Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HUGE TUT BUG: Is it sloppy coding or intentional exploit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUGE TUT BUG: Is it sloppy coding or intentional exploit?

I used to think the developers of this game cared. I used to think that guards stood a chance. But the latest in game EXPLOIT I've discovered has been used by nearly every thief and yet it has gone unreported.

The map is Folly. I go for the gem first of all and upon picking up the gem I get the normal "objective completed" message. While taking a quick breather I notice that I now also have 10 loot.

WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT?

OH, SO IF I GET THE GEM I AM NOW 1/30 ON MY WAY TO GETTING THE LOOT OBJECTIVE AS WELL? What kinda bonehead programmed that pOOpie? Thieves have been exploiting this since 1.2 and yet not a single member of the community has come forward to request that it be fixed.

I cannot tell you how upset I am that the thief community has been knowingly abusing this extremely exploitive bug. I'm tired of the dishonesty, I'm tired of the lying, I'm tired of this damn game favoring thieves so much.

No wonder they win at Folly.

"A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Apologies for posting this here, it will likely end up on Hardee's site now.
    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Never notice that before, then again it's been a while since i got my hands on the gem.
      For the sake of the game i hope this gets fixed although i cant quite get how 10 loot would become a major boost on your loot.
      Feel the power of the

Comment

lol MG

never noticed it either , you si teh detectav

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
          A whole slew of stuff about the Folly ruby being worth 10 loot.
          LOL...I guess the mapper figured that he didn't have enough loot on the map already, and decided to give the thieves a little 10 loot boost. As far as someone reporting it...maybe that can be in the next map guide that the RLF[kudos BTW TheJudge] to warn fellow guards of this expolit.

Kiech
          Kiech

Comment

Well... as long as i doesnt get loot respawned... what's the problem?

(Would be strange with 2 gems...)
            "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

OMG OMG OMG! ITS TEH END OF TEH WORLD OMG!

Jesus-fucking-Christ. Its worth 10 loot. Come to think of it, guards should treat it like any other piece of loot, insted of camping the fuck out of it, thinking its some kind of miracle OMG-Thief-can't-possibly-get-this-thing objective. Learn to guard the map.
              (AKA Dresden)
              Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

So quick to jump hard on the tiniest thief exploit, yet so willfully ignoring of the guard exploits his own guild members use, like, say, whistlers hanging in midair....

Comment

I thought this would be an obvious joke.

Maaaaybbbeee not.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    So quick to jump hard on the tiniest thief exploit, yet so willfully ignoring of the guard exploits his own guild members use, like, say, whistlers hanging in midair....
                    For the record, I don't care how the whistler is placed as long as the thief can get through the door without being forced to destroy it. The "floating whistler" can be passed by crouching under it.

By the way, I've seen members of your own guild do that with the chest. In fact, I saw Grank do it yesterday. Perhaps when your own co-captian gets on the same page as you then you'll be able to comment without looking silly.

And no, Grank wasn't exploiting IMHO, neither does the RLF.

Comment

Maaaaybbbeee not.
                      Perhaps if someone else had posted it....

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat

Maaaaybbbeee not.
                        Perhaps if someone else had posted it....
                        So true.

You guys don't know Gerb good enough.

I thought it was funny.
                        The only constant is change.
                        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

I used to think the developers of this game cared. I used to think that guards stood a chance. But the latest in game EXPLOIT I've discovered has been used by nearly every thief and yet it has gone unreported.

The map is Folly. I go for the gem first of all and upon picking up the gem I get the normal "objective completed" message. While taking a quick breather I notice that I now also have 10 loot.

WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT?

OH, SO IF I GET THE GEM I AM NOW 1/30 ON MY WAY TO GETTING THE LOOT OBJECTIVE AS WELL? What kinda bonehead programmed that pOOpie? Thieves have been exploiting this since 1.2 and yet not a single member of the community has come forward to request that it be fixed.

I cannot tell you how upset I am that the thief community has been knowingly abusing this extremely exploitive bug. I'm tired of the dishonesty, I'm tired of the lying, I'm tired of this damn game favoring thieves so much.

No wonder they win at Folly.

OMG! OMG! OMG! Thx for the warning MG! I'll be buying 5 firebolts from now on instead of 3!!!
                          I Need Training!

Comment

Well, I thought it was funny Gerb

Comment

Originally posted by The_Judge
                              OMG! OMG! OMG! Thx for the warning MG! I'll be buying 5 firebolts from now on instead of 3!!!
                              What only 5? My new 'firespammer' loadout is 6 firebolts and a sword. LOL.

Kiech
                              Kiech

Comment

Working...
                              X