Clear All

• LaughingRat
    replied
    Originally posted by CrouchingDork
    Originally posted by LaughingRat
    possission
    SPELLING MISTAKE!

I'm done now.
    No, it was misspelled that way in the law I was quoting.

Leave a comment:

• CrouchingDork
    replied
    possission
    SPELLING MISTAKE!

I'm done now.

Leave a comment:

• DeepQantas
    replied
    The old classic lockpicking tutorial ("Secrets of LP" I think) mentioned that posessing the lockpicks will not only get you arrested but you will be sued for all the recent pro-burglaries in the area.

Anyways... Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can find time to hammer 'em out.

If the foundation is weak, dudes... etc.

Leave a comment:

• Majarisan
    replied
    Originally posted by Curunir
    Oh... ok....

...Would that friend happen to be Jarvis?
    Don't be silly. Jarvis doesn't pick locks, he smashes store windows, stashes the stuff, then when the cops show up, he blames it on some car he spots up the street, and (and this is the kicker) gets the cops to believe him!!! Then he picks up his stash after they release him.

I'm sure the drama will continue by some freak chance happening of horrible bad luck (this happens to me often) and the cops just so happen to read this thread, and just so happen to find out I'm Jarvis, then suddenly decide to re-open the case and toss me in jail because in their vast lack of intelligence forgot the securtity camera proves my innocence.

It is true by the way, that if you are considered to smart they will turn you down if you try to become a cop. I guess this is because they figure intelligent people will eventually get some moral dilemma with the job. They only want brutish thugs who bash heads before trying to figure out who is really innocent. Either that or they don't want intelligent people digging up their corruptness.

Leave a comment:

• DhaThief
    replied
    Originally posted by NeoPendragon
    Yes. And the real question is: Who would get arrested for possessing a bent piece of metal and a flat headed screwdriver?
    The operative term is "burgularous implements". Leaves a lot of room open for interpretation. A pillowcase can be a "burgularous implement", if it happnes to be filled with the silver from the house up the street with the smashed window.

However, most states' laws require intent, "possission of burgularous implements with intent to burgle". So while you probably can't get arrested (or at least convicted) for having a set of lockpicks on you, you CAN, if you also happen to have that pillowcase, a crowbar, a ski mask, and are dressed all in black, at night.
    LOL :lol:
    But your forgetting the most important : flash bomb and inv. potions !!
    (well for crack arrows... :wink: )

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied
    Yes. And the real question is: Who would get arrested for possessing a bent piece of metal and a flat headed screwdriver?
    The operative term is "burgularous implements". Leaves a lot of room open for interpretation. A pillowcase can be a "burgularous implement", if it happnes to be filled with the silver from the house up the street with the smashed window.

However, most states' laws require intent, "possission of burgularous implements with intent to burgle". So while you probably can't get arrested (or at least convicted) for having a set of lockpicks on you, you CAN, if you also happen to have that pillowcase, a crowbar, a ski mask, and are dressed all in black, at night.

Leave a comment:

• NeoPendragon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DhaThief
    replied
    So there are laws again "possession" of those thing LOL.
    Damn, so i could have been arrested, the other day I "HAD" to pick a lock at work, because a key was broken inside one of them...lol I only used a trombone.
    HEHE arrested for possession of a trombone
    *Priceless* :lol:

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied
    Shhh. Quiet. :lol:
    Just giving you fair warning.

Leave a comment:

• NeoPendragon
    replied
    Shhh. Quiet. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied
    Heh. I'll have to try this...
    You're also going to want to check out the laws in your state/county/municipality regarding use and possession of "burgularous implements".

Leave a comment:

• NeoPendragon
    replied
    :lol:

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied
    Garrett was just that talented. He didn't even need the right tools. :grin: Heh. I'll have to try this...
    Dude. He went and got that Horn, and gave it up, supposedly to buy the BEST tools available! He got ripped off!

Leave a comment:

• NeoPendragon
    replied
    Originally posted by DeepQantas
    Bicycle spokes?

I can imagine a pick made from a sharpened spoke, but a torque too?
    You hammer out about the last 1/4 inch to the thickness you want, then bend it at about a 100-110 degree angle from the remainder of the spoke. For the picks, you probably want to flatten about 1-1.5 inches out a little, then file down to the shape you want. Triangular picks are usually easier to hit a tumbler with, but rounded ones will slide into the lock more easily. It's tricky to get a rake pick out of a bicycle spoke, but with care you can do it. Nobody in their right mind (or at least with a knowledge of lockpicking) would use that square ended thing that was one of the picks Garrett had in Thief.
    Garrett was just that talented. He didn't even need the right tools. :grin: Heh. I'll have to try this...

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied
    Originally posted by DeepQantas
    Bicycle spokes?

I can imagine a pick made from a sharpened spoke, but a torque too?
    You hammer out about the last 1/4 inch to the thickness you want, then bend it at about a 100-110 degree angle from the remainder of the spoke. For the picks, you probably want to flatten about 1-1.5 inches out a little, then file down to the shape you want. Triangular picks are usually easier to hit a tumbler with, but rounded ones will slide into the lock more easily. It's tricky to get a rake pick out of a bicycle spoke, but with care you can do it. Nobody in their right mind (or at least with a knowledge of lockpicking) would use that square ended thing that was one of the picks Garrett had in Thief.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X