I'm pissed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pissed

Well not really, more like disappointed.

Why the hell do people votecall usermaps on public servers while it's well known that some people don't have them?!

I just got kicked from the only server with people in them just because four people wanted to play archery on mogs... :x

The server was full before that... I guess the other people who voted yes were just retarded, since they didn't have the map either.

In conclusion:
    DON'T VOTECALL FOR MAPS THAT ARE NOT IN THE SERVER ROULATION! THERE'S A REASON FOR THEM NOT TO BE IN IT!

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY USERMAPS, EITHER MAKE YOUR OWN SERVER OR JOIN ONE THAT DOES HAVE THEM IN THE ROULATION!

And mogworth, if you are reading this... please take the user-maps off of the server.

[/End-rant], and no fancy colors this time.

I'll discuss this with Mog and mOdEtWo. (After we read the logs of course)

Comment

couldn't have said it better myself... happened to me too before i quit playing TUT. i agree, if ya wanna play a map then go in a server like tob that has that in the rotation, but not everyone has those maps and its unfair to get kicked because u don't have em.
      !i>A High IQ Doesn't Make Up For A Lack Of Common Sence<i!

Comment

Originally posted by Ř·mega
        I'll discuss this with Mog and mOdEtWo. (After we read the logs of course)
        Why bother reading the logs? The facts are all there.
        JM

Comment

If you want to play a usermap, at least have the decency to ask the other players if they can/want to play it... Give people the time to explain that they don't have that map.

Comment

Oh man. I thought you meant you were drunk. Like me.

Comment

The rule you propose may be fair; the ultimate decision is up to the administrators of the server. But some of us would like to have a greater opportunity to play user maps. Although I play Thievery online fairly often, I rarely have had the opportunity to play a user map with other live (i.e., non-AI) players. People slaved over these things, most of them (Archery included) are pretty damn good, and having them more freely available would provide a nice alternative to playing the official maps for the umpteenth time. Personally, I would like to see user maps be part of the rotation on more servers. If people don't like the user maps or decline to download them, I don't think it's so terrible for them to have to go to another server or sit out while the game is completed. If the issue is inablity to download the maps due to slow connections, I for one would be willing to burn a few CDs and ship them out to those in need (with the authors' permission of course), and maybe others would be willing to do so as well.

Comment

well .. it is a VOTE! its a majority vote.. you can't always make everyone happy, some people want one thing, some want another thing.

I was in the server with you when it switched to Archery.. now personally I dont like archery all that much...and voted NO so i could make a callvote for korman, but archery passed..by that time it was too late.. but if 6 out of 9 people wanted it..then thats how it works.

My advice to you and everyone else... GO DOWNLOAD THE MAPS!

They are not that big... even someone with 56k can manage to get a few maps. Set the download, go take a shower, come back and viola.. PLAY!

So its your own fault for not keeping up with the Jones'... if TUT forced you to upgrade to 1.3 in order to play online, well then you have to go DL 1.3, same thing applies here.. if the server is going to Archery.... then you must conform. So go DL them ... all that time you were writing that long ass post, I sure hope you had Archery DLing in the background so we shouldn't hear about this again. This goes for all of you. You all read the forums.. you all know they are out there. Go get em!

Comment

I'm not sure why V12US is complaining. TH-Archery has been out for some time now, and it's no secret where you can get it. If he's chosen not to download it and install it on his machine, and he gets ousted for a round because of it, that's really his problem.

I'm sorry, V12US, but that's the way it is. There's a very simple solution for you, if you choose to use it.

Comment

It's like an echo!

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                      It's like an echo!
                      Imagine that. We're agreeing on something. You must be more sensible than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                        machine
                        NEVER call my name in vain FOO!

*Add's LaughingRat to Termination List*
                        ~TuF~

Comment

Or maybe ur just less sensible!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                            NEVER call my name in vain FOO!

*Add's LaughingRat to Termination List*
                            For a "super"computer, you sure are ignorant. "Machine" is a word. Your name is "TheMachine" (or various permutations on it that you use), complete with capitalization and everything (your input IS case-sensitive, isn't it?). Go polish yourself or something.

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                            Or maybe ur just less sensible!
                            Sadly, that thought had occurred to me too....

Comment

Its nice to be appreciated... :lol:
                              (AKA Dresden)
                              Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Working...
                              X