Hello. :) I'm new here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello. :) I'm new here.

I got really interested in this Thievery game.

I have to admit that I'm only familiar with the Thief Game series, which is why I wanted to check this place out. :swordthi:

This is partly because I'm tired of waiting for Thief 3 to come out, and also because I'm interested in challenging my thievery skills against live opponents. :twisted:

But don't worry. I don't bite. <-- I do that instead.
    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
    even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
    of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Welcome, then, always nice to have a new player. Hope to see ya in game. ^_^
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Welcome to the game, Taffergirl! You will find that this game has MANY differences from thief, but it is excellently done and a great game to play. If you announce yourself when going on to the servers as new, many players will try to help you out to learn the game, but you should at least try the solo game a few times to get used to the different feel of it. You should also note that a new upgrade is comming to the game soon, perhaps a few weeks. Have fun taffing!

Kiech
      Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Taffergirl
        This is partly because I'm tired of waiting for Thief 3 to come out, and also because I'm interested in challenging my thievery skills against live opponents. :twisted:

But don't worry. I don't bite. <-- I do that instead.
        Don't worry, you'll get your arse handed to you in no time.
        JM

Comment

Wow. Three replies already. I think I'm going to like it here.

^.^ I think I will try that solo game out. Is it in stores? Or do I have to download it somewhere?

I read somewhere that Thievery is free, but that status may have changed since the site was made.

Not that I would mind paying. Just as long as it's all in one lump sum. I don't like hidden charges and having to continue to pay. I like to buy games I enjoy, not rent them. ^.^ And the game looks cool from what I've seen of the screenshots. I just hope my computer can handle it.

^.^ That's one thing you can't do in Thief. Enjoy team plays. I think I'm going to like that part best of all.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Quoting: Don't worry, you'll get your arse handed to you in no time. *roflmao* I'm sure I will. I'm a total newbie at the 'team' thing.

Garrett is such a loner. Argh! *lol* :grin:

Comment

Thievery is a free mod for Unreal Tournament. If you have that game, you can download the mod for free at http://www.thieveryut.com/ . It's about a 150MB download including the patch, so that might be an issue on dialup.

It's a kinda small community here, most everyone knows everyone else, and the forums are usually fairly active.

And your name implies that you're female, which means you'll get a LOT of attention from certain people. ^_^
            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Thanks! :grin:

Yup! I'm a girl alright!

But I think my boyfriend will have a few words to say about the attention thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                And your name implies that you're female, which means you'll get a LOT of attention from certain people. ^_^
                Yes, stay away from Thwark. Don't ask why, just do it!!! :wink:
                BTW. I suggest using a [n00b] tag for a while, until people get to know you. Worked for me. Still suck though...

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
                  Don't worry, you'll get your arse handed to you in no time.
                  Way to encourage a new player, Lurox!!

Welcome to Theivery, TG. What was said about the "single player game" referred to playing Thievery not online, but just you against the AI's (computer controlled opponents). It'll help you get a feel for how the game plays, and you can learn where things are in the maps, as map knowledge is really important in this game.

Good luck, and hope to catch you online sometime!

Comment

Originally posted by Taffergirl
                    Thanks! :grin:

Yup! I'm a girl alright!

But I think my boyfriend will have a few words to say about the attention thing.
                    Don't worry about flirting too much, most of the guys here are harmless...even Thwark. For a UT mod, this site is updated fairly well. If you have any questions or issues about installing the game, the FAQ's and FAQ board has some good notes. Or feel free to simply ask.

Again, WELCOME!

Kiech
                    Kiech

Comment

Ah, another girl!

Welcome to the community Taffergirl, enjoy your stay. ^_^

Comment

:| Ahh. :swordthi: Okay. Heh. Thanks for the warning.

Wow! Now I really feel welcome.

^.^ Thanks. Thievery is still downloading, but I'm definitely going to try it out.

I've been missing my gametime with the Thief Games I have.

*sigh* After you've played the missions 5 times or more, some of them kind of get a bit dull.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocke
                          BTW. I suggest using a [n00b] tag for a while, until people get to know you. Worked for me. Still suck though...
                          LOL, we are so close that we even read each others minds here, TG. I was typing my post, and Thwark was the first name that came to mind. I had no idea that Jocke was going to say that!
                          Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                            Originally posted by Jocke
                            LOL, we are so close that we even read each others minds here, TG. I was typing my post, and Thwark was the first name that came to mind. I had no idea that Jocke was going to say that!
                            :lol: Wow. This closeness thing is kind of creepy for someone like me who isn't used to the idea of Thieves cooperating with one another.

But at the same time it's very cool. 8) I'm going to like it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho

Don't worry about flirting too much, most of the guys here are harmless...even Thwark.
                              HAH!. are you 18+ if so.. allow me to introduce myself.. : Cassanova Kewl I will most likely hit on you multiple times thoughout games and in the forums.. BrokenArts and even Vik can vouge for that. But im also really good at the game and very helpful.. so i will help you out too. Im an all round Good combination!

And thwark is not harmless..just stay away from him.

Comment

Working...
                              X