Secret, secret. I've got a secret.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret, secret. I've got a secret.

A simple point really, what is considered a 'secret' for all you players out there? As in, what kind of information will you simply not share with the rest of the TUT community? You don't need to post your actual secrets here, but instances of 'used to be' secrets would be nice. Many of us are just plain lost out here against other players that have studdied each map down to the last pixel. And only a couple of guides have been provided to the TUT community at large so far, so we don't have much help there.

I'll provide one to start. The AI can open the apartment doors in Th-Spiders. You would think that since human guards don't have a key for them, that the AI wouldn't, but it seems the doors there were either ignored or made purposefully that way. So if, as a thief, you manage to climb in through the vents without a key,(another secret) don't expect that you are safe.

I'll provide a tactic too. In Folly, if you have one guard stand at the exit in the very begininng, you can effectively stall the thieves for a few moments by just standing still. The thief starting in the exit zone MUST use some of his equipment to move at all or perhaps have magical 1337 skills. This will give other guards needed time to place traps around the ruby.

Kiech
    Kiech

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
    I'll provide one to start. The AI can open the apartment doors in Th-Spiders. You would think that since human guards don't have a key for them, that the AI wouldn't, but it seems the doors there were either ignored or made purposefully that way.
    There is a way to open the doors as a guard, but I consider it cheating.

I'll provide a tactic too. In Folly, if you have one guard stand at the exit in the very begininng, you can effectively stall the thieves for a few moments by just standing still. The thief starting in the exit zone MUST use some of his equipment to move at all or perhaps have magical 1337 skills.
    Catfall+invis+BJ = knocked out guard.

Comment

doesnt charging the BJ make you vis? Or is it only when you swing?
      CTG

Rhymin & Stealin

Comment

Charging & swing don't make you visible. It's blackjack contact with a guard.
        "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

No, its swinging. I have missed before (don't ask me how) and become very visible to the guard I was trying to hit.
          Kiech

Comment

actually, it's just swing...
            One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
            -
            The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by MrEricSir
              I'll provide a tactic too. In Folly, if you have one guard stand at the exit in the very begininng, you can effectively stall the thieves for a few moments by just standing still. The thief starting in the exit zone MUST use some of his equipment to move at all or perhaps have magical 1337 skills.
              Catfall+invis+BJ = knocked out guard.
              Good answer, but same problem. You must use equipment to get past. Still effective. And guards with good sound systms will be able to tell where that 'gulp' came from.
              Kiech

Comment

If it was an AI he might already be KOed so why not have a human stall a thief team?
                How TuF are you?
                League of Legends
                Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Maybe he would be...maybe the thieves are trying to ghost. Answer doesn't matter for this thread, really. What secrets do you have, Agga?
                  Kiech

Comment

BTW nice avtar Chainsaw, Ash RULES!
                    CTG

Rhymin & Stealin

Comment

So let me get this straight...all of you had the time to chime in, and are all fairly advanced in gaming Thievery...but no one had any secrets or tactics that they think should be shared? Is owning new people really that important to you?

Kiech
                      Kiech

Comment

I'll provide a tactic too. In Folly, if you have one guard stand at the exit in the very begininng, you can effectively stall the thieves for a few moments by just standing still. The thief starting in the exit zone MUST use some of his equipment to move at all or perhaps have magical 1337 skills. This will give other guards needed time to place traps around the ruby.

Kiech
                        Yes they did really have too since its in the main post, i had to as well. :roll:

Usa tag on other guards so they can keep their weapons ready instead of holding a flare and being "Unarmed"
                        If guards use fire to "Tag" themselves this way put THEM out instead (you would put yourself out to hide, put them out so they dont reveal you)
                        How TuF are you?
                        League of Legends
                        Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Well, I'm currently working on an asylum strategy and sofar everything is working out well.

I won't say too much about it, except that you're all going to die. :twisted:

Oh, and the RLF Wraiths have discovered a really nifty trick on asylum too, but were keeping that as classified information.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                            Oh, and the RLF Wraiths have discovered a really nifty trick on asylum too, but were keeping that as classified information.
                            One? I lost count when we hit the double digits. ^_^
                            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

I'll just spoil one secret in asylum then :p

- As a guard, kill a thief with a lockpick.
                              - Grab the lockpick.
                              - Move to the big spider vent door.
                              - Lockpick the vent door.
                              - Crawl in a bit.
                              - Make the spider see you.
                              - He will try to atack you, but is stopped by the open vent door. But you can hit him. So, just simply keep hitting him, so the spider is dead before the thing leaves his cage.
                              On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Working...
                              X