 months to post a poll and NOT PUT A STUPID-ASS ANSWER AS THE LAST CHOICE! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

*cough*..sorry...it's my problem and I'll deal with it.... ops:
                  One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                  -
                  The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

HELL NO I SAY.......HELL NO TAFFER!!!!What a silly thing to whine about as if thast spawnkilling, he already flashed the once forceable threat in teh building, instead of leaving he cam for more.... and he was damn pissed he got it
                    How TuF are you?
                    League of Legends
                    Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Well, while I rarely post on the forum, being Mr. "X" I feel compelled.

Judge described what happened pretty well. However, I didn't just open the door and run out to flash the AI so I could get the loot and KO him. I knew that someone had talked to the AI that normally wanders out there, but I didn't know WHAT they told him to do. Anyway, I opened the door to my starting room, doing my best to stay out of sight, and the AI shot me. He started running towards me, and was about to shoot me again when I flashed him. Not knowing that there was still a player in the large room nearby, I ran past the AI (knowing that the fastest and safest way out is through that door, if I used the other exit other guards were likely to notice). I was going to try and grab the loot and key that often spawns there, since AI stay flashed quite awhile, when Judge slaughtered me ruthlessly. So while he didn't START the raping, and he didn't MEAN to rape, the point is he DID. Everyone, EVERYONE spawnrapes once in awhile, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

And yes, in my anger at being killed 10 seconds after I spawned, I yelled something when I should have just said "Hey, I just spawned!" but after that I just tried to get back to the game, untill Judge brought it up again 10 minutes later, and continued yelling at me untill halfway through the next level (then he left to post this).

(Note: It would have been impossible for me to get out of that room without using a flashbomb or invis. Having 2 flashbombs and only 1 invis, and thinking I was only going up against an AI, I used a flash. And if I had run the other way, along the hall instead of into the room, Judge would certainly have seen me and almost certainly followed me. He didn't know that was a spawn point, which means he would have tried to kill me even if I hadn't entered the room or flashed the AI.)

Comment

Sounds like a big misunderstanding, combined with lousy luck and a crappy spawn point. How about we all just kiss and make up, huh?

Comment

EEeeeweww get away you... you ladybennieboi....
                          How TuF are you?
                          League of Legends
                          Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

I'm cool Nex. The reason I didn't post your real name was because you never did anything wrong in my book until this happened and I thought that you were just tired at the moment and you got angry because of that. The real reason why I posted this was to see if this was really a spawn rape or not in order to avoid same situations.
                            I Need Training!

Comment

that spawn spot really sucks_ I nearly always get killed trying to escape from that damn place and thats WITHOUT going for the loot or the key...and it doesnt help having an AI next door with hyper-sensitive hearing either,let alone when the guards have already got there and caloped and mined the hell out the place to try and keep the thieves out from there....

Comment

Working...
                              X