Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dragon
    replied
    No Darkbill, what I meant was that I saw everyone on the Crackaz server so I assumed it was still going down there. I tried to get on for fifteen minutes, but it was full. :|

Leave a comment:

• Salvage
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkBill
    Originally posted by Salvage
    The ToB server is down, and the RLF server couldn't handle it. That's why.
    Whether or not it could handle all the players, the RLF server could handle some players(8 if what ASE tells me is true, but in actuality it's probably 6 if it's a cable or DSL server).
    The RLF server has been really flaky lately. It could barely handle two earlier today, it wasn't in a position to be hosting a public game.
    Ah, I see, that's understandable. Thanks for telling us, DarkBill.

Leave a comment:

• DarkBill
    replied
    Whether or not it could handle all the players, the RLF server could handle some players(8 if what ASE tells me is true, but in actuality it's probably 6 if it's a cable or DSL server).
    The RLF server has been really flaky lately. It could barely handle two earlier today, it wasn't in a position to be hosting a public game.

Leave a comment:

• Salvage
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DarkBill
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dragon
    Well, I just tried to get in for the last fifteen minutes. Oh well. :roll:
    Well, it's now 10 to 6, and Gerbil is busy playing on Crackaz, guess he didn't want to do this after all.

Leave a comment:

• Abrahamster
    replied
    Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
    Notice that this entire thread is a proposal. It's open to debate. Gerbil suggested no KO, or limited KO. The way I see limited KO is: 2 KOs on flats. Correct: That is not ghosting. But, it does fall under the limited KO category.
    I'll offer some other proposals.

Why? If we put a numerical limit (either absolute or by percentage) to KOs then after that limit is reached guards still need not fear physical harm. But if we limit certain manners of suffering violence then guards will always be pretty safe but have some need for caution.

Proposal One - Fear of Heights

Thieves may use crack arrows or flashbombs on guards, but not the sword, blackjack, or broadhead. If a guard on the rooves of Flats or the library rafters of Loki's falls to his or her demise after being cracked then all is well and good, no matter if this happens to one guard or all.

Proposal Two - Gangs

Thieves may not damage guards with blackjack or arrows. Swords are ok, but only if there are 3 or more thieves present.

Proposal Three - Vengeance

Thieves are only allowed to harm guards that have already (on that map) harmed one or more thieves. Any thief violating this rule must suicide.

Proposal Four - Tag
    See my real-life tag variants at http://www.dvsgames.com/secret3.html

(a) Cooties Tag
    Any cracked guard must immediately stop attacking and return to the guard chest before he/she may attack again.

(b) Freeze Tag
    Any flashed guard must immediately stop moving. That guard may not move until another guard revives him or her by a hit with sword, mace, or crossbow.

(c) Personalized Assassins
    Using public communication (shouting) each thief is assigned one guard's name. That thief may only harm that guard.

(d) Walking Serenity
    Thieves may only attack guards that are running, or were running during the past 2 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• Salvage
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dragon
    Well, it's now 10 to 6, and Gerbil is busy playing on Crackaz, guess he didn't want to do this after all.

Leave a comment:

• Tisfulakistakagela
    replied
    sorry Gerbil I cant join such game...you know when a guard is nearby...my hand something happens to my hand...and I press the 2 key...and suddently a BJ appears the guard aprroatches my lil finger press down the left click mouse button for3 seconds and the BJ turns to the left...the guard pass by me and I look at the back of his head and I am thinking..."Tis dont do it you are a ghoster no you must not!!" But suddently & accidentaly my lil finger leave the mouse and the BJ hit the guard and knok him down...well I am very sorry for him (indeed ) and everyone calls me BJ whore :cry:
    Well especially if the guard has a name with RLF tag at the beggining BJ job becomes more easy...

J/k dude :grin:

Leave a comment:

• The Dragon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Aggamemnon
    replied
    And salvage can only snipe

Even when he has ALL the loot requirement hehehe

Leave a comment:

• Salvage
    replied
    Originally posted by CrouchingDork
    And yes, I can ghost you foos.
    What? I thought you could only blackjack whore!

It's now 5 PM EST, and the RLF server is still passworded.

Leave a comment:

• CrouchingDork
    replied
    I'll try to show up.

"try".

And yes, I can ghost you foos.

Leave a comment:

• The Dragon
    replied
    Sorry. :roll:

Leave a comment:

• Swiss Mercenary
    replied
    I have never been to the TOB server.

How would you expect me to know the rules?

Secondly, MG said "NO KO or LIMITED KO"

I would think that in a perliminary discussion, LIMITED KO is still valid.

Thirdly, he said it could be on RLF's server...

Next person who tells me to imposing my views about KOing on their ghosting game, read MG's first post in this thread.

GG.

Leave a comment:

• The Dragon
    replied
    Well Mercenary, if its on the ToB Realm of Ghosts as Gerbil suggested, you would not be able to KO or hurt guards at all. Because the rules of that server do not allow for non-ghosting behavior.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X