DO NOT PICK UP THE LOOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DO NOT PICK UP THE LOOT

We still have guards that pick up dropped loot.

Okay, for those of you in the back of the class....

IF YOU PICK UP 200 LOOT THEN 400 RESPAWNS AND THAT MEANS THEY CAN RAPE RESPAWN LOOT IN ONE LOCATION AND WIN THE LOOT OBJECTIVE BY NOT MOVING FROM SOME DUMB REMOTE LOCATION.

In other words...

Picking up the loot = guards losing the game.

Any questions?
    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Ooh ooh me me!

When is this fixed? Cuase its annoying to have to sit on a pile of loot in the middle of the floor.
    I'm probably not here. If I am, show me the door.

Comment

Gerbil has a good point, but he's slightly off. The amount of loot respawned depends on the loot drop %. His numbers are correct if loot drop is 100% and all dropped loot is returned. However, if drop % is say, 50%, then if 200 loot is dropped and all returned, then 300 loot will respawn. The loot drop % is the amount beyond the amount dropped that will respawn.

Comment

I found out last week & I'll look forward to this one getting fixed.

After all, it takes about 2 seconds to type:

Whisper No, don't pick up the loot bags

By which time, some well-meaning noob has already picked it up & so theres little I can do

Comment

Sure... It's much better to leave the loot in the garden, all alone. Cause the thieves who pick it up are cheaters, right? RIGHT??

:roll:

Comment

Yes, picking up the loot bags makes things significantly easier for the thieves.

Even maps like nostalgia are much harder to win by objectives, so if you dont pick up the dropped loot, the thieves can have more fun taking out all the guards!

Comment

Spiders is an exception. This level is not about guarding the loot per se.
              BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                Gerbil has a good point, but he's slightly off. The amount of loot respawned depends on the loot drop %. His numbers are correct if loot drop is 100% and all dropped loot is returned. However, if drop % is say, 50%, then if 200 loot is dropped and all returned, then 300 loot will respawn. The loot drop % is the amount beyond the amount dropped that will respawn.

I don't think that is the case.

If a thief drops 200 worth of little blue baggies and it gets picked up by a guard than 400 total loot respawns.
                "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

whenever guards don't pick up loot, when the thieves pick it up, doesn't it respawn n e way? :?
                  This is my cool sig.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel
                    whenever guards don't pick up loot, when the thieves pick it up, doesn't it respawn n e way? :?
                    Yes, same problem if thieves pick it up.

But if guards leave it & let it disappear (takes about 2mins), it will respawn as the correct amount.

Comment

so i have to stand guarding the booty (perhaps in total shadow or at the exit like in flats)?
                      This is my cool sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
                        Regarding the loot respawn bug, I looked into the code the other day when Aggamemnon brought this bug to my attention and saw the cause. The little blue loot pouches that thieves drop are returned to the level after X seconds, even if a guard has already returned them, so the map can receive the loot twice.

Fixed in 1.3.
                        above quote from this post.

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                        I don't know how LR came to that conclusion - I interpreted Dalai's quote as meaning that any loot that is dropped is returned twice. Of course, LR may have more information than just this quote..

Anyways, it's fixed in 1.3. Which is one of the major reasons I hope 1.3 comes out very, very soon. The other day in Nostalgia, some guard who knew better than to grab the loot, grabbed the loot because he said it was "in a hard place to guard". I dunno about you, but in a well-lit small room (2nd floor) is about as easy a place to guard as you're gonna get. I can't wait for 1.3 to fix this, and end the hassles with dropped loot.

Edit: Daniel - yes, until 1.3, a "good guard" will guard the loot instead of picking it up. At least make the thief use up some supplies to get it.[/url]

Comment

I misinterpreted what Gerb said originally. He's right that everything that drops is respawned twice over, if it's picked up before it respawn normally. However, loot drop still affects what gets respawned, since with only, say, a 50% loot drop, only 50% of what a thief is carrying will drop, so there's less to respawn twice over.

Comment

It really depends on the situation. If I can't defend the loot that was dropped, I'm going to pick it up to prevent thieves from doing so -- thieves picking up loot also triggers the respawn bug. If it's a large amount of loot, sometimes I won't pick it up and I'll guard it instead for two minutes. Now, if the loot is dropped in an already defended place, like say next to the lyre on Nostalgia with Judge sitting there, there is no way in hell I'm gonna touch it.

In summary: ignorantly picking up loot is bad. Making an informed decision to pick up the loot rather than leave it undefended to be taken by thieves is good.
                            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                              In summary: ignorantly picking up loot is bad. Making an informed decision to pick up the loot rather than leave it undefended to be taken by thieves is good.
                              I'd just leave it, either way. If you pick it up, it will trigger the loot respawn bug. If you don't, but leave it, it's always possible that the thieves will miss it and it will respawn naturally.

In summary: Picking up the loot = respawn bug. Not picking up loot = either the exact same respawn bug or no respawn bug.

Comment

Working...
                              X