Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin 3.5 - We're here!

Aye!

The upgrade process went just fine, and we're now running vBulletin 3.5.

Please be adviced that the mark-read system is totally rewritten in this version, and most - if not all - threads are now marked as unread for you (this is because this info is now stored in the database instead of the cookies). Simply fix this by choosing the "Quick Links" dropdown menu in the navbar and choose "Mark Forums Read" right after you have read this thread...

Also, if you don't like the fixed width in the new style, choose "Black Cat Style - Liquid" from the dropdown box at the bottom of the forums:

chooser.png

I suggest you read this thread to get updated on what this is all about and how to use the new features.

Keep in mind that not everything is as it should be, so please report anything you find strange, not right or not working (e.g. bugs). This isn't a stable release, but I doubt we'll experience any big bugs.

If you want to test out the new features, please use this temporary test forum (registered users only).

Also, please use this thread to discuss the new release. I'm also interested in hearing opinions and suggestions on how we can improve your forum experience.

Enjoy!

To-Do list:
    • Add forum path below threadlist (Request) (done)
    • Change to fulltext mysql search (done)

Quick note -- there's now a style selector at the bottom left of the page, allowing you to change between two fixed width styles and the liquid one, which was the old default.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Hmm, even in liquid it only fills about half my screen, i preferred it the old way. But apart from that, cool.
      [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
      Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

What about that feature we had where you only saw someone's signature just once per page? So if they were really talkative you didn't have to see their signature every time?

Comment

Originally posted by Pestcontrol
          Hmm, even in liquid it only fills about half my screen, i preferred it the old way. But apart from that, cool.
          That's a bug, then -- liquid should be filling the entire window.
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by Pestcontrol
            o_O

That can't be as the liquid style is set to 100% (and it works in my browser(s)). What browser are you using?

Comment

Excellent stuff
              It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Nice one modetwo ,good work.

Comment

Liquid gives me 100% width

Comment

Yeah, the option down the bottom isn't changing my screen width either.

For some reason this half middle screen thing is REALLY putting me off.
                    deserve victory

Comment

You can also find the option to change it in User CP under Options.

Comment

Originally posted by Carth
                        The option in the bottom left doesn't work because this new forum is very Firefox unfriendly. Try it in IE and it works. You can find the option to change it in User CP under Options.
                        Reset your cache. This forum works fine in Firefox.

Comment

Calling it Firefox-unfriendly is just *cough* bullcrap *cough*. vBulletin is optimized for working in all major browsers (including Opera, Firefox/Mozilla, Internet Explorer, Konqueror etc).

It works fine in my Firefox (1.0.4).

Did you clear out your cache, Beast and Pest?

Comment

Thanks Carth, found the option in User CP and it changed just fine.

Didn't clear my cache or anything like that, but yeah I'm using firefox.
                            Ahhhh, widthy goodness.
                            deserve victory

Comment

I didn't say "Clear your cache" just for the fun of it. I meant it...

Comment

Working...
                              X